hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

we have another chance

Before everyone starts digging out the defibrillator's we have a two legged tie with championship opposition, its sore the now but I think most of us seen this coming

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    "We have another chance"

We have been saying that for weeks now

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WormyEel
    as usual too little too late, are any of those championship teams be scared too play us?
    i would think it would the opposite they will fancy coming to easter road knowing we will fold as soon as they score.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    as usual too little too late, are any of those championship teams be scared too play us?
    i would think it would the opposite they will fancy coming to easter road knowing we will fold as soon as they score.
    Over two leg's I do fancy us,we were unlucky today,a good effort but it wasn't to be,the hard way it is now

Season is over for me.

Can't get to the 2nd leg (due to holidays) and zero interest in attending the away game. As far as I'm concerned, this Hibs team is ****ed and I've no interest in experiencing the thrill of relegation with them.

Strangely enough, at the end of today's game it felt like a huge burden had been lifted from my shoulders. Almost a sense of relief that the season has finally ended. Every game was like a recurring nightmare. Roll on my holidays

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Here here. Lets pick ourselves up and go again

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    Yes I know we are not down YET, we have another chance etc etc, my main concern is that we should never be in this position in the first place

We need to score and that's going to be a problem. A big problem.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Will Craig Thompson referee both playoffs or just our home game?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WormyEel
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Season is over for me.

Can't get to the 2nd leg (due to holidays) and zero interest in attending the away game. As far as I'm concerned, this Hibs team is ****ed and I've no interest in experiencing the thrill of relegation with them.

Strangely enough, at the end of today's game it felt like a huge burden had been lifted from my shoulders. Almost a sense of relief that the season has finally ended. Every game was like a recurring nightmare. Roll on my holidays

exactly the same mate, im away on holiday for the first game and im not gonna even look for the result. im just sickened.

Quote Originally Posted by leggeto View Post
    Over two leg's I do fancy us,we were unlucky today,a good effort but it wasn't to be,the hard way it is now
    I don't want to sound like a happy clapper but we've been really unlucky in a lot of games this season. There's a fine line and on other days we would have scored first rather than always chasing the game.

Not over yet. Two legged tie and still everything to play for.

We have another chance

Yes to embarrass the the fans yet again

As bad as it is we have 2 chances left...

Even if we lose the first leg 1v0 - win 2v0 2nd leg and we are safe.

Should never have got here though and it wasn't just about today - it's been previous weeks issues also.

Like many my worry continues to be lack of goals - schoolboy defending and Butchers tactics.

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gutted we didn't win but over on the 25th...we have every chance

@hibs.net private member
    We follow the same pattern every game. Come out the blocks quick look good and take the game to a team, then gift a goal to them and chase the game for the rest of the time.

We NEED to get the first goal from somewhere. We are getting no luck so its going to have to be earnt. If we get the first goal we will win IMO

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    You saw the players today, stretched out prostrate on the pitch at full time. Defeatists the lot of them. As they had done against Ross County on Tuesday night. Do you seriously reckon this lot have the gall to actually win against a First Division team that will be brimming with confidence having reached the play off final?

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I never felt we would score, but that is because of the run of horrible form not the actual game today. We had 13 shots on target, several off the line, a stunning underside of the bar shot and goal mouth scrambles. We should have scored and it might have turned the game.

I'm worried the playoffs could be more like today with loads of chances and us not scoring them. Teams seem to get flukey goals or spectacular unstoppables against us too.

I think we need a major turn of luck but I've been saying this for months and things continue the same.

Who will be our curse lifter? Is there a player we forgot about? Let the tea lady pick the team?

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gutted we didn't win but over on the 25th...we have every chance

Quote Originally Posted by GreenStar View Post

Should never have got here though and it wasn't just about today - it's been previous weeks issues also.

Like many my worry continues to be lack of goals - schoolboy defending and Butchers tactics.
    One thing I'd like to raise about butchers tactics is why do we persist with aimless high balls into the box,is he hoping for a mistake to go our way or the second ball to fall for us,we hardly won a ball in that box and yet they kept on floating in,I'd rather see them hit the bye line and cross or try passing around the edge of the box for a shot or through ball,very limited in his tactics today although the effort was good

We play like we did today and against Thistle I think we will win. Killie threw themselves in front of everything. A first division side may well fold under that pressure.

Then again we may lose so god knows!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by leggeto View Post
    One thing I'd like to raise about butchers tactics is why do we persist with aimless high balls into the box,is he hoping for a mistake to go our way or the second ball to fall for us,we hardly won a ball in that box and yet they kept on floating in,I'd rather see them hit the bye line and cross or try passing around the edge of the box for a shot or through ball,very limited in his tactics today although the effort was good
    I can deal with direct football - I can deal with a decent long ball with a flick on - but poor deliveries - often not winning headers and doing the same thing over and over won't win you guys in the short and long term.

The midfielders must get sore necks watching the ball go over them then expected to pick up the pieces.

My worry is if we stay up what Butcher plans to do next season - same tactics with better players?

When we do play football along the ground we look a different team.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenStar View Post

The only real positive is the 15 point penalty for Hearts that has given us the chance to stay in the league. We are the worst side in the league without doubt and deserve to be where we are.

First Team Breakthrough davehiby's Avatar
    1 point from 15 against the bottom 6 prem teams and now we could face hamilton who scored 10 the other day really looking forward to that not

@hibs.net private member
    We'll support you ever more, as the song says. We still have chances to save our season

aye we have a chance, no chance. cant score, cant defend, no confidence. against a team full of confidence, scoring goals regularly, only got ourselves to blame though, the board have failed the fans big time.

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    Yes I know we are not down YET, we have another chance etc etc, my main concern is that we should never be in this position in the first place
    Totally agree ,looks like hamilton or queens,embarrasing if we cant beat them

I honestly think we'll do it no matter who we face in the play offs..... But then I've been saying that for weeks.....I plan to be there both legs to help us crawl over the line....

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We have no ****in chance.

Can't keep a clean sheet

Can't score

Every time we lose the first goal we are beat.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    The advertising rallying call for the play off just needs a slight tweak to today's blurb - "It's Still in Our Hands"

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    On today's evidence spot on ,Collins andHefferman iether got in each other's way or when one got a flick or head on the ball the other wasn't there .Second half Craig's shot apart that hit the bar their was nothing else of real note Too many aimless balls floated into box in hope .Big Tudor Jones ambled on and that set tone for his cameo .Heff can't be match fit but he can hold ball up and has a touch but there is no partner for him but need to persevere with him now

TB in his interview more or less indicated he doesn't know when next goal will be scored Sounded dejected and no wonder after the second half performance ,But no one takes responsibility for try to change pattern they just looked leaderless and resigned to losing for a lot of second half that's the worry for me heading into play offs which if we are honest deep down we knew we were heading to .
    To not score a goal against the two teams we should of been capable of taking something from is Huge Concern .