hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Jackie McNamara

Left by mutual consent!

Jackie McNamara

Sorry if posted elsewhere but I have just seen that Dundee United have rejected permission from Blackpool to speak to him.

I think he has done a fantastic job at United and had a big part in Particks promotion last season

2. Log in to remove the advert

His next move will be to Celtic possibly as soon as the start of next season when Lemon heads south.

Quote Originally Posted by Weststandwanab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His next move will be to Celtic possibly as soon as the start of next season when Lemon heads south.
    can't see lennon going south anytime soon.. there have been plenty opportunities for clubs to take him and he has hardly been mentioned, apart of small rumours about Norwich

Mcnamara move would have a domino effect with maybe Malpass tipped to return to former club . Sounds like there`ll be a few managerisl changes this summer .

I don't think he'd go to Blackpool. Given the two you'd rather manage DU wouldn't you? They're an up-and-coming side who are financially stable.

I definitely think McNamara will have one eye on the Celtic job, to be honest I can't see Neil Lennon moving anytime soon though, I don't know why he would want to either, I don't particularly rate him but he's probably the luckiest manager in their history with so little genuine competition, I read last week that they haven't won 4 in a row in over 40 years, so that's a carrot for him and I also recall reading a year or so ago that if he won the treble with them then he'd be the first ever guy to win it as a Player and a Manager with the same club in the UK.

I really rate McNamara, I wanted him to get the Hibs job last year even though Fenlon's job wasn't entirely at risk back then.

Blackpook isn't a step up either, Scott Robertson was on more money at Utd than he was at Blackpool

@hibs.net private member
    I think he'll go after the cup final. It was a bit crass off Blackpool to try it 9 days before the final

Completely classless from Blackpool, totally agree.

I think Jackie seems like a man of integrity though, I don't think he'd say one thing so emphatically if a deal has been agreed or if he has his eye on the move

Blackpool would be hoping that if McNamara joined them that he would be joined by some of the better players that Dundee United have on their books.

A step down if you ask me.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutmegged View Post

I think Jackie seems like a man of integrity though, I don't think he'd say one thing so emphatically if a deal has been agreed or if he has his eye on the move
    But left the Thistle supporters with a bad taste in the mouth around how his exit was handled - and subsequent legal wrangling compounded by raiding his former team.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: JonnyLifeForce
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutmegged View Post

Ask any jags fan if he has integrity!