16 7.58%
  • Go if he takes us down

62 29.38%
  • Keep him no matter what

91 43.13%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If Butcher takes us into the playoffs does he keep his job?

If we don't win on Sat he will not have won in 17 games, the longest run I can remember as a Hibs fan.

Do we honestly think this guy is going to get a result in the play off games?

2. Log in to remove the advert

I really don't know what the answer is any more.

I'm just totally stunned by what's happening to the club.

I know Leeann Dempster is arriving next month as CEO but if Butcher goes over the next few months, Petrie and the rest of the existing board needs to go.

@hibs.net private member SneakersO'Toole's Avatar
    Regardless of the outcome on Saturday, he has to go come the end of the season.

One club wonder who has been found out bigtime. I dont think I can remember a worse run of form in my lifetime. Wholly unacceptable

Butcher took Caley Thistle down after taking over in his first season, plenty of Hibs fans acknowledged this last year, he took one (huge) step back to make 3/4 steps forward.

I'm not a fan of Terry, never have been but the same fans I spIke to last year who used this as a marker for how sticking with him and buying into his long term stratagy can't then use the possibility of Relegation as the stick to beat him with.

Maybe Leeann Demspter should bring Stuart McCall with her.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutmegged View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Butcher took Caley Thistle down after taking over in his first season, plenty of Hibs fans acknowledged this last year, he took one (huge) step back to make 3/4 steps forward.

I'm not a fan of Terry, never have been but the same fans I spIke to last year who used this as a marker for how sticking with him and buying into his long term stratagy can't then use the possibility of Relegation as the stick to beat him with.

He also finished bottom in his first season at Motherwell. Looks like Hearts points deduction has saved him from an impressive hatrick

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post

I know Leeann Dempster is arriving next month as CEO but if Butcher goes over the next few months, Petrie and the rest of the existing board needs to go.
    I am gutted but not stunned ,as writing has been on the wall for a long time now and free fall seems to be a hibs speciality which I am pissed off with . Petrie must have seen this coming hence appointing Leanne Wonder if she is having second thoughts ? Petries changes must be predicated on us staying up so going into playoffs could put other changes on hold .
    Really is a difficult time for club just now and think crowd v Killie will reflect apathy that is around just now .

If we go down he has to go imo.

If we win the play off he should get the start of next season.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Get him tae **** now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! SouthamptonHibs's Avatar
    No if he takes us to the play offs he should walk. We must have a relegation / play off clause in contract

When Butcher came Hibs were contenders for a top six slot. Thanks to him there is now a very strong chance of relegation. No manager should keep his job in those circumstances and I doubt very much if he would be the man to get Hibs promoted again quickly given his achievements so far.

We did not expect miracles when he came and most supporters would have been more than happy to finish 6th. It is now patently obvious that his tactics have not suited the players at his disposal but rather than admit to that he has persisted with the same tactics all the same.

Hibs I would doubt are in any position to sack him and have to pay him off. All we have to look forward to is an extended stay in the lower leagues.

We have certainly felt the loss of Hanlon much more than some would care to admit but any team which cannot score goals for toffee are already halfway to being doomed.

As the old joke goes, we should just change our name to Hibsnil.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenblood70 View Post
    Get him tae **** now.

the only chance we have of beating Killie is to punt Butcher, Mental Malpas and whatever the supposed "super scout" is called first thing tomorrow and put KT in charge.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ehf View Post
    the only chance we have of beating Killie is to punt Butcher, Mental Malpas and whatever the supposed "super scout" is called first thing tomorrow and put KT in charge.
    The most ludicrous post on .net ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    The most ludicrous post on .net ever?
    I think your fan hating Fenlon rants trump it personally

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenblood70 View Post
    I think your fan hating Fenlon rants trump it personally

I'll await your apology when I'm proven right (again).

If we`re relegated I presume he`ll resign and if he doesn`t surely even the press will start to question him ? In any other club , big decisonmaker(s) would then decide to support him or make a change ( usually latter ) at perfect time before season starts but Petrie seems to have decided to have avoided difficult decisión by appointing successor and I fear we`ll stagger on like now whatever happens . We`re in a bad situation but have advantage that summer is great time to make changes whatever happens in next few weeks .

I'll be honest I haven't been convinced by Butcher since day 1. I haven't been shouting my mouth off calling for him to leave but if we get relegated I think he has to go.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    If we don't win on Sat he will not have won in 17 games, the longest run I can remember as a Hibs fan.

Do we honestly think this guy is going to get a result in the play off games?
    Sorry but have to reply with eff off with such a stoopid question. In the pre social media days, afore all the internet geniuses wi solutions that solve nothing, in the good old days, a manager as clueless & cack as this would have been shouted out in the only way how then, on a saturday, cos his record is shocking & the fact he CANNOT change it in so many games is worse, but, after 2nd/3rd plus cack appointments of cack managers in a guffy easy league missing main competitors, the chairman would DEFO be getting it. No questions. Why dont they? This is a shocking, terrible run by a team with much more than most around. Who is responsible? & why are they allowed to still be there? This current underachievement should not be overlooked. It makes them untenable imo. Who could have done a WORSE job in Scotland with Hibs & Hibs resources against what they've faced this season?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    If we go down he has to go imo.

If we win the play off he should get the start of next season.
    He'll be sacked if we go down - I'm sure of it.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Every big club he's been at has been a disaster and his reign over in a matter of months. Guys clueless.

The lot should walk. Been a disaster from the start. Also the board should now leave with Petrie leading. No more side stepping just get the **** away from our club.

I honestly think he's going out of his way to get sacked. He's not up to the job and want out IMO

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    The lot should walk. Been a disaster from the start. Also the board should now leave with Petrie leading. No more side stepping just get the **** away from our club.
    Petrie showed his colours last week - sees the writings on the wall, employs Dempster, wriggles away yet still is the puppet master.

For me Nid's interview on Beeb was enlightening - reluctant to commit to Sons - says to me that something is on the back burner TC.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I'll await your apology when I'm proven right (again).
    Ha ha, you've got some blinkers for old paddy boy I'll give you that! You've already been proved wrong (again) tho as he walked cos he knew he didn't have the ability to put the club where it should be. You can argue the reasons for that but he certainly brought in a shed load of players and really only Griffiths made any lasting contribution papering over the cracks of a very poor side (IMO).

It's my opinion Butchers current record at ER is a hanging offence, let alone a sacking one! I didn't think it was possible for the current crop to play any worse but somehow the chuckle bros have plumbed hitherto unforeseen levels of sheeeityness. It really is no mean feat.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post

I wonder if she has a cooling-off clause in her contract. As negotiations were on-going for quite some time, she surely had no idea that she was about to take the reins at the laughing stock of Scottish Football.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    He'll be sacked if we go down - I'm sure of it.
    That makes me feel so much better. How could it be thought of, in this season of all seasons, that Hibs COULD go down? Nae huns & inbreds -15? What does petrie plan for us when these halfwits fi the wrong side o Edinburgh & the swamps of govan are actually back in the top league?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutmegged View Post

"McCall has no intention of taking the Hibs job because our fans moan like hell at our own players". Or something along they lines Is what someone posted a week or so ago.

Was always against TB appointment and hate to have been proved right but right now we have to stick together and try to stay up whether on Saturday or in play off . Decisión to change manager in November was a huge , expensive mistake especially as other candidates don`t seem to have been interviewed . Petrie seems to have got out before he has to make another decisión and I`m not sure new appointment has enough money , knowledge of Hibernian or guts to make a drastic change in summer .

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    "McCall has no intention of taking the Hibs job because our fans moan like hell at our own players". Or something along they lines Is what someone posted a week or so ago.
    Wouldn't stress, it wouldn't be McCall.

@hibs.net private member
    Majority of us wanted Butcher and were delighted we got him. Sadly it's not worked out. I would imagine he will be away in summer especially if we go down.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SneakersO'Toole View Post
    Regardless of the outcome on Saturday, he has to go come the end of the season.

One club wonder who has been found out bigtime. I dont think I can remember a worse run of form in my lifetime. Wholly unacceptable
    If we go down, I hope he walks.

If we stay up, he gets a chance to put it right. I was never wholly convinced by Pat but gave him the same support and I think Butcher deserves that. There has been an underlying malaise at Hibs for a while and I don't underestimate how hard the manager's job is.