hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Dear Rod. Please GTF

Dear Rod,

You are the Chairman of a club that has a far bigger fan base than almost any of our rivals. It has far bigger potential income streams. Over a four-year period in the not too distant past you raked in £16 million in transfer fees when none of our rivals took in so much as a tenth of that. You have managed to convert all this gold and good fortune into a team that has given us years of failure and is now, deservedly, the laughing stock of Scottish football. Next year our income will plummet, and with far less money to spend, a manager who has put together one of the worst runs in the history of the club will need to find ways to improve a team that would already struggle in the Championship. Even without The Rangers and Hearts. That is the sum total of your achievements over the past seven years.

You have just brought in a new CEO. In terms of running a successful football club, she has excellent credentials. You have none. You are a complete failure. The last thing she needs is someone like you in the background, hanging around her neck like a millstone, dragging her down in the same way you have dragged everything else down over the past seven years. You have nothing to offer her, and you have nothing to offer the long-suffering fans, and you have nothing to offer the club.

So please GTF. As in eff off. As in now. I realise this will cost you your much-coveted role as a Billy Big-Boots in the SFA, and I don't care. Go find some other way of becoming a VIP Suit in Scottish football that doesn't involve you being Chairman of Hibs.
    Last edited by Nailrod; 07-05-2014 at 02:10 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: StevenHibs
    He was wandering round the FF lounge before the Partick game, getting stick off a table in particular. What caught my attention was his sarcasm. The guy asked him what we going to do when we are in the championship next season. His answer was "not going to happen", well am afraid we are 3 games away from it.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nailrod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dear Rod,

You are the Chairman of a club that has a far bigger fan base than almost any of our rivals. It has far bigger potential income streams. Over a four-year period in the not too distant past you raked in £16 million in transfer fees when none of our rivals took in so much as a tenth of that. You have managed to convert all this gold and good fortune into a team that has given us years of failure and is now, deservedly, the laughing stock of Scottish football. Next year our income will plummet, and with far less money a manager who has put together one of the worst runs in the history of the club will need to find ways to improve a team that would already struggle in the Championship. Even without The Rangers and Hearts. That is the sum total of your achievements over the past seven years.

You have just brought in a new CEO. In terms of running a successful football club, she has excellent credentials. You have none. You are a complete failure. The last thing she needs is someone like you in the background, hanging around her neck like a millstone, dragging her down in the same way you have dragged everything else down over the past seven years. You have nothing to offer her, and you have nothing to offer the long-suffering fans, and you have nothing to offer the club.

So please GTF. As in eff off. As in now. I realise this will cost you your much-coveted role as a Billy Big-Boots in the SFA, and I don't care. Go find some other way of becoming a VIP Suit in Scottish football that doesn't involve you being Chairman of Hibs.
    I can think of two particular posters on here who will be along to aggressively and scornfully defend their beloved leader - or whatever their connection to him is. The problem is that there should have been change years ago. We narrowly avoided relegation two seasons ago and that, plus our bottom six finishes in the last few years, should have set alarm bells ringing. Anything that happens now is too little too late. Shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted. The damage has been done. Looking at the comment above about RP answering some fans with "never going to happen". Misplaced and misjudged pride and arrogance. What a shambles we are in. It's really sad.
    Last edited by The Green Goblin; 07-05-2014 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    I can think of two particular posters on here who will be along to aggressively and scornfully defend their beloved leader - or whatever their connection to him is. The problem is that there should have been change years ago. We narrowly avoided relegation two seasons ago and that, plus our bottom six finishes in the last few years, should have set alarm bells ringing. Anything that happens now is too little too late. Shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted. The damage has been done. Looking at the comment above about RP answering some fans with "never going to happen". Misplaced and misjudged pride and arrogance. What a shambles we are in. It's really sad.
    I agree with you. Petrie should have realised years ago that we were running the risk of falling into a serious downward spiral, and he should have done something about it then. He has shown himself to be utterly clueless.

I don't know if Dempster can really do anything to arrest the slide, but she couldn't possibly make it worse, even if she actually tried.

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Petrie is to blame, but it wont be popular but STF is our owner and he really does not lead out club in any way whatsoever.

We follow instead of lead, and this club has lost its soul under the owner and puppet that runs it for him. STF saved us from Mercer, but we cant keep thanking him while he sits at home watching us suffer now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nailrod View Post
    Dear Rod,

You are the Chairman of a club that has a far bigger fan base than almost any of our rivals. It has far bigger potential income streams. Over a four-year period in the not too distant past you raked in £16 million in transfer fees when none of our rivals took in so much as a tenth of that. You have managed to convert all this gold and good fortune into a team that has given us years of failure and is now, deservedly, the laughing stock of Scottish football. Next year our income will plummet, and with far less money to spend, a manager who has put together one of the worst runs in the history of the club will need to find ways to improve a team that would already struggle in the Championship. Even without The Rangers and Hearts. That is the sum total of your achievements over the past seven years.

Happy for Rod to go just so you might cheer the **** up and turn your energy to getting behind the team instead of all the snidey Petrie remarks and pushing your agenda at every turn...guess you'd have to change your username when he finally leaves?
    Last edited by Iain G; 07-05-2014 at 05:40 AM.

.. and so Petrie's dwindling fan club shows up

.. Tache has been a long term disaster. His record in terms of the demise of the playing side cannot be defended, speaks for itself.

Petrie OUT.. not hiding in the background, OUT

Quote Originally Posted by Sumner View Post
    .. and so Petrie's dwindling fan club shows up

.. Tache has been a long term disaster. His record in terms of the demise of the playing side cannot be defended, speaks for itself.

Petrie OUT.. not hiding in the background, OUT
    Not really a fanclub, in all honesty I don't really care who runs Hibs, even less so from halfway around the globe, I'm just fed up of this same angsty unhelpful stuff being regurgitated on here again and again and again

Happy clap from "half the world away" then.

Clueless Iain.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Happy for Rod to go just so you might cheer the **** up and turn your energy to getting behind the team instead of all the snidey Petrie remarks and pushing your agenda at every turn...guess you'd have to change your username when he finally leaves?
    Why do people have to have an agenda? Perhaps he is right and is there a need not to slag people off from having a strong opinion! If you have a strong opinion for Rod then equally you have a right not to be slagged off!!!

Are you happy with the way Rod has led this club? Could another CFO/Chairman done a better job? Why do you think we are in a position like we are now,,,???

Surely the leader I.e Rod has to shoulder the responsibility or perhaps you don't think he is culpable?

In any other business he would have left gracefully when he knew he had taken the business as far as he could,,,I for one don't think he has done a brilliant job leading our club as this institution has had the life squeezed from it. The lack of success is down to how the club is managed from top to bottom. Guess what the leader is responsible!

"Aggressively and scornfully defend". Great phrase.

That quote from RP in the FF tells you all you need to know about the man. Clueless.

The handover of power to Leeann Dempster next month will effectively mean that Petrie has relinquished control. Maybe we should just call for his head to be displayed on a pike outside the famous Five stand. Or just his tache.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

I wonder if relegation is in this secret 5 year plan?

Happy clap from "half the world away" then.

Clueless Iain.
    Rather happy than unhappy any day of the week!

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Hibs View Post
    Why do people have to have an agenda? Perhaps he is right and is there a need not to slag people off from having a strong opinion! If you have a strong opinion for Rod then equally you have a right not to be slagged off!!!

Are you happy with the way Rod has led this club? Could another CFO/Chairman done a better job? Why do you think we are in a position like we are now,,,???

Surely the leader I.e Rod has to shoulder the responsibility or perhaps you don't think he is culpable?

In any other business he would have left gracefully when he knew he had taken the business as far as he could,,,I for one don't think he has done a brilliant job leading our club as this institution has had the life squeezed from it. The lack of success is down to how the club is managed from top to bottom. Guess what the leader is responsible!
    Well maybe not an agenda but certainly a stuck record

Its all a bit black and white really though isn't it with no room for the reality which probably sits somewhere in the middle. He has been good for Hibs in a number of areas and hopefully Leeann coming in to take the day to day running of the club to another level can be the catalyst to get us far away from the bottom of the table and, if she can better support Butcher next season in the transfer market to build his own team, this will start the healing process at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    The handover of power to Leeann Dempster next month will effectively mean that Petrie has relinquished control. Maybe we should just call for his head to be displayed on a pike outside the famous Five stand. Or just his tache.
    Maybe I missed something but did he say he was relinquishing control I.e. He will just be a shareholder? Or will he still be in the background pulling the strings? If he just remains being a shareholder we have a chance!

Well maybe not an agenda but certainly a stuck record

Its all a bit black and white really though isn't it with no room for the reality which probably sits somewhere in the middle. He has been good for Hibs in a number of areas and hopefully Leeann coming in to take the day to day running of the club to another level can be the catalyst to get us far away from the bottom of the table and, if she can better support Butcher next season in the transfer market to build his own team, this will start the healing process at the club.
    Fair point,,,me too I hope we can breathe new life into the club!

I'm with ANZ next week in Wellington

Rather happy than unhappy any day of the week!
    Ignorance is bliss in your case Iain

Maybe I missed something but did he say he was relinquishing control I.e. He will just be a shareholder? Or will he still be in the background pulling the strings? If he just remains being a shareholder we have a chance!
    Petrie will be behind the scenes clutching the purse strings, treating every penny like its coming out his own piggy bank

What's 'snidey' about my Petrie remarks? Snide implies there's something underhand or deceitful about them. I just call it as I see it.

And I will indeed be able to stop 'pushing my agenda' and start 'getting behind the team' the day Rod removes his baleful presence from the club I've supported for more than fifty years and we can start on our recovery process.

Funnily enough, it had never occurred to me how apt my username is. Nailrod was one of my favourite characters in a series of very funny kids books written by a guy called J.P. Martin. I called myself Nailrod when I signed up to .net in 2006 as I had already been Nailrod on a couple of newspaper forums for a year or two before that. Prophetic, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Sorry but I disagree. I wouldn't have a problem if Rod was going to be working for LD, maybe cleaning the boots or something suited to his talents. Strictly speaking, a CEO doesn't work for a chairman, so strictly speaking LD won't be working for Rod - but a chairman certainly doesn't work for a CEO. As chairman, Rod will still be calling the shots. And if he's not, then what exactly is the purpose of him hanging around?

Ignorance is bliss in your case Iain

Fair point,,,me too I hope we can breathe new life into the club!

I'm with ANZ next week in Wellington
    Hoping we throw on some better weather for your visit and and you get to enjoy our fabulous little city :)

Time to sleep Iain? Sweet dreams, kiss your signed poster of Rod before you nod off.

Time to sleep Iain? Sweet dreams, kiss your signed poster of Rod before you nod off.
    Yeah you seem to be sending me off to the land of Rod

Yeah you seem to be sending me off to the land of Rod
    You're already there Iain puckered up for Rod

You're already there Iain puckered up for Rod
    Moustache wax all ready and latest copy of chartered account monthly on hand!

I've asked this about 5 times and not one of Petrie's supporters has answered.

What good has he brought this club the past 5 years? Has his "business plan been a success?"

Why do folk think HE should still be chairmen?

For the love of god, open your eyes people. This man is killing Hibs and if you all continue to lap up the utter bull***** he spouts out before games because he comes to your table and smiles like a smug ******** then you are just as bad.

This club needs change, this club is on it's knees and this club will continue to be in decline if this clown of a man has any input into Hibernian football club.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    I've asked this about 5 times and not one of Petrie's supporters has answered.

What good has he brought this club the past 5 years? Has his "business plan been a success?"

Why do folk think HE should still be chairmen?

For the love of god, open your eyes people. This man is killing Hibs and if you all continue to lap up the utter bull***** he spouts out before games because he comes to your table and smiles like a smug ******** then you are just as bad.

This club needs change, this club is on it's knees and this club will continue to be in decline if this clown of a man has any input into Hibernian football club.
    He's done **** all, and the guy who owns us has done the same. They have both watched us decline to what we have now and done sweet fanny adams about it.