hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVE1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    .............Thunderstruck by AC/DC (Only the intro riff though, however I think it would be amazing to have everyone shout Hibees instead of Thunder)...........
    Now I think that is a cracking idea, I can hear it in my head just now!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: JonnyLifeForce
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxyhibee View Post

How about 'Ever Fallen In Love With Someone (You Shouldn't Have Fallen In Love With)' being played at 14:57 next season.?
    Or 'do or die' twista*

Frankie-two tribes. Everytime the players walk out at ER. Stuff the marshmallow songs we've been playing.

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    As much as u agree that SoL should only be for big occasions, if we win/draw on Sunday, and stay up in the top flight, to hear us belt it out from 4 stands at ER would be quite amazing

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ORAMAGE95
    Quote Originally Posted by dangermouse View Post
    Agreed. After the magnificent rendition at the end of the cup final it's almost like we are being turned into performing seals. SOL is only ever appropriate for cup final wins or just before kick off against our Gorgie neighbours.
    And after, when we beat them

@hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Frankie-two tribes. Everytime the players walk out at ER. Stuff the marshmallow songs we've been playing.
    Love the song Waxy but its a great motivational song for both teams. Rip them with SOL before {its about passion, Hibs and Leith} and after. Then party mix.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: yekim evol
    Ive always wanted it to be the same as bubbles at Upton Park and You'll never walk alone at Anfield, the whole of easter road belting it out before the match would be special !

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHibs View Post
    Love the song Waxy but its a great motivational song for both teams. Rip them with SOL before {its about passion, Hibs and Leith} and after. Then party mix.
    If we keep playing Frankie we'll make it our own.Music is far more important and powerful than most people think. The last song you hear tends to stick in the mind for a very long time. SOL is not really doing our players Any good if you look at it from a science point of view.The first phase of every home match the players have a slow kind of depressing song going through their heads. This will probably even transfer to the start of away games as they'll still associate SOL with the start of games. It hasn't done us any good for all the years we've played it. I'd say play ir AFTER matches, thats ok. We don't need motivated after games. SOL as a motivational song? No.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Personally prefer SoL after a match - but not as routine.

But it's something unique to Hibs - which is special. AC/DC, Undetones etc arent and get played at lots of other grounds.

You'll Never Walk Alone (similar in tone to SoL and equally uplifting) is sung before kick off at Anfield and doesn't seem to do them any harm! One of the best sights and sounds in football - and I go for Everton!!

@hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    If we keep playing Frankie we'll make it our own.Music is far more important and powerful than most people think. The last song you hear tends to stick in the mind for a very long time. SOL is not really doing our players Any good if you look at it from a science point of view.The first phase of every home match the players have a slow kind of depressing song going through their heads. This will probably even transfer to the start of away games as they'll still associate SOL with the start of games. It hasn't done us any good for all the years we've played it. I'd say play ir AFTER matches, thats ok. We don't need motivated after games. SOL as a motivational song? No.
    I get what you're saying but we need to motivate the team and crowd. I loved the Mowbray music with Teenage kicks and I can feel it etc. SOL gets the crowd gong with while the chief..... At the end its an anthem to begin with its a challenge. Its like a New Zealand rugby Hakka you're going to get it hard I like them both. As I said on another thread I've had a drink.

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHibs View Post
    I get what you're saying but we need to motivate the team and crowd. I loved the Mowbray music with Teenage kicks and I can feel it etc. SOL gets the crowd gong with while the chief..... At the end its an anthem to begin with its a challenge. Its like a New Zealand rugby Hakka you're going to get it hard I like them both. As I said on another thread I've had a drink.
    Thats what i'm saying. Teenage kicks got Hibs playing with verve.SOL is one of the greatest Hibs songs ever but it doesn't actually serve to make us start matches very well at all.

It's tricky. People I've spoken to elsewhere identify Hibs with that song which made such an impression nationwide after the famous Cup win.

Personally, I'm not crazy about it. If we are to have a Proclaimers song there are many more upbeat ones to choose from. I certainly don't think SoL should be played at every match.

There must be plenty Liverpool fans who find YNWA a bit of a dirge!

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Always nice to revisit May 2014, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    Always nice to revisit May 2014, eh?
    In the same way it’s always nice to visit your mother in law

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    It's tricky. People I've spoken to elsewhere identify Hibs with that song which made such an impression nationwide after the famous Cup win.

Personally, I'm not crazy about it. If we are to have a Proclaimers song there are many more upbeat ones to choose from. I certainly don't think SoL should be played at every match.

not sure what prompted the resurrection of this thread but May 2016 crystallised SoL in Hibs folklore, and I think the club have the balance right now. After Cup final victories and ‘Big Games’ (and we all know which games those are)

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post

Have you been mulling over this answer for nine years?

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    not sure what prompted the resurrection of this thread but May 2016 crystallised SoL in Hibs folklore, and I think the club have the balance right now. After Cup final victories and ‘Big Games’ (and we all know which games those are)
    Controversial on here but May 2016 isn't the best rendition of SOL in my opinion.

Was there ever a time either it be May 2014 or before that Sunshine On Leith was actually played nearly every home game? If it was it’s escaped my memory. Seems to always be played at the right times and long may that continue, preserving its sacredness. It’s an unbelievable anthem we’re very lucky to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Controversial on here but May 2016 isn't the best rendition of SOL in my opinion.
    Na that came when we beat Hearts 1-0 at ER in the replay.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    I agree. Most of us were too stunned to give it the full airing it deserved.

the hearts cup games in 2016 and 2017 were better, as was the cup final in 2007

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Why has this thread been dug up from the grave

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Stanton View Post
    …gone tomorrow
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Why has this thread been dug up from the grave
    Its what the forum is for is it not… ?

Being serious for a min - I supposed if it wasn’t one of the features, threads would be locked and/or archived - therefore accessible and resurrect-table. Spose it means that the points made don’t have to be made all over again and can be re-examined in a new light / era.

remember how everyone loved Calderwood before he checked the bag of sweeties (no, nor do I ;))
    Last edited by Viva_Palmeiras; 30-06-2023 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Typo
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    Its what the forum is for is it not… ?

Being serious for a min - I supposed if it wasn’t one of the features, threads would be locked and/or archived - therefore accessible and resurrect-table. Spose it means that the points made don’t have to be made all over again and can be re-examined in a new light / era.

remember how everyone loved Calderwood before he checked the bad of sweeties (no, nor do I ;))
    That was a cracking thread.

Remember someone posted a pic of him meeting someone from Notts Forest, i think, in a hotel lobby.

That kicked the whole thing off from there and the arguments on here were tremendous!!

On the subject of leith Irvine Welsh getting interviewed on sky news just now by Beth rigby

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Stanton View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    Anyone else feel playing SOL before almost every home game isnt always appropriate and kind of dilutes the power of it. It should be played after certain games and results IMO
    It should only ever be after beating the Jumbo's (because they hate it), or, after winning a cup

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    That was a cracking thread.

Remember someone posted a pic of him meeting someone from Notts Forest, i think, in a hotel lobby.

That kicked the whole thing off from there and the arguments on here were tremendous!!
    It was the same poster, think it was someone's agent or someone with Forest connections as they clearly wanted something to happen.

Post #1: "Hey just seen this photo posted of your manager meeting ours, any idea what it means? Not sure down here"

Post #10: "Let me make this clear your manager WILL join our club and it IS happening. How DARE you insinuate that your manager is better than our STUPENDOUS, AMAZINGLY-SIZED HUGE CLUB. You are NOTHING. I PITY your laughable attempt at OUR beautiful game. NOTHING will stand in the way of my mighty FOREST"

First Team Breakthrough
    League Cup final blows it out the water. Collins greetin on the pitch, even the tv crew stopped interviews just to listen to it.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    Na that came when we beat Hearts 1-0 at ER in the replay.