hibs.net Messageboard

Left by mutual consent!

Taylor-Sinclair and Higginbotham

Particks Left back and Left mid yesterday. Would anyone take them?
    Last edited by BOB MARLEYS DUG; 04-05-2014 at 01:50 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Particks Left back and Left mid. Would anyone take them?
    Absolutely, Taylor-Sinclair is destined for better I imagine however.

@hibs.net private member
    Higgenbotham for me looks a class act. Pacey winger with lots of trickery. He's out of contract at the end of the season isn't he?

Was he the lad that scored that bicycle kick for Motherwell against us last season?

Butcher was singing his praises after the game...

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc1875 View Post
    Higgenbotham for me looks a class act. Pacey winger with lots of trickery. He's out of contract at the end of the season isn't he?

Was he the lad that scored that bicycle kick for Motherwell against us last season?

Yep. That's your guy! He done a great peice of skill yesterday and made Maybury look like a fool

Taylor Sinclair and Andrew Shinnie would be some fullback pairing!

I was watching Higgenbotham's cross for their goal last week. He hit it with the outside of his foot and it was a brilliant ball to the striker who just had to nod it in. I've seen him in other games too, IMO he would be a great signing for Hibs if we could get him.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc1875 View Post

Still got another year on his contract so would need to pay for him. Can't see it unless they go down.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    I was watching Higgenbotham's cross for their goal last week. He hit it with the outside of his foot and it was a brilliant ball to the striker who just had to nod it in. I've seen him in other games too, IMO he would be a great signing for Hibs if we could get him.
    Wouldn't surprise me if he is on our list or targets. Always impresses.

@hibs.net private member
    Nope he's right, two year contract according to BBC..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23621795

No, we really have to start aiming much higher than players who are involved in relegation dog fights. TBF to Thistle most of them looked like they could do a job for Hibs, but that is a measure of how poor we are. Of the SPFL give me players who doing well at Aberdeen, DUFC and Motherwell or in the Celtc squad but not making the team, that's who I want at ER. Money may be an issue for us, so if TB can get players who would at least walk into those teams that will do me.

We desperately need quality. No disrespect to any Thistle players but KT was head shoulders above any player on the park yesterday and he's not fully fit and in the autumn of his injury strewn career. I want players who are better than KT. No more journey men give me a few very good players and some good youth players.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Anyone that wouldn't take them obviously hasn't watched them play very often as the two of them are class. I actually wanted us to go for Higginbotham last summer. Couldn't understand why Motherwell weren't keeping a hold of him. He took the absolute piss out of them a few weeks ago at Fir park as if to prove that point.

As for not going for them as they are involved in a relegation scrap? Griffiths was involved in a relegation scrap with us but I'm sure we'd take him back. Would take Boyd as well. It's not the fault of the two players mentioned that they're in a scrap. In fact, without them they wouldn't be. They would probably already be confirmed as 11th

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vini1875 View Post
    No, we really have to start aiming much higher than players who are involved in relegation dog fights. TBF to Thistle most of them looked like they could do a job for Hibs, but that is a measure of how poor we are. Of the SPFL give me players who doing well at Aberdeen, DUFC and Motherwell or in the Celtc squad but not making the team, that's who I want at ER. Money may be an issue for us, so if TB can get players who would at least walk into those teams that will do me.

We desperately need quality. No disrespect to any Thistle players but KT was head shoulders above any player on the park yesterday and he's not fully fit and in the autumn of his injury strewn career. I want players who are better than KT. No more journey men give me a few very good players and some good youth players.
    Higginbotham isn't a journeyman though? Neither is Sinclair. Both would get a game for most SPL teams, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    Anyone that wouldn't take them obviously hasn't watched them play very often as the two of them are class. I actually wanted us to go for Higginbotham last summer. Couldn't understand why Motherwell weren't keeping a hold of him. He took the absolute piss out of them a few weeks ago at Fir park as if to prove that point.

As for not going for them as they are involved in a relegation scrap? Griffiths was involved in a relegation scrap with us but I'm sure we'd take him back. Would take Boyd as well. It's not the fault of the two players mentioned that they're in a scrap. In fact, without them they wouldn't be. They would probably already be confirmed as 11th
    Agree totally

I was sure Taylor Sinc signed a pre contract with Celtic earlier in the season? Would take Higginbotham in a sec and i know Terry likes him.

First Team Breakthrough Paperboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    I was sure Taylor Sinc signed a pre contract with Celtic earlier in the season? Would take Higginbotham in a sec and i know Terry likes him.
    I'm sure Taylor Sinclair did sign for Celtic. He's come a long way from Montrose!

Testimonial Due
    I'd rather see Callum Booth at left back next season, and use the budget elsewhere. Higgingbotham is a star if you only watch highlights packages but according to the Thistle fan I work with he's not particularly consistent and makes his fair share of basic errors, the miscontrols etc that if a Hibs player does at Easter Road they're immediately on some fans boo list.

Also, he admitted his amazing outside of the boot cross was only attempted because he didn't want to use his weaker foot, Ronaldo he ain't.

And Real Madrid Hibs ain't!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperboy View Post
    I'm sure Taylor Sinclair did sign for Celtic. He's come a long way from Montrose!
    111 miles

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr...t=h&mra=ls&z=9

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Higginbotham looked decent yesterday to be honest. I would take him at Hibs. You have to mix it up, get players from all levels. If terry is interested that is good news. He has said we have good players lined up so I am happy about it

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Dont think he is particularly pacey is he?

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    Thought the most remarkable thing about Higginbotham yesterday was the length of his shorts.

Still, if he can improve the team then I'm all for it.

Taylor-Sinclair has indeed been linked with Celtic but I don't know if a pre-contract has been signed. Celtic are after 'cover' for Izaguirre - not sure T-S would want to be playing second fiddle when he could get a start elsewhere...

Would take Higginbottom at Hibs as a replacement for the soon to be out of contract Cairney as well as keeping Watmore on loan for next season.

First Team Breakthrough
    I'd take Higginbottom, god forbid we sign a fearless winger who can make mistakes trying to take a man on. Let's stick with Harris bring a wee bit timid and cutting inside every time he gets it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theyve both been quality for partick this season

whats the bets they'd come to hibs and instantly become gash

First Team Breakthrough

Didn't even realise he played till you posted, looked very average and Harris got the better of him plenty times.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Vini1875 View Post

Pretty sure Mcarthur and McCarthy were in a few relegation battles with Hamilton. Definitely wouldn't want them in my team ;-)