hibs.net Messageboard

The Watmore FOUL

After we scored Watmore went on a run right beside the dugouts. He was clearly fouled. The referee seemed to wave play on. Hibs bench went mental and it looked like he filled his pants and gave us a free kick. Any info from people in the west? Looked like Butcher was going to crack him at first

2. Log in to remove the advert

Lino gave the free and the ref u-turned.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TQM View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Happened right in front of me.

The ref literally held his hands up to apologise and reverse the decision

Fair play to him really

Too many referees make simple errors during the game but are too stubborn and pig headed to admit it.

He didn't have the best game but at least that went the right way eventually

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    Happened right in front of me.

The ref literally held his hands up to apologise and reverse the decision

Fair play to him really

Too many referees make simple errors during the game but are too stubborn and pig headed to admit it.

He didn't have the best game but at least that went the right way eventually
    The refs are highly trained to respond to certain triggers from the bench or the crowd of old firm teams. Butcher must have figured it out but the refs will be sent on further training to filter Hibs bench noise out next season.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnie1875 View Post
    After we scored Watmore went on a run right beside the dugouts. He was clearly fouled. The referee seemed to wave play on. Hibs bench went mental and it looked like he filled his pants and gave us a free kick. Any info from people in the west? Looked like Butcher was going to crack him at first
    I actually loved seeing the whole of the Hibs section leap up as one. Great to see the decision turned around too.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HH_MYB View Post
    I actually loved seeing the whole of the Hibs section leap up as one. Great to see the decision turned around too.
    We need that seige mentality at this point.

Next season I want that to grow into something else - for us to turn into a team to be feared - maybe disliked - winning at home with pace up the wings, crosses putting the jitters into opposition defences, picking up stuffy difficult points away from home, giving nothing away, tracking back, taking one for the team (as Nelson did yesterday), getting in peoples faces, players doing their playing on the pitch, no George St antics, no 'rumours'.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnie1875 View Post
    It was a strange one. I thought maybe the 4th official had a wee word. Certainly the ref wasn't going to give it, and neither of the linesmen flagged.

@hibs.net private member tanfield's Avatar
    referee appeared to indicate that he didn't hear the signal from his linesman

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TQM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbytam View Post
    It was a strange one. I thought maybe the 4th official had a wee word. Certainly the ref wasn't going to give it, and neither of the linesmen flagged.
    Quote Originally Posted by tanfield View Post

So we're all clear on this one. Right?

Left by mutual consent!
    Butcher jumped in the air and went mental. I thought it was hilarious tbh

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post

Next season I want that to grow into something else - for us to turn into a team to be feared - maybe disliked - winning at home with pace up the wings, crosses putting the jitters into opposition defences, picking up stuffy difficult points away from home, giving nothing away, tracking back, taking one for the team (as Nelson did yesterday), getting in peoples faces, players doing their playing on the pitch, no George St antics, no 'rumours'.
    We are in a relegation dogfight, and we have to do what's necessary to survive. Sure as hell other clubs will do so. If that means turning nasty, then so be it. Hibs have been too soft for years, and as a club need to get rid of that mentality now.

@hibs.net private member
    Much as I hate modern footballers behaviour we have to fall over when we are fouled. Every team in the league does it and gets cheap free kicks. Cummings gets a nudge in the back nearly every time he gets the ball. He needs to get the ref thinking about it more by taking a tumble.imo there is a strong coralation between our sportsmanship and the way we think refs give us a hard time. Every team in the league wastes time and dives for the slightest touch. We are at the "if you can't beat them join them stage"
    Last edited by wookie70; 04-05-2014 at 10:31 AM.

I've never seen a hibs bench go that mental at a decision (and we've been on the wrong end of plenty howlers). Have to admit, I was really pleased to see it and I'm not entirely sure why.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Yet another appalling refereeing performance at ER.
    He hardly gave us anything and made sure he was centre of attention which is always the sign of a poor ref.
    The Watmore incident sums up his performance. He shouldn't have needed the linesman\4th offical\Hibs bench\the crowd to point out the blatant foul. He was only several yards away,ffs.
    Fair dos for admitting his faux pas though. Still a numpty
    I'd like to see us being treated fairly by officials once in a while just to see how it feels.
    Last edited by snooky; 04-05-2014 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    I disagree, I think we need it in almost all games.

Quote Originally Posted by tanfield View Post
    Ref was no more 10 yards from the incident with perfect view to give the decision - which he did. No foul. Then the whole of the West and the bench went wild. Ref changed his mind, gave the FK and a "sorry" signal with both hands. Thistle player should have been booked as it was a clear prof foul to prevent a breakaway, but ref missed that too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Much as I hate modern footballers behaviour we have to fall over when we are fouled. Every team in the league does it and gets cheap free kicks. Cummings gets a nudge in the back nearly every time he gets the ball. He needs to get the ref thinking about it more by taking a tumble.imo there is a strong coralation between our sportsmanship and the way we think refs give us a hard time. Every team in the league wastes time and dives for the slightest touch. We are at the "if you can't beat them join them stage"
    I agree we need to be more street wise in everything we do yet ironically Collins has been denied at least 2 pens this season, the Celtc one was ridiculous, because he supposedly goes to ground too easily!

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    On a slightly related note, Higginbotham was embarrassing yesterday. Red mist for some reason and spent much of the first half barging Maybury over to no reaction from the ref. Top marks to Ted for keeping him quiet!
    They've only gone and done it! They've only gone and won the Scottish Cup! What kept you, Hibs?!

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayern Bru View Post
    On a slightly related note, Higginbotham was embarrassing yesterday. Red mist for some reason and spent much of the first half barging Maybury over to no reaction from the ref. Top marks to Ted for keeping him quiet!
    Absolutely. Spent the first half acting like a prick they had plucked out the Jack Kane

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    Aye but what did Malpas do ;) joking aside well done to the ref for making the decision and then changing his mind
    Last edited by Nevi_SOL; 04-05-2014 at 04:47 PM.

His celebration in front of the FF for the Partick goal went down like a lead balloon, Ted was all over him after that

Thought that as well. Seemed desperate to act like a fud.

From celebrating in front of the FF ( Not even his goal) to constant shoving, snide we elbow digs at Maybury and constantly pointing things out to the ref.

Red mist indeed, for some reason.

I was sat directly above it in the Front Row of the West upper, as much as I wanted the ref to give it, I'm not totally convinced it was a foul, will be interesting to see on the TV but I'm not so sure there was contact.