hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! AL-Qaholik's Avatar

Butcher's Bulls**t!

Just read his post match interview on the Beeb site - the man is a f***ing moron!!
    Happy with how we played? Didn't deserve to lose? Nothing negative about it?
    I am so f***king sick of this clown and his thug of an assistant!
    Not one single clue between the pair of them!
    They need to be emptied regardless of whether we stay up or not!
    In fact, emptying them before the Killie game is the only thing chance we have!
    Never been more disgusted with all things Hibernian than I have over the last 3 months!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by AL-Qaholik View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just read his post match interview on the Beeb site - the man is a f***ing moron!!
    Never been more disgusted with all things Hibernian than I have over the last 3 months!
    I dont think we did deserve to lose

But, alas, we did - AGAIN

No excuses acceptable for Saturday

@hibs.net private member
    We didn't deserve to lose and Ross county are woeful. But we did. Teams know two things

A) hibs won't score against you if you defend properly

B) hibs will make an error and give you a chance to score

You need to understand Butcher clearly won't have been happy with how we played tonight but he needs to try and keep things positive because of how fragile the dressing room is. The players fought and battled for everything tonight but you can still see they are scared to make the slightest mistake.

Left by mutual consent!
    I see Butcher just waved to the fans as he went down the tunnel at FT...

@hibs.net private member
    Butcher never came over. Players applauded once they had managed to pick themselves up from the turf

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    You need to understand Butcher clearly won't have been happy with how we played tonight but he needs to try and keep things positive because of how fragile the dressing room is. The players fought and battled for everything tonight but you can still see they are scared to make the slightest mistake.
    This guy knows whats happening.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    This guy knows whats happening.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    If.
    Rudyard Kipling.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    Aye, they are fragile. HE made them that way by telling half of them that they were getting emptied!!!

@hibs.net private member hibbymick's Avatar
    His loan signings have been poor as well. The best of the three ( watmore) IMO doesn't seem any better at going past a player than zoubir.

Listening to Butcher is like listening to John Hughes post match, irrespective of how poorly the team plays he talks it up. He is kidding no-one, we have got a team of serial under-performers who lack any structure / shape and passion. Expected more of Butcher / Malpas, granted it is not "their team" in terms of the fact they inherited the players but it was not unreasonable to expect them to get the team playing in a more disciplined and committed manner. Interesting how Tudor-Jones, a player Butcher seemed to get a lot out of at ICT can't even make the team and how one of his "window" signings Boetang again can't get in what is already a poor side.

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    If.
    Rudyard Kipling.
    .. is Rudyard playing up front vs Killie?

"His man-management has been woeful. I can't believe he pissed off all the players by being negative about their prospects of staying after the summer."

"I'm fed up of his pish. Why is he being positive in the media?"

Hmmm.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    "His man-management has been woeful. I can't believe he pissed off all the players by being negative about their prospects of staying after the summer."

"I'm fed up of his pish. Why is he being positive in the media?"

Hmmm.
    He's the media darling, but his football management skills are up there with the duff Jimmy's and Colin Calderclowns.

And as for his Mr motivator skills.

First Team Breakthrough
    I'M trying to be cool , calm , but ---- it's hard 6o years I've watched this team and deary me , this is among the worst , but I ask myself , ? Why did Butcher and co come to Hibs ? if as they are made out to be CLEVER , then they could see that we lacked class, they must have worked on systems to beat us , i'm just a supporter , but I can see a lot of our shortcomings, I honestly despair for the future,
    Sorry Terry but cant see the point telling guys "you aint god enough " then bringing in loans who cant get in the team?? .
    Maybe it's just me being old and stupid ,? but I'm lost.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AL-Qaholik View Post
    The only chance we've got is if he goes now.

It baffles me why some think with 1 win in 17 games think this man will get us a result in our last game. His management record is woeful, and has finished bottom in his first season with every top flight club. Hearts points deduction has saved him a hatrick.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc1875 View Post
    We didn't deserve to lose and Ross county are woeful. But we did. Teams know two things

A) hibs won't score against you if you defend properly

B) hibs will make an error and give you a chance to score
    If a and b are true and the opposition know it then we deserve to lose.

First Team Regular
    Butcher the motivator, Malpass the tactiction and Marsella the gem picker, all have failed to do their job. Hopefully there will be something in their contracts about dismissal without compensation for gross negligence. I have some sympathy for Nelson,McGivern,Craig,Collins who have been asked to play in a league well above their level of capability. LD will be in a state of shock when she discovers DR Petrie has been prescribing Hibs FC the wrong medication for the past 6/7 years. Jim Duffy would be a godsend compared to what we have now.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by killie-hibby View Post
    Butcher the motivator, Malpass the tactiction and Marsella the gem picker, all have failed to do their job. Hopefully there will be something in their contracts about dismissal without compensation for gross negligence. I have some sympathy for Nelson,McGivern,Craig,Collins who have been asked to play in a league well above their level of capability. LD will be in a state of shock when she discovers DR Petrie has been prescribing Hibs FC the wrong medication for the past 6/7 years. Jim Duffy would be a godsend compared to what we have now.
    100% IN AGREEMENT (Maybe no about Mr Duffy ??)

I have to admit that i was one of the many who thought TB was the man for the job but i have to hold my hand up and say i got it so so wrong, never in my wildest dreams did i ever think we would sink to the level we are at right now. He and his sidekick "compo" should go now while we still have a chance of avoiding the drop.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Disagree about Collins and Craig. Both are suited to different types of football and for that I feel sorry for them. We are not playing to either ones strengths.

We need wide men if Collins is going to be a like striker, something we don't really have. We have Harris but he gets nobody playing it out to him on the wings and still doesn't look 100%.

Left by mutual consent!
    I would have sacked him before the bottom six fixtures started but it is too late to do so now. All we can hope is that Killie loose tonight and we can scrape a draw on sat. His recent record is a sacking offence in those bottom six fixtures. 3 defeats, one draw with only 2 goals scored. If we survive we dont pay off his contract as this must be a case for gross incompetance if there ever was one.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    Aye, they are fragile. HE made them that way by telling half of them that they were getting emptied!!!
    Was it half of them or only just 4. It happens at loads of clubs and players either find another club in the window or stay and fight for their place.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyCal View Post
    Disagree about Collins and Craig. Both are suited to different types of football and for that I feel sorry for them. We are not playing to either ones strengths.

We need wide men if Collins is going to be a like striker, something we don't really have. We have Harris but he gets nobody playing it out to him on the wings and still doesn't look 100%.
    I think we now need to surely accept that Collins is not good enough. You can talk about style, and service all you like,

But when was the last time Collins created a chance for himself, out of nothing? I'm struggling to think of a single one. This season.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Was it half of them or only just 4. It happens at loads of clubs and players either find another club in the window or stay and fight for their place.
    Totally agree. It pisses me off how all these people who go on about how crap some of these players are, are now critisizing the manager for having said the same thing as they've been saying for months. Talk about hypocrisy. And if these players are getting moved on they're hardly putting themselves in the shop window with those performances.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    I was just saying to my son this morning that both the relegated Hibs sides would wipe the floor with this lot.

First Team Breakthrough Hibtastic's Avatar
    Ive noticed a change with Butcher recently - before, he used to come out and slate the team after a bad performance, now he talks them up. I think he is right, he needs to try and inject some sort of positivity into the team no matter how.

It is also clear that he had **** all money to spend in January after our spending last summer. I still cant believe that we paid money for James Collins.

First and foremost we need to secure our position in the league but I think whatever happens that there will be massive changes throughout the club in the summer.

First Team Breakthrough borstalboy's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BigJ_86
    I seriously can't believe that any manager, let alone Butcher, would tell half the team in January (or whenever it was) that they're not getting kept on! I imagine it probably went along the lines of "you've got to prove you warrant a new contract, everyones place in the team is up for grabs and you all start with a clean slate".......that's not rocket science!

[QUOTE=killie-hibby;3998276] /Hopefully there will be something in their contracts about dismissal without compensation for gross negligence./QUOTE]

We are really clutching at straws here with comments like that. There is no such thing as gross negiligence and summary dismissal i.e. without notice pay is for gross misconduct. That's for folks like us though. Football managers' contracts are more complicated which is why we have paid off previous idiots for the term of their contract or at least some of it.

I was reasonably happy when Butcher got the job. No longer. I was there last night. The players are scared and it's his job to motivate them and all he does is huff and puff and shout on the touchline. The tactics were woeful if indeed they were there at all. I don't buy the 'when he gets his own players in it will be different' line.

If we do go down he will spout the usual 'work hard', 'up for the challenge' rubbish. The man has delusions of adequacy.