hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wiiiams- please stay

I hope he stays. He is a great shot stopper and the best keeper we have had for perhaps 10 years. Ben, if you read these posts, please stay. Anyone else agree.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Islington Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope he stays. He is a great shot stopper and the best keeper we have had for perhaps 10 years. Ben, if you read these posts, please stay. Anyone else agree.
    Absolutely

Absolutely

NOT He doesn't command his 6 yard box let alone the 18. Good shot stopper as you say I would rather have a keeper who communicates with his defenders and commands his box though.

Like Ben and would be happy if he stays but he doesn't command his box enough...if rumours about Dean Brill r true...I wont b too disappointed

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I think we are very lucky to have him and it is always reassuring to see his name on the teamsheet. No keeper is perfect but he is a great find and hopefully will get signed long term. That would be evidence of serious intent by the new management setup. I suspect he may be one of the three that Pat Stanton suggests he would keep.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    I'd have Williams before Brill any day.

First Team Breakthrough
    Was as valuable in the sticks as Cummings was up front last night, made 2 or 3 stops that would have seen the result being completely different.

At the end of the day if he was any better he wouldn't be at us. Would be throwing anything we can at him to keep him. He seems to care a lot about the club as well.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Best keeper we've had for a while and would be more than happy to see him stay

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This.

Testimonial Due
    Best keeper we've had in ages. Wish we had him during the Mowbray era.

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Absolutely

NOT He doesn't command his 6 yard box let alone the 18. Good shot stopper as you say I would rather have a keeper who communicates with his defenders and commands his box though.
    I think thats harsh, he has no confidence in his defence, that goes without saying and when keepers dont trust their defenders they tend to stay on/near their line, its a natural reaction.

I'd love Ben to stay, he's the best we've had in years, what I'd like to see is how he'd improve behind a dominant central defender

He's alright, don't know if we can get anyone better so I'd be happy enough if he stayed but not if we have to make him a top earner.

Best keeper in many a year, very passionate as well, if we could only keep one player from the whole squad in my opinion it would be Ben.

Best we've had in years would love to see him stay but can't see it happening

If Ben Williams was as good a shot stopper as he is, could pluck balls into his box out of the air and totally command his 18 yard box he would still be at Manchester United! He's as good as were gonna get, his handling and decision making was top drawer last night and the two saves he made were as big as JC goals! Stefan Klos never used to move from his line yet is hailed as one of the better keepers in the spl era!

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    best hibs keeper i can remember.

First Team Breakthrough MurrayfieldHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    If Ben Williams was as good a shot stopper as he is, could pluck balls into his box out of the air and totally command his 18 yard box he would still be at Manchester United! He's as good as were gonna get, his handling and decision making was top drawer last night and the two saves he made were as big as JC goals! Stefan Klos never used to move from his line yet is hailed as one of the better keepers in the spl era!
    Remember Yves MaCalamity, Zibi Malpractise everyone???? Hopefully Leanne will sort out the coaching issue so that Ben wants to stay.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Why, and is that the same for other positions too?

First Team Breakthrough Luna Landing's Avatar
    To be honest I dont really understand the Ben Williams love-in . Yes he is a good shot stopper but he doesnt command his box ( did well last night I admit) and is as much part of our porous defence as the guys in front of him . I think we can do better and certainly wouldnt break the bank to keep him

Please please stay.

To those that want him to leave...just think about Malkowski, McNeil and Makalamby.

There is no guarantee we will do better.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Why, and is that the same for other positions too?
    I dont think he'd be good in any other positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    To those that want him to leave...just think about Malkowski, McNeil and Makalamby.

There is no guarantee we will do better.
    Are they coming back?

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    It's all about whether he wants to stay, which I appreciate will be influenced by what is put on the table in front of him. If he's not happy though I would rather he left as we need a happy ship next season.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post

Solid SPL Level keeper and a winner.

Could be his last game for the club Sunday !!

No 'love in' here but I really hope Ben stays.

In my opinion he is a very decent keeper at this level. Could we find better? Absolutely, but if we were fortunate enough to do so he would be away after a season or two at the most. Then we would need to find another keeper better than Ben was again.

I don't really get the argument that we should try to find better because there are better keepers out there. There are better strikers than Leigh Griffiths out there, does that mean there were fans glad when he left so we could go about trying to find them?

Quote Originally Posted by hibsmad View Post
    No 'love in' here but I really hope Ben stays.

In my opinion he is a very decent keeper at this level. Could we find better? Absolutely, but if we were fortunate enough to do so he would be away after a season or two at the most. Then we would need to find another keeper better than Ben was again.

I don't really get the argument that we should try to find better because there are better keepers out there. There are better strikers than Leigh Griffiths out there, does that mean there were fans glad when he left so we could go about trying to find them?
    Silly argument, Griffiths was never ours. If he was we'd have sold him to Celtic for a very good price, in fact i'd have thought we'd have got much more than Wolves did if he was ours to sell.

Williams will leave and we will get nowt, we'd have still got nowt if we'd wanted him off the wage bill, because nobody would have paid money for him.

He's a steady run of the mill keeper, who should be easily replaced if the manager and scout actually have eyes in their heads. There are plenty out there in the lower leagues of England as good and better, williams is held in such high regard here because he's followed such ****in drivel we were just glad to get someone who was semi decent.

Williams is leaving, he wants to head back south.