hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just back.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

Just back.

What can you say, started of well with a high tempo to the game but just couldn't get the first goal, RC came more in to the game once it settled down a bit, the guys upfront for them were a handful in the 2nd half and we couldn't cope with them, defo penalty and they were lucky not to score a couple more as we left gaps in the back with pushing men forward.

A few unhappy fans at FT.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Fair play to all of you who travelled up midweek. It's just a shame the team couldn't give you something to cheer. One last chance to avoid the play off on Saturday.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Just back and pissed of myself. Can't see me going on Saturday.

@hibs.net private member
    Just back. The response from the fans was odd at FT but a lot of anger. A standard hibs performance..powderpuff

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wheniwas5 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Come on, mate. If you can make it to Dingwall, you can make ER. One final push to get the job done. We all need to be there.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Cannot fault them for effort but with no guile, creativity or anyone with a goal in them its difficult to see where or how we can win on Saturday.

Hoping for a miracle time!

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Just back about 10mins ago.

I'm trying to be positive for Saturday and i just can't. :(
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member
    That's the biggest worry. They tried their hardest and are not good enough. Their response at full time spoke volumes they look like a team resigned to their fate. I think that's what sparked the angry response from the fans

Just back as well, I agree about the full time response from the fans. There was a lot of anger but also efforts to lift the players as the way they acted was like we had just been relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by wheniwas5 View Post
    At this moment we don't have a choice mate. It really is do or die on Saturday. I think it will take years and years for us to become a force again if we go down. We simply cannot let it happen.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc1875 View Post
    That's the biggest worry. They tried their hardest and are not good enough. Their response at full time spoke volumes they look like a team resigned to their fate. I think that's what sparked the angry response from the fans
    What did the players to to annoy the fans at the end?

Wasn't there tonight.

@hibs.net private member
    It was a strange atmosphere at full time. Lots of anger then applause.. I got the feeling we were all annoyed about the result and week attempts to score but the response of the players all collapsing to the turf seemed to rile a lot of people and some tried to counter by galvanizing them.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Just back as well. No lack of effort tonight.
    First 20 minutes I thought we were excellent. First to every ball. After that County started to gain a foothold but it was anyone's game. Scott Robertson was our best player tonight, first half in particular. whilst he was penalised for the pen it was McGivern's fault for pathetically tracking back and allowing the cross to come in. I also thought Maybury had his best game for us that I've seen.
    We lost because of our lack of a goal scorer. Plenty half chances, none taken. 16 attempts at goal with no real saves from Brown.
    The fans really stuck with team, even after the goal. Until full time when many of the players collapsed in heaps like you see from a losing cup final team. This didn't go down well with many fans.

Very worried now. Can't see us beating Killie.
    Last edited by Frazerbob; 07-05-2014 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    At this moment we don't have a choice mate. It really is do or die on Saturday. I think it will take years and years for us to become a force again if we go down. We simply cannot let it happen.
    That's the real worry. I don't think we'd have a hope in hell of coming back up next year.

We'd be up against Rangers, and a Hearts team that have already made fools of us this season. Our income would plummet. Somehow, with far less money, a manager who has put together one of the worst runs of results in the club's history would have to improve a team that would already struggle against most Championship sides.

When I started watching football, Dunfermline and Dundee were both a force in Scottish football. They both had a European profile. Now one of them is struggling to escape from the second tier of the worst Scottish League in history, and the other is struggling to get out of the third tier. I shudder to think of it, but that could be us.

Quote Originally Posted by AberGreen View Post
    First 20 minutes I thought we were excellent. First to every ball. After that County started to gain a foothold but it was anyone's game. Scott Robertson was our best player tonight IMO and whilst he was penalised for the pen it was McGivern's fault for pathetically tracking back and allowing the cross to come in. I also thought Maybury had his best game for us that I've seen.
    We lost because of our lack of a goal scorer. Plenty half chances, none taken. 16 attempts at goal with no real saves from Brown.
    The fans really stuck with team, even after the goal. Until full time when many of the players collapsed in heaps like you see from a loosing cup final team. This didn't go down well with many fans.

It was a strange one from them, to me it was something like we gave our all but it still wasn't good enough and it looked like the players had surrendered and knew what the outcome of the season was going to be like, play-offs, and possibility of relegation, its staring us in the face, car crash waiting to happen and we all no the outcome.

How did it get like this.

@hibs.net private member
    After weeks of missed chances, defensive errors, lack of luck and bad refereeing decisions you can't help but get the feeling it's meant to be

The only positives i can think of right now, is how good were the haggis pies tonight and the pleasant drive home.

If the players can slump to the pitch at full time when we still have all to play for on Saturday, what will be there reaction IF the worse does happen? This is what angered quite a lot of fans.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    The only positives i can think of right now, is how good were the haggis pies tonight and the pleasant drive home.

Just back and the long bus journey hasn't subsided my anger. The players slumping to the ground after the game was a joke and quite rightly there was anger from the fans

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Just in the door now. Been awake 22hrs after doing a day shift then up to the match. Hibs were second best again. Second to every ball. High balls to Cummings and handling baffled me. Especially against 2 six footers of centre halfs marking them. Created more openings when watmore and Collins came on.

My my reaction at ft was anger along with many others. I and everyone else did their bit by getting to the game by hook or by crook but the players once again let us down.

Seen petrie before the game swanning about with his other suit pals like a smug *******. Get him out.

Just in the door.. I've got to admit I'm so glad I'm not one of the players right now cause I can think of nothing worse than waking up and going to Easter road.. Tired and drained after one game speaks volumes!

IMHO I thought mcgivern was solid apart from one lapse where we lost the goal, second game one the trot where we didn't look like conceding apart from when we go to sleep..

Cheers Hibs and Lee (from 4 in hand) for the free bus and arranging..

Hopefully wake up more optimistic about the wknd than I feel right now

Just back. What a terrible performance.

Couldn't understand the attitude of the players at the end, like they were down. We still have 3 games until that. Gives me zero confidence in them getting any kind of results.

Down we go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    First 20 minutes I thought we were excellent. First to every ball. After that County started to gain a foothold but it was anyone's game. Scott Robertson was our best player tonight, first half in particular. whilst he was penalised for the pen it was McGivern's fault for pathetically tracking back and allowing the cross to come in. I also thought Maybury had his best game for us that I've seen.
    The fans really stuck with team, even after the goal. Until full time when many of the players collapsed in heaps like you see from a losing cup final team. This didn't go down well with many fans.

Watched the game on Alba after dodging all football coverage for a few hours - massive plaudits to you and all the others who made the journey - the team were not wanting for support. Your summary was pretty much exactly as I saw it - particularly "We lost because of our lack of a goal scorer" - whether through lack of finesse, composure, luck or all three we just could not trouble Brown in the Ross Cty goal sufficiently - despite plenty of passion and some good play. I didn't think it would come to this but Saturday is now massive beyond belief

@hibs.net private member
    It's quite sad really that for the last four or five weeks we have needed just the one win, yet we find ourselves in this position. We all knew we were on this road and likely to hit 11th. We still have three games before we would be down yet you can't help feel after seeing them today the players have chucked it

Quote Originally Posted by dmc1875 View Post
    It's quite sad really that for the last four or five weeks we have needed just the one win, yet we find ourselves in this position. We all knew we were on this road and likely to hit 11th. We still have three games before we would be down yet you can't help feel after seeing them today the players have chucked it

If we end up in the playoffs we could get Hamilton, Falkirk or QOS. Away legs first. Could lose it 3,4,5 nil and that's the tie over.........

He allows defenders to maraud into our box every week, just put a challenge in FFS ya big fairy......
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    What can you say, started of well with a high tempo to the game but just couldn't get the first goal, RC came more in to the game once it settled down a bit, the guys upfront for them were a handful in the 2nd half and we couldn't cope with them, defo penalty and they were lucky not to score a couple more as we left gaps in the back with pushing men forward.

A few unhappy fans at FT.
    We were denied a blatant penalty of or own too when he boy about had Craig's shirt for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Slenj.=] View Post
    We were denied a blatant penalty of or own too when he boy about had Craig's shirt for dinner.
    Yeah you may be right there, still to see it again but i still think Craig made good enough contact with the ball to score even if he was being tugged back.

Falkirk lost 2-1 in the first leg of the playoff tonight. Really don't fancy QOS away. Horrible journey and very tricky venue to go to and win. Hamilton will have something to say about it though.