hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alan maybury

Alan maybury

Does not get enough credit IMO. I love the guy. He's older and maybe a easy name because of that to have a go at him.

He has no pace, quite small. BUT you can never tell, he uses his body and experience so well and wingers rarely get anything out of him

Especially as he was only signed as a bit part player this season. Fantastic professional and done us well whenever called up on

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    My man of the match - superb for full 90 !

Funny how folk see things differently. He's been my MOTM for our last three games, but tonight I thought he was just OK, nothing special, 6/10. But I'd like him to stay next season.

Can we transplant his brain to a younger body? He'd be immense.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Funny how folk see things differently. He's been my MOTM for our last three games, but tonight I thought he was just OK, nothing special, 6/10. But I'd like him to stay next season.
    Hamilton targeted his side first half Bollah and got precious little change - I thought he was superb, however when Cairney came on he left him exposed.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Alan has been decent in recent weeks. I think he will go on to be a good Manager in future, hopefully with Hibs. He has a brilliant attitude.

Coaching Staff
    Actually one of my favourite players in the team regardless of form. He's one you can ever accuse of not trying or caring.
    Last edited by steakbake; 22-05-2014 at 12:18 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    regardless of where he's been before he's done a good job for us, getting on a bit now but rarely has he let the side down.

@hibs.net private member
    He's been very consistent over the last few weeks since the Hearts game. Well played Alan

U could never say he doesn't give 110%.but reality is he's getting to old for the spl. We do need an old head in defence but I don't think he's the man to progress us in the right direction. Maybe off the field but not on it. There is a lot of long heigh balls to usually no where to his game.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by baggio70 View Post
    U could never say he doesn't give 110%.but reality is he's getting to old for the spl. We do need an old head in defence but I don't think he's the man to progress us in the right direction. Maybe off the field but not on it. There is a lot of long heigh balls to usually no where to his game.
    He will be more focused on the coaching side next season I think. Forster must be moulded into a RB as I don't see him as a decent option at Centre Back with the number of goals he has been responsible for over the last 6-7 weeks.

We need to remember our defensive record this season was better than any team in the top six by over 10 goals this season, and with the centre back pairing of Hanlon and Nelson we were pretty solid. There is a base of a decent defence at the club its just the other end of the pitch we really need to work at!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc1875 View Post
    We need to remember our defensive record this season was better than any team in the top six by over 10 goals this season, and with the centre back pairing of Hanlon and Nelson we were pretty solid. There is a base of a decent defence at the club its just the other end of the pitch we really need to work at!
    Very true. people go nuts at the defence but the stats would say we're not bad in that area. It's the lack of people who can finish that's been the problem. If we go one down, we've had nothing to come back with.

not a favorite of mine, by any means but he had a very good game against a lot of younger players. 8/10

Promising Youngster Long Time Hibee's Avatar
    Yeah, likewise I thought he was very good tonight. His experience shone through. Well done Alan. My only worry for Sunday is whether has the legs to play 2 games back to back?

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Time Hibee View Post
    Yeah, likewise I thought he was very good tonight. His experience shone through. Well done Alan. My only worry for Sunday is whether has the legs to play 2 games back to back?
    Wednesday and Sunday are hardly back to back though. Don't you remember when Hibs used to play 1st and 2nd January?

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Does not get enough credit IMO. I love the guy. He's older and maybe a easy name because of that to have a go at him.

He has no pace, quite small. BUT you can never tell, he uses his body and experience so well and wingers rarely get anything out of him

Especially as he was only signed as a bit part player this season. Fantastic professional and done us well whenever called up on
    Couldn't agree more. Not that it's much of an achievement, but he's been one of our better players under the Butchered era

Well done Alan

Another solid performance

Funny how different our opinions can be.

I think he's honking. Gets torn for pace, late to challenge and can't pass the ball, he boots it whatever way he's facing (John smiths advert) . Him and Nelson gave the ball away time after time by punting it to Hamilton players last night. I think these two should be the first of many players being emptied come Monday morning as they are not good enough and if we have any other RB's on our books then release them aswell because if you can't get a game infront of Maybury then you'd be better finding a new job.

The thing I like about Maybury is that he rarely wastes a ball going forward. His delivery is fantastic. If only we could get him into these forward positions more often.

@hibs.net private member
    Maybury has had much more game time than ever planned this year I'm sure - he rarely had let us down, and he was solid last night. Sunday will be he last game for us , he has earned my respect, good pro and by all accounts a decent coach ! Fingers crossed for a good final game..

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc1875 View Post

I think you mean bottom six teams but yes I agree with the sentiment. Scoring has been the problem. In the top six its better than Motherwell (McManus included) and only one worse than Dundee Utd's.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    I commend him for coming in when we are in desperate need for a right back and doing a job. He stayed on with us primarily to be a coach, our defensive injuries and the fact Pat Fenlon signed Fraser Mullen to be our starting right back has meant that Maybury had to put his boots on again and play, he's done a decent job and I am thankful he has been about otherwise would have had even less chance of surviving the drop.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonez View Post
    Funny how different our opinions can be.

I think he's honking. Gets torn for pace, late to challenge and can't pass the ball, he boots it whatever way he's facing (John smiths advert) . Him and Nelson gave the ball away time after time by punting it to Hamilton players last night. I think these two should be the first of many players being emptied come Monday morning as they are not good enough and if we have any other RB's on our books then release them aswell because if you can't get a game infront of Maybury then you'd be better finding a new job.
    We don't have any right backs other than young laddies in the youth teams, this is the whole reason Maybury has been standing in for so long.

Remember super Pat Fenlon that we were so stupid to get rid of? Well he brought in Fraser Mullen to be our starting right back, that worked out well.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

Sounds like an auld prozzie I was with in Amsterdam.....

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Has been a good signing for us, and hope he continues in a coaching capacity.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    He's been tremendous these past 3 or 4 games. There's been a lot of shouts from the terraces that have made me cringe over the years, however by FAR the worst are the clowns that shout "Maybury you Hearts ******* etc" anytime he puts a foot out of place. Awful

Fully committed but lacks the pace and quality, butcher will have a right back in mind for next season, a problem for us since Whittaker left

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Mr Consistent and has been good for us this season despite having played a lot more games than expected.

First Team Breakthrough hibseleven's Avatar
    if only we could have had him in the team ten years ago!!

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He's a better right back than Lewis Stevenson.