hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

So 3 points needed...

Not for the faint hearted on Saturday.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Let's see if the losers have any fight in them.

I'm done being positive. We've been positive for the last 7 years and turned out in numbers and this club has done **** all. It isn't on us to support the team. It's on the team to support us and actually put in a ****ing performance. They should do what they're actually paid to do and win a ****ing game.

I absolutely picked the wrong time to come home!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    to get 3 points we have to score a goal and not concede one, can anyone really see that happening?

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not for the faint hearted on Saturday.
    So not for most of the Hibs players then. It's winner takes all, and we barely have half a team with a winning mentality and even fewer with the footballing talent to go with it.

I'll be pleasantly astonished if we aren't in a relegation play-off after this weekend's games.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    to get 3 points we have to score a goal and not concede one, can anyone really see that happening?
    no, we need to score more than we concede (I can't see that happening either).
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Cant see us winning on saturday :-(

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawr.rar View Post
    Let's see if the losers have any fight in them.

I'm done being positive. We've been positive for the last 7 years and turned out in numbers and this club has done **** all. It isn't on us to support the team. It's on the team to support us and actually put in a ****ing performance. They should do what they're actually paid to do and win a ****ing game.
    They are paid to play well and ultimately win - these players couldn't care one bit that is the problem. Public shows of emotion or lying down on the pitch mean nothing, they have never and will never take action. I was positive up until last night. Our play in the opposition's half, never mind the final third, is horrendous. Lackluster, devoid of ideas, fear of having the ball, and ultimately not creating enough good chances. We had some header chances but when was the last time we played through a team? We can't, not enough movement. Its the exact same ****ing thing at throw-ins and has it changed? Basic basic things and they can't grasp it. Useless.

I'm with you. I've kept the faith for years and been positive. SC Finals, Malmo game et al - we were all fairly positive and what do we get? ****. I know what to do if life hands you lemons, but what do we do if it hands you **** over and over again?

I remember heading down for the game against Dunfermline in 2012 feeling reasonably optimistic. We had a huge cup final in a few weeks and I think the Pars were sitting bottom so we had a slight margin of error. Can't say the same this time. I genuinely believe we will lose on Saturday.

Not a chance hoofcher will get a win on sat.

Kilmarnock only need a point. They're going to shut up shop.

Were deep in the brown stuff.

****, ****, **** and bollocks.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    No doubt in my mind we will be in the play offs.

Gutless spineless losers.

I hate nearly everything about our team, however I am convinced we will win, don't think I've said that for over a year.

I'm going to start praying.

Think it could turn very nasty on Saturday if we are getting beat.

It's still in our own hands so we can only try and back the team and hope they pull something from somewhere. Who knows? They might surprise us.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    They are paid to play well and ultimately win - these players couldn't care one bit that is the problem. Public shows of emotion or lying down on the pitch mean nothing, they have never and will never take action. I was positive up until last night. Our play in the opposition's half, never mind the final third, is horrendous. Lackluster, devoid of ideas, fear of having the ball, and ultimately not creating enough good chances. We had some header chances but when was the last time we played through a team? We can't, not enough movement. Its the exact same ****ing thing at throw-ins and has it changed? Basic basic things and they can't grasp it. Useless.

I'm with you. I've kept the faith for years and been positive. SC Finals, Malmo game et al - we were all fairly positive and what do we get? ****. I know what to do if life hands you lemons, but what do we do if it hands you **** over and over again?
    What's the answer, we'v been let down time after time, but we come back for more disappointment!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vanquinho
    We will attack them heavily and they will keep 10 men in their 18-yard box. Then they will hit us on the break and win the game 1-0.

Prove me wrong Hibs, please.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by StranraerHibee View Post
    I remember heading down for the game against Dunfermline in 2012 feeling reasonably optimistic. We had a huge cup final in a few weeks and I think the Pars were sitting bottom so we had a slight margin of error. Can't say the same this time. I genuinely believe we will lose on Saturday.
    If we could borrow Leigh Griffiths for Saturday I,d be confident

Our goals for column tells the story

An easy 3 points for Killie on Sat IMO

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbydog View Post
    Kilmarnock only need a point. They're going to shut up shop.

Were deep in the brown stuff.

****, ****, **** and bollocks.
    As if they'll need to shut up shop against us.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    We haven't won a game in 3 months what makes anybody think we'll get one on Saturday?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    So not for most of the Hibs players then. It's winner takes all, and we barely have half a team with a winning mentality and even fewer with the footballing talent to go with it.

I'll be pleasantly astonished if we aren't in a relegation play-off after this weekend's games.

The players are faint-hearted? What about the fans? Always looking to get rid of a manager? Always baying for blood if he's not getting results against hertz, or isn't in the top half. Yes we want to on the former, and should be on the latter, but a Hibs manager only ever seems to get a handful of games before the pressure's on from the stands, ffs. Why can't we ever stand firm with our managers? St Mirren did this season, Ross County did, Partick Thistle did, Killie did ... and it looks like Hibs, who bin (I don't believe he walked) a manager when we're comfortable in 7th, and not for the first time, are about to finish up in 11th after yet another season of managerial disruption. Can we, the fans, not just take a collective look at ourselves for once?

Caldwood took a team we had written off to Ibrox and won 3-0. Anything is possible, the winless streak has to end some time.
    These players can do it.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    The one thing that gives me a bit of confidence is that most of the players have holidays booked and will have to cancel if we are in play offs, sad but true.

At least we will get effort.

For the record I think we will win.

Pressure massively on..

Not even a draw is good enough in any way.

We haven't won for 12 games..

1 win in 18.

The signs really aren't good - I will be there - please prove me wrong and just win.

We aren't down yet but seriously Butcher and the board have made a massive mess of this - people have to be held accountable.
    Last edited by GreenCastle; 07-05-2014 at 08:43 PM.

If the Kilmarnock team were to be, say, kidnapped and not make the kick-off, would we automatically get the points?

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i'l tell yi one thing, if we take our seats in the stand and find out we are playing one up front...i'm off for the exit

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm going to start praying.

Think it could turn very nasty on Saturday if we are getting beat.

It's still in our own hands so we can only try and back the team and hope they pull something from somewhere. Who knows? They might surprise us.
    2-1to us,even if we don't we have another chance

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    I don't even know what we should do.

I don't know whether we should stick 3 up front and go for it.

I don't know whether we should try and get an early goal and then park a bus, four camper vans, and two skips in front of Williams and hope we either keep a clean sheet () or hit them on the break.

I don't know whether we should try something totally different to flummox Killie.

I feel a bit lost.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Caldwood took a team we had written off to Ibrox and won 3-0. Anything is possible, the winless streak has to end some time.
    These players can do it.
    They can. But most of them know it'll be their last league game. Expect a team full of Matt Doherty's.

These bunch of losers dont have it in them. Any of the championship teams must be rubbing their hands with the prospect of playing us!