hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Will we wont we?

Stay up? It's the big question now.Do you think we'll win the playoffs or not? Losing is unthinkable and it'd be disaster. I think we'll do enough to stay up but only just. Dont think i could hack watching a penalty shoot out so get it done Hibs.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    I think we will just scrape survival. Wont be pleasent and sure wont be pretty but I think we will. Just

To escape we must score at least one goal against a team full of confidence. Where's it going to come from. I've already renewed my season ticket but , fear the worst. New managers every year is not the answer..

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sorry, i think Falkirk and Hamilton are as good or better teams than us just now and have individual players in their teams that I would take in the Hibs team. Not sure they would want many of ours except the young lads with potential.

For me we are going to need a huge dollop of luck and Ben Williams to have the best two games of his career.

Can't score and can't defend......

The winner of Hamilton and Falkirk games will see them in the Premiership. Sadly.

It's mental to say this for such a big game but I can see luck playing a big part.

We need to get something from somewhere early in the first game. A penalty, an iffy decision, the ball hitting off Collins' arse and going in, I don't know, we just need something to give us that bit of hope. The flip side of that is that if any of these things go against us then we'll be beaten already. I also agree that if Williams plays like we know he can then that could be demoralising for them. He is key to this fixture.

Back to Easter Road with a fighting chance and get the crowd right behind the team. Take it from there.

Ok they'll have had a good season. But they're younger teams playing at a lower level. Our players have to believe in themselves to be able to deal with this.

Mental toughness is what this is all about.

As someone said in another thread, our best chance of getting through is on away goals. We could draw 1-1 away and 0-0 at home. I can't see us winning the tie outright though.

Coaching Staff
    Not a chance - Hamilton I think will beat Falkirk with a bit to spare and they will most certainly score home and away against us.

It's a sad sad fact - we create little clear cut chances because Pat and now Terry did not sign creativity in the middle and a genuine striker or two. That and Nelson and McGivern being worth a goal start to the opposition makes it, as JB says, recipe for disaster.

Spoke with a guy yesterday who is close to Falkik and their youth set up - they can't wait to play Hibs (if they win v Hamilton) - they are certain they would beat them with pace and a little bit of creation through the wide areas. Scotland and MAC up against Nelson and the man who cannot jump (Ryan McG).....deary me, no contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As someone said in another thread, our best chance of getting through is on away goals. We could draw 1-1 away and 0-0 at home. I can't see us winning the tie outright though.
    Not sure away goals count in the play-offs.

Anyway, they'll be as nervous as us with a lot to lose. We need to get straight in about them from the start and hopefully get a break early on. We also need Craig Thomson to be nowhere near either game.

I think if, big if, we can score first then the confidence will come from that. I think if we do then we will win. Hamilton and falkirk werent good enough to finish top. Also spoke to a falkirk fan who isnt confident of beting either hamilton or hibs!

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Not a chance - Hamilton I think will beat Falkirk with a bit to spare and they will most certainly score home and away against us.

It's a sad sad fact - we create little clear cut chances because Pat and now Terry did not sign creativity in the middle and a genuine striker or two. That and Nelson and McGivern being worth a goal start to the opposition makes it, as JB says, recipe for disaster.

Spoke with a guy yesterday who is close to Falkik and their youth set up - they can't wait to play Hibs (if they win v Hamilton) - they are certain they would beat them with pace and a little bit of creation through the wide areas. Scotland and MAC up against Nelson and the man who cannot jump (Ryan McG).....deary me, no contest.
    i take it "not a chance" was said tongue in cheek.

Obviously I hope to be proved wrong but I really can't see us beating either Falkirk or Hamilton... I'm not looking forward to this one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    I think we will just scrape survival. Wont be pleasent and sure wont be pretty but I think we will. Just
    This.

I for one, don't think we will - without a huge slice of luck, something that and the team scoring we seem to be bereft of.

Just hope that it's over quick.

Won't stop me supporting Hibs and being depressed if / when we lose though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    Yeah. This is how I see it.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    A poor Dundee managed to win promotion .imo.
    If we cant beat Hamilton/Fallirk over two ties we deserve to go down . Our luck in front of goal has been horrendous .
    A big noisy traveling support in the away tie will spur the team on to a vital win . Then we will play with some much needed confidence at the Leith San Siro and secure our saftey .

Ggtth

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    I've blindly said we will stay up with out a shred of evidence.

However I said we would beat hearts in the CF.
    Left at HT v Falkirk in the semi.
    Thought we would beat Ross County & Kilmarnock.

So I am a bi-polar pridictor, who is usually wrong.

I have optimism at the moment. Ask me on the 22nd after the first leg. Hopefully I will have the same outlook.

Coming up on the 25th regardless.

J

Going to be very tough and nervy.

I think some people are overplaying how good Falkirk and Hamilton are though. In the League Cup Hamilton and Falkirk were well beaten 3-0 and 5-0 by Premiership teams. Better Premiership teams than us granted but they are both hammerings.

We need to find a way to score, going 2 up front again is key imo.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

We will win comfortably over the two legs.

@hibs.net private member
    We are down. Can't score and can't defend.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post

Who?

Go back and find this 'someone' and tell them from me that they're an idiot. There is no 'away goals' rule in the Play Offs.

We will go down I think. Oh well. the championship should be more fun than the boring old SPL.

Remember last time we got relegated? Big crowds and goals galore.

Every game as far as I can remember iv been confident of a hibs win.

Now however...I just have no confidence or faith in them to get a result. Only thing I can see is Liam Craig scoring

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Stay up? It's the big question now.Do you think we'll win the playoffs or not? Losing is unthinkable and it'd be disaster. I think we'll do enough to stay up but only just. Dont think i could hack watching a penalty shoot out so get it done Hibs.
    I really don't think we will.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Every game as far as I can remember iv been confident of a hibs win.

Now however...I just have no confidence or faith in them to get a result. Only thing I can see is Liam Craig scoring
    Scoring for who though ? Won't be us !

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    My optimism has failed repeatedly so I am going to predict a loss for us in both ties, England are going to win the world cup and I am not going to win the lottery.

We'll do the business in the play-offs, hopefully a good travelling support to the away leg.

First Team Breakthrough Pat 0-7's Avatar
    Yes. Based on the chances we've created in the last two games I'm confident (in a still-bricking-it sort of way) that we'll score 2 or 3 goals and scrape through over the two legs.

It's Falkirk or Hamilton FFS, not Barcelona!!!

Going down imo. Just hope we put up a fight unlike in most of the last 20 games.