hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Malpas again?

Malpas again?

Seen a lot of supporters going bananas at Malpas about 10 minutes before our goal? What did he do this time?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seen a lot of supporters going bananas at Malpas about 10 minutes before our goal? What did he do this time?
    He jumped into the crowd when we scored!

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    He jumped into the crowd when we scored!
    That's superb!

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    I don't know what was said to spark it but he called one of the crowd towards him and told him not to swear at him. It was getting a bit heated. I thought his reaction when we scored was brilliant, embraced the same fan. I can't fault him for passion.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    I don't know what was said to spark it but he called one of the crowd towards him and told him not to swear at him. It was getting a bit heated. I thought his reaction when we scored was brilliant, embraced the same fan. I can't fault him for passion.
    Class

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    I was in the East but it looked like the fan wanted a go at him after our goal?

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    How about we just take what Jeffers says as gospel and leave it at that.

We can do without another saturday night .net implosion

Quote Originally Posted by lewis_1875 View Post
    Yeah he did not sure what that was about. When we scored he turned towards the guys who had been shouting and did the LG gesture, but I took the intention to be well meant, but not sure if the guy who you are referring to took it differently.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Id tend to believe the people that were nearer, as a rule. They would have a better view.

Good eyesight anyway!

Was all handbags. Shouted boy down words were exchanged and they all had a wee pop pretty much.

Goal goes in MM runs to the same fans in a "get that up yi" but same fan cuddled him and that was it. If Hibs had lost I think this would have been made a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    Id tend to believe the people that were nearer, as a rule. They would have a better view.
    That's why I asked Jeffers what happened and he answered! I said looked like, what's the problem?

I sit just 10 rows back 30 seats from the dug outs

Malpas again reacting to a fan shouting and swearing at him malpas turned and said "don't swear at me" in a aggressive manner the same as the fan was using people around shout at Malpas to get on with the game and concentrate on his job. He then gestured to the fan to come down to the dug out a wee exchange took place. IMO Malpas should not be getting involved in this but the fan as we have discussed in other threads should not be shouting personal abuse.

The goal we all went bananas TBF Malaps though gave the fans the GIRFUY sign the fan and Malpas hugged and laughed a bit ,some other guys where not happy and challenge Malpas to a fight WHY I DONT KNOW !!!!!

But i do feel that the management team should not react in this manner getting beat or not.

but this is what happened

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    Good eyesight anyway!
    You must have poor eyesight then if you think being able to see from one side to the other is good

some fans objected to being called fannys instead of c****

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by happiehibbie View Post

Malpas again reacting to a fan shouting and swearing at him malpas turned and said "don't swear at me" in a aggressive manner the same as the fan was using people around shout at Malpas to get on with the game and concentrate on his job. He then gestured to the fan to come down to the dug out a wee exchange took place. IMO Malpas should not be getting involved in this but the fan as we have discussed in other threads should not be shouting personal abuse.

The goal we all went bananas TBF Malaps though gave the fans the GIRFUY sign the fan and Malpas hugged and laughed a bit ,some other guys where not happy and challenge Malpas to a fight WHY I DONT KNOW !!!!!

But i do feel that the management team should not react in this manner getting beat or not.

In fairness, Malpas seemed to react to the fact one fan shouted "Malpas, looks like you cannae be bothered!". I might be a bit demented but I actually think Malpas getting involved is a good thing because it showed he did care. If he had just stood staring at the pitch would we all have thought he cared? No, this way he looked like a bit of an idiot but at least an idiot who gives a toss...

In my mind, both Terry and Maurice are hurting because they're probably working even harder at Hibs than they did at ICT but as can be seen, there are more than a handful of players that aren't good enough. Also, while I accept Maurice probably isn't a likeable guy - I also, like him, don't understand shouting at him - usually you hurl abuse at the manager more than the assistant...

I want to see more passion, I actually think because there was some anger in the West Stand, there was some reaction from the players and we got the draw we deserved (at the very least). Good on Maurice and the fan that reacted decently, I'd much rather see this type of thing than have someone in the management team like Calderwood - guy who didn't care one bit.

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    Quote Originally Posted by happiehibbie View Post

What an embarrassment. Why are fans giving him grief, can they not put their efforts into supporting the boys in this difficult time.

Erseholes.

"That was classic intercourse!"
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

I thought it when I went to see the U20's earlier in the season and theres not been much to change my mind, Malpas seems like a twat.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    In fairness, Malpas seemed to react to the fact one fan shouted "Malpas, looks like you cannae be bothered!". I might be a bit demented but I actually think Malpas getting involved is a good thing because it showed he did care. If he had just stood staring at the pitch would we all have thought he cared? No, this way he looked like a bit of an idiot but at least an idiot who gives a toss...

In my mind, both Terry and Maurice are hurting because they're probably working even harder at Hibs than they did at ICT but as can be seen, there are more than a handful of players that aren't good enough. Also, while I accept Maurice probably isn't a likeable guy - I also, like him, don't understand shouting at him - usually you hurl abuse at the manager more than the assistant...

I want to see more passion, I actually think because there was some anger in the West Stand, there was some reaction from the players and we got the draw we deserved (at the very least). Good on Maurice and the fan that reacted decently, I'd much rather see this type of thing than have someone in the management team like Calderwood - guy who didn't care one bit.

@hibs.net private member ...WentToMowAnSPL's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: satvis1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    He said you don't know what you are f@king talking about and don't f@king swear at me

I'm in the West a bit along from them

What confuses me most is that I never see a player make eye contact or listen to what Malpas or Butcher shout ??? Bizarre
    "At the end of the day, we all aspire to bigger things in our lives but one thing I can truly say from my heart is if I never kick a ball for one of these bigger clubs I would be delighted to stay with Hibs for the rest of my career. That's how highly I regard this club." Ivan Sproule

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ...WentToMowAnSPL View Post
    He said you don't know what you are f@king talking about and don't f@king swear at me

I'm in the West a bit along from them

What confuses me most is that I never see a player make eye contact or listen to what Malpas or Butcher shout ??? Bizarre
    Mentally weak that's why. I'm more than happy to have another management team that has a strong mentality. Collins was strong and our players got him kicked out - "six pack" rubbish etc. This is one of the reasons why we are struggling so much at the moment. Players are too weak mentally, and obviously haven't liked being told they aren't good enough.

@hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar
    The boys behind the dugout were giving Butcher and Malpas serious dogs abuse. Malpas was told that he was a Jeffers by one of them and Malpas confronted them. One of the guys went down nose to nose and all Malpas said was don't swear at me. I know Jeffers I know!!! Anyway the boy obviously thinks he can swear at Malpas and they have a discussion. To be fair to Malpas he didn't react. Anyway goal is scored and Malpas turns round to give him the big GIRUY and the boy goes towards Malpas. He wanted to lamp him but knows thats not a good idea in ER.so they embraced. One of the other guys was still not happy and continued to refer to Malpas as a Jeffers.Passion. Frustration. We were all feeling it. Good shift by the team and unlucky to only get a point. Thought the support for most of the team was good today.

@hibs.net private member
    Why don't Some Hibs fans try supporting the team rather abusing the players and coaching staff.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    I'm starting to really like Maurice Malpas
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHibs View Post
    The boys behind the dugout were giving Butcher and Malpas serious dogs abuse. Malpas was told that he was a Jeffers by one of them and Malpas confronted them. One of the guys went down nose to nose and all Malpas said was don't swear at me. I know Jeffers I know!!! Anyway the boy obviously thinks he can swear at Malpas and they have a discussion. To be fair to Malpas he didn't react. Anyway goal is scored and Malpas turns round to give him the big GIRUY and the boy goes towards Malpas. He wanted to lamp him but knows thats not a good idea in ER.so they embraced. One of the other guys was still not happy and continued to refer to Malpas as a Jeffers.Passion. Frustration. We were all feeling it. Good shift by the team and unlucky to only get a point. Thought the support for most of the team was good today.
    I thought it was quite amusing when MM told the guy not to swear at him, given who it was probably not a great idea by MM to get involved. Like I said earlier I thought MM's reaction when scored was superb, he cares and I want to see that in a management team. Not sure what kicked things off today, TB responded to something said to him first. Passions are running high tho and no surprise frustrations are being shown by both the management team and fans alike.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    I'm not bothered at all by this tbh. Folk giving out abuse can expect a bit of something back. Malpas and Butcher certainly care.

Can we not support our team, including our management team? Some people take delight at finding ways of sticking the knife in, then twisting it!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Mentally weak that's why. I'm more than happy to have another management team that has a strong mentality. Collins was strong and our players got him kicked out - "six pack" rubbish etc. This is one of the reasons why we are struggling so much at the moment. Players are too weak mentally, and obviously haven't liked being told they aren't good enough.
    Which team is Collins leading to greatness these days?

@hibs.net private member ...WentToMowAnSPL's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: satvis1
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I'm not bothered at all by this tbh. Folk giving out abuse can expect a bit of something back. Malpas and Butcher certainly care.
    It was the 'come ahead' jesture to the fan from Malpas which I thought was not very appropriate
    "At the end of the day, we all aspire to bigger things in our lives but one thing I can truly say from my heart is if I never kick a ball for one of these bigger clubs I would be delighted to stay with Hibs for the rest of my career. That's how highly I regard this club." Ivan Sproule

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Can we not support our team, including our management team? Some people take delight at finding ways of sticking the knife in, then twisting it!
    We have some total zoomers in the crowd. it's like a care in the community job with some of these guys.