hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lap of Honour

Lap of Honour

Traditionally, the last home game of the season sees the team do a lap of honour to applaud the fans and get applauded back. If by some miracle we get a result on Saturday will anyone be staying back to applaud the team?

I, for one, don't think they deserve it and after they go down the tunnel at the final whistle, win,lose or draw, they should just stay in the dressing room until the stadium is empty so they can creep home unnoticed.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    No

Left by mutual consent!
    lap of disgrace mair like, we should stand there in silence and they should walk round applauding us for still being there.

At the risk of someone smacking MM or a player they should stay in.

As I said on another thread, if we stay up and they try this they can fekk right off. I felt that way 2 years ago after the Dunfermline game and I feel even stronger about it this time. However, I hope they do try to do it because having the team come out to an empty stadium will the best message possible.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    ******in BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I haven't boo'd hibs this season, because I don't think it will help the players but if we some how survive they will get a sound boo'ing from me because we simply shouldn't be in this position at all. They can think about it all summer as most of them vanish off to other clubs.

@hibs.net private member hibeesjoe's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: catcabbage
    For some reason I hung back and applauded them at the Dunfermline game a couple of seasons ago. Will just be leaving as soon as the whistle blows on Saturday though. You really think the will embarrass themselves with a lap of honour?

First Team Breakthrough
    Is the play-off at a neutral venue or is it a two-leg affair? Just think if that is the case then Saturday will not be our last home game.

Away leg is 21st May
    Home leg is 25th May

Quote Originally Posted by hibeesjoe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For some reason I hung back and applauded them at the Dunfermline game a couple of seasons ago. Will just be leaving as soon as the whistle blows on Saturday though. You really think the will embarrass themselves with a lap of honour?

was the last game prior to the cup final (and we had just won 4-0) and I think people (I certainly did) saw it as an opportunity to try and gee the team up at hat point. Won't be staying this time though.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Away leg is 21st May
    Home leg is 25th May
    On Tv ?

Quote Originally Posted by Antwerphibs View Post
    was the last game prior to the cup final (and we had just won 4-0) and I think people (I certainly did) saw it as an opportunity to try and gee the team up at hat point. Won't be staying this time though.
    Spot on.

I stayed after the Dunfermilne games as I saw it as a send off for the final as opposed to celebrating winning that game.

I'll back the team all the way on Saturday but will leave right after the final whistle. I just can't see that Hibs would be daft enough to try a lap of honour even if we win though.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    ******in BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I haven't boo'd hibs this season, because I don't think it will help the players but if we some how survive they will get a sound boo'ing from me because we simply shouldn't be in this position at all. They can think about it all summer as most of them vanish off to other clubs.
    Booing wont do anything mate. I don't think they even care anymore...

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    As these things things are more a mutual appreciation of the fans continued support and players efforts, a lap will probably happen should we get what we need done. I'd stop short at "we are staying up!" t-shirts for the players, but I'd like to see the players thank us for our support and maybe even an apology for what they have put us through this season.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Spot on.

I stayed after the Dunfermilne games as I saw it as a send off for the final as opposed to celebrating winning that game.

I'll back the team all the way on Saturday but will leave right after the final whistle. I just can't see that Hibs would be daft enough to try a lap of honour even if we win though.
    Dinnae kid yersel, that's exactly the sort of brass neck thing I'd expect followed by a tannoy announcement tae get yer dosh out for mair of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    Booing wont do anything mate. I don't think they even care anymore...
    This is the sort of pish that's annoying me now. I wasn't there last night but was at the derby and Partick games and there was no lack of effort. 18 attempts at goal last night would suggest the same.

Its nothing to do with lack of effort.

It's a combination of a poorly run club, players with no confidence in front of goal and often a severe lack of ability and a manager who greatly underestimated the task ahead of him.

Of course as every post you make contradicts the previous one you will probably agree with me.

First Team Breakthrough Mathias Jack's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GazA1875

Lap of Honour

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    On Tv ?
    Think it was last Thursday or Friday on the back of The Sun, the SPFL were trying to negotiate a TV deal for it.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    If we win the fans, players, everyone will be buzzing with relief. As embarrassing as our situation is, I reckon it would be celebrated spontaneously.

There will certainly be some punching of air in Brittany if we manage.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    This is the sort of pish that's annoying me now. I wasn't there last night but was at the derby and Partick games and there was no lack of effort. 18 attempts at goal last night would suggest the same.

It's a combination of a poorly run club, players with no confidence in front of goal and often a severe lack of ability and a manager who greatly underestimated the task ahead of him.

Of course as every post you make contradicts the previous one you will probably agree with me.
    That's why were in a relegation battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias Jack View Post
    Think it was last Thursday or Friday on the back of The Sun, the SPFL were trying to negotiate a TV deal for it.
    You'd have thought they'd have agreed this at the start of the season. Playoffs were in place and whilst i hate Hibs will be involved, these games should 100% be on Tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    On Tv ?
    BT, the BBC and Sky are all in talks with the SPFL for it, should be a good wee earner if the SPFL ca get a mini bidding war for it.

also heard this morning that depending on how the next round of the Play-Off is balanced, the same stations are looking at bidding for the second leg of the Hamilton vs Falkirk/QotS tie

Left by mutual consent!
    If we put in a really good performance Saturday and win the game I will most probably stay behind and clap the team just for their effort in that game. I also think there will be a major clear out in the summer, regardless of what happens with relegation

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    If we put in a really good performance Saturday and win the game I will most probably stay behind and clap the team just for their effort in that game. I also think there will be a major clear out in the summer, regardless of what happens with relegation
    Me too. I'll applaud.

I think (all going well). The Hibees might want to flip the intention as a "thank you " to the fans from the players for the support this season.

Glory Glory

I hope they bring the U20s/EoS squad out at the end so we can applaud them, followed by a lap of hounor by the first team youngsters plus Hanlon, Stevenson, Robbo and Thommo so i can applaud their efforts. Then the rest after, so i can just laugh at them and throw a couple of GTF gestures... This would be followed by Terry standing in the middle of the centre circle, putting his head between his legs and kissing his own arse, after that i'd like to see Rodders bending over at the FF goals for the fans to pay a quid to kick a baw at his backside...

After that, since i don't drink, go home for some time and catch up with some decent footie...

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    If we put in a really good performance Saturday and win the game I will most probably stay behind and clap the team just for their effort in that game. Then there will be our annual major clear out in the summer
    Fixed that for you

Quote Originally Posted by dangermouse View Post
    Traditionally, the last home game of the season sees the team do a lap of honour to applaud the fans and get applauded back. If by some miracle we get a result on Saturday will anyone be staying back to applaud the team?

I, for one, don't think they deserve it and after they go down the tunnel at the final whistle, win,lose or draw, they should just stay in the dressing room until the stadium is empty so they can creep home unnoticed.

Is it April 1st today

I'm not going back until that bunch of losers have been cleared out from the squad, but a masochistic part of me would like to see just how furious the fans would be if they did do a lap of honour, or anything else, after losing again on Saturday.

I will stay but I won't applaud. I think they HAVE to come out after regardless if we win or lose. If they don't then it's just another sign that fans really don't matter IMO.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post

I wasn't saying the players don't care. I was meaning the players don't care of we boo.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSimplyHibs View Post
    I hope they bring the U20s/EoS squad out at the end so we can applaud them, ..
    This won't happen as the eos players will be at their own cup final match at marine drive, kick off 3pm.

This means I won't be staying for a lap of dishonour at full time, will be rushing down to watch a team who actually give a **** about playing for the green and white strip!!