hibs.net Messageboard

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!

realise the potential of Hibernian FC

They truly must be having a laugh by keeping this ST advertisement up. We're in a steady descend, one that is years old and with a chance of relegation. Is this the potential of my beloved football club?

Watch good football as well. Indeed, that may be possible if decent players were brought in. Sadly there is no correlation between our devoted support and both, the potential of the club being realised and the watching good football... Looking at trends you could say because of their ineptitude, there is a clear correlation between our support and being given a shell of a club, and garbage football to watch.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They truly must be having a laugh by keeping this ST advertisement up. We're in a steady descend, one that is years old and with a chance of relegation. Is this the potential of my beloved football club?

Watch good football as well. Indeed, that may be possible if decent players were brought in. Sadly there is no correlation between our devoted support and both, the potential of the club being realised and the watching good football... Looking at trends you could say because of their ineptitude, there is a clear correlation between our support and being given a shell of a club, and garbage football to watch.
    Youve clearly got a talent for this... Continue the brainstorming intensity up to Saturday leave no stone unturned and pack it all up for Leann when she starts on June 1st.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Let's make Easter Road a fortress...

Worst advertising campaign ever

The creativity being demonstrated here in finding something new to hang the same old stuff on is truly impressive.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    We have an owner who is never near the club. We have a CEO who is only around half the week. Even then I'm not sure if he ever goes near East Mains. It starts at the top for me.

McGregor the Ross County chairman was interviewed last night on sport sound and talked about how he achieved his vision for the club over the past 15 years Very down to earth and inspiring story He mentioned he has never lost sight of the customer and they have worked hard to be a community club . Think Petrie lost sight of the customer ie us fans long ago .we wanted a team on the Park and he gave us Infrastructure and Prudent Financial Stewardship which has partly resulted in where we are today .

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Super, another thread battering Hibs. Just what was needed.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bawheid View Post
    Super, another thread battering Hibs. Just what was needed.
    If this thread is worse than the clubs evident decline, then I give up. We all have our breaking points, but sadly it appears without fail fans will say our club and stop bashing it until the cows come home even though its a disaster. Wish I could continually make positive threads, just give me something positive about our club to talk about...
    Last edited by madhatter; 08-05-2014 at 06:48 AM.

If this thread is worse than the clubs evident decline, then I give up. We all have our breaking points, but sadly it appears without fail fans will say our club and stop bashing it until the cows come home even though its a disaster. Wish I could continually make positive threads, just give me positive about our club to talk about...
    We're not relegated and in administration.

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stax View Post
    That bit could be temporary though and that's what at the back of everyone's mind when it wasn't when TB and MM arrived last year!

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Youve clearly got a talent for this... Continue the brainstorming intensity up to Saturday leave no stone unturned and pack it all up for Leann when she starts on June 1st.

I see this as being the exact same as Fenlon leaving. After 2 SC finals, 1 europa league demolition and visibly building a very unbalanced team, there are still fans that post Fenlon vs Butcher. Where would we be if we had Fenlon? Other fans are aware that he, combined with Calderwood have taken this club back years.

This is the same, many fans will back the team until the end of the season - which I am going to do but I will not be positive about this embarrassment, sorry I can't be. After which, relegated or not, many will continue to back the team positively either through a false sense of achievement (staying up), a false sense of hope of change (years of this, so what is the chance it will be different this time around?), and after that, loyalty, which must surely be wearing thin for many.

People pointing out the decay get called scaremongerers until what they saw happening, happens. Some will stand on the "we'll be fine" and "give them a chance next year" bench (give us Fenlon back types), some will realise what has happened and change their mind. I am stating a opinion based on facts, some will agree now, some will agree later, and some will never agree. I just hope for the sake of our club, those wanting change don't get shot down by others simply out of sense of pride or a clan attitude. I hope change does occur without intervention and that we stay up.

Asking people to stay positive and just think about Saturday - nothing, facts, suggestions, or evidence shows that a big positive crowd helps this team. However, I'll willing to be less negative until then. I just hope people are willing to be more negative afterwards and not get caught up in the Groundhog Day effect.

I see this as being the exact same as Fenlon leaving. After 2 SC finals, 1 europa league demolition and visibly building a very unbalanced team, there are still fans that post Fenlon vs Butcher. Where would we be if we had Fenlon? Other fans are aware that he, combined with Calderwood have taken this club back years.

This is the same, many fans will back the team until the end of the season - which I am going to do but I will not be positive about this embarrassment, sorry I can't be. After which, relegated or not, many will continue to back the team positively either through a false sense of achievement (staying up), a false sense of hope of change (years of this, so what is the chance it will be different this time around?), and after that, loyalty, which must surely be wearing thin for many.

People pointing out the decay get called scaremongerers until what they saw happening, happens. Some will stand on the "we'll be fine" and "give them a chance next year" bench (give us Fenlon back types), some will realise what has happened and change their mind. I am stating a opinion based on facts, some will agree now, some will agree later, and some will never agree. I just hope for the sake of our club, those wanting change don't get shot down by others simply out of sense of pride or a clan attitude. I hope change does occur without intervention and that we stay up.

Asking people to stay positive and just think about Saturday - nothing, facts, suggestions, or evidence shows that a big positive crowd helps this team. However, I'll willing to be less negative until then. I just hope people are willing to be more negative afterwards and not get caught up in the Groundhog Day effect.
    I dont think anyone can argue with the sentiments but how many threads/posts do we need on,essentially the same points?

Quote Originally Posted by Stax View Post
    Give it time. Petrie's work is not complete

I'm sorry but what's your point?

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    I'm sorry but what's your point?
    I think it is fairly evident.

@hibs.net private member Gettin' Auld's Avatar
    It's Petrie and Farmer that should 'realise the potential of Hibernian FC', not the fans.

It isn't. Unless it's "we're crap".

Looking at the thread title I was foolish enough to think there might be even a single constructive idea but there isn't one. I'll know next time.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gettin' Auld View Post
    It's Petrie and Farmer that should 'realise the potential of Hibernian FC', not the fans.
    Nae ****in' chance then.

@hibs.net private member Gettin' Auld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saorsa View Post
    Nae ****in' chance then.
    Can't disagree with that post mate....

Yep your as Mad as a Hatter

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Yep your as Mad as a Hatter
    Grand.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    It isn't. Unless it's "we're crap".

Looking at the thread title I was foolish enough to think there might be even a single constructive idea but there isn't one. I'll know next time.
    Here it is then. Fan ownership whether we go down or stay up.