hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: McGivern

McGivern

Tonight was all about McGivern for me, he owned his man and looked alive to everything that fell in the box. He looked totally solid as put in a MOTM performance.

Perhaps he has found his position, he looked like a class act, I think he plays better when he isnt trying to spark the attack.

Well done Ryan, take a bow son.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Him and Nelson were good tonight. Odd lapse of concentration but other than that they can be happy with themselves tonight.

Well done lads.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Yip totally agree, thought the full back 4 had a decent game

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    yes thought ryan was superb against cuirier took care off him. we caused our own problems by losing the ball in midfield at times.

Cmon guys... they just did what they do in every game...lumped every ball away. Lucky Hamilton were piyesh tonight and didn't trouble us....lets not start kidding ourselves on. Perhaps Nelson n McGivern have found their level?

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cmon guys... they just did what they do in every game...lumped every ball away. Lucky Hamilton were piyesh tonight and didn't trouble us....lets not start kidding ourselves on. Perhaps Nelson n McGivern have found their level?
    Nope, they kept a clean sheet against a team who scored ten in their last league game. A good job in anyone's books.

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Defensively we were sound tonight, we haven't kept a clean sheet for how long????? I thought McGivern looked really solid, covered well for Stevenson a couple of times too.

Thought Nelson was the pick of the back line tonight. One silly mistake at the end of the 1st half but apart from that he was solid.

McGivern looked nervy at first but settled and played well too.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I wasn't at the game so the only comment I can make is why don't they play well consistently?

I moaned at the usual suspects 1st half, especially the early stages. But to be fair every player gained pass marks as the game went on. Felt sorry for Harris tonight but he'll blossom in a better team.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Thought Nelson was the pick of the back line tonight. One silly mistake at the end of the 1st half but apart from that he was solid.

Really PB ? Surprises me as you usually call a game well mate.

Thought Nelson was howling second half and bailed out by McGivern and Maybury a few times - he looked tired !

Midfield dropped too deep after the second which didn't help.

I thought Maybury was excellent tonight (again). Calm, composed and assured.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Mcgivern was holding his hamstring as he walked off the park at the end. Must be a slight doubt for Sunday if he's tweaked it

We were up against a lower league team. Thats why RM and MN looked decent tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by SkintHibby View Post
    We were up against a lower league team. Thats why RM and MN looked decent tonight.
    Lower league team or not they've been on an excellent run and have been scoring for fun.

Credit where credit is due.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    yes thought ryan was superb against cuirier took care off him. we caused our own problems by losing the ball in midfield at times.
    Yep. Curier was a handful and his movement was good. McGivern had a tough job but played him well.
    Last edited by The Harp Awakes; 21-05-2014 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkintHibby View Post
    Bit unfair. HAFC have been flying. All the guys can do is try keep a clean sheet - which they did.

Must be tough as a Hibs player at the moment knowing that many will be out the door as soon as Sunday is over. All the more credit to them for giving 100% tonight. Well done TB, well done all the players. It is a HUGE relief to come away with a 0-2 for the second leg.

Think him and Nelson have found their level TBH.

First Team Regular Heedersnvolleys's Avatar
    He is so much better at CH out the road! I really mean that in a good way😀

Quote Originally Posted by marleyhib View Post
    Think him and Nelson have found their level TBH.
    No need for this tonight. We've just won a crucial match and all the players have given their all. There will be plenty time for analysis and blood-letting later. We need to enjoy the win and look forward to Sunday.

@hibs.net private member Auckland Hibs's Avatar
    Without trying to put a damper on the result (I don't get to watch games too often with the time difference here in NZ), but I thought both our defence & midfield looked shocking tonight.

I can see why we have shipped so many goals this season, if everything goes well on Sunday then we need at least 3 new defenders and a couple of new midfielders for next season IMO or we'll be in similar position next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    No need for this tonight. We've just won a crucial match and all the players have given their all. There will be plenty time for analysis and blood-letting later. We need to enjoy the win and look forward to Sunday.
    Both for me are the main reason we are in a play off which isn't good enough, take your point tho.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Sliced clearance in the first half that let MAC one on one with Ben, horrible distribution as usual.

Ffs lower league or not they only finished 3 places behind us!

Thumbs up!

At half time , in the pub in Paris I 'singled' out McGivern for praise. Thought he was solid.

Of course....immediately the 'we were only playing a lower league team' retort surfaced. Probably from one of the 'we can't win because we can't score and can't defend' faction.

Give the guy credit...he had a good game !

Not a fan of either mcgivern or nelson but they stood up well to Hamiltons aerial bombardment all night...so credit where its due. Distribution not great but thats as solid as ive seen us at back since god only knows when. ..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hibs got the breaks tonight we didn't in the games against Partick, Hearts and Killie. Hamilton for me looked to run out of ideas and the gap between the sides started to show. They won't score 3 at ER I'm confident of that.

Brilliant tonight

Nelson scares me so much when the balls on te deck, he charges out like a bull at time and gets nowhere near the ball leaving a massive hole to exploit? Never mind his distribution on the ball

You know what, the defence wasn't great, fairly average against average opponents but if you said Hibs would have a clean sheet after the first leg I would have been delighted.
    Must be a tough job being a Hibs defender, low confidence and fans on their backs, lets give them a bit of credit.
    Not setting the heather on fire but good enough, I'll take good enough all next season

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by spike220 View Post
    Tonight was all about McGivern for me, he owned his man and looked alive to everything that fell in the box. He looked totally solid as put in a MOTM performance.

Perhaps he has found his position, he looked like a class act, I think he plays better when he isnt trying to spark the attack.

Well done Ryan, take a bow son.
    Taken a bit of stick lately but did well tonight, well done son

Some absolute arse hole comments on this thread about players being ***** and found there level etc, ffs give them credit where it's due both Nelson and McGivern were excellent tonight and done the job they were tasked. Folk having a pop need to get a grip ffs....pfhannys

btw I have thought both were pish most of the season but tonight I am giving a fair assessment.