hibs.net Messageboard

Left by mutual consent!

Do we slight advantage over rivals for play off spot?

Ok, in terms of form we are in the worse shape of the teams in contention but was just thinking that ourselves (and Ross County) have a slight advantage over the other three teams in that if we win any of our game remaining not only do we get 3 points but we deny one of the other teams an opportunity to get three points also.

The other three teams still have to play Hearts - a game where they can get themselves three points but can't do the double whammy of taking a points opportunity from a rival.

Suppose you can flip it round and say that, if us or Ross County lose a game now we are hit with a double whammy as we lose points and a rival gains where as the rest can perhaps afford to lose a game more so long as it is the one against Hearts.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Promising Youngster thebigman1875's Avatar

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by The Sea-gull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok, in terms of form we are in the worse shape of the teams in contention but was just thinking that ourselves (and Ross County) have a slight advantage over the other three teams in that if we win any of our game remaining not only do we get 3 points but we deny one of the other teams an opportunity to get three points also.

The other three teams still have to play Hearts - a game where they can get themselves three points but can't do the double whammy of taking a points opportunity from a rival.

Suppose you can flip it round and say that, if us or Ross County lose a game now we are hit with a double whammy as we lose points and a rival gains where as the rest can perhaps afford to lose a game more so long as it is the one against Hearts.
    We will win our last three games ~ Fact ! No matter how s**t the season has been, we will be fine

The only way we'll have an advantage over the other teams is if we pick up more points than them over the last three games of the season.

I don't think we should be overthinking things here. If we pick up wins, we'll stay up and if we don't, then we'll likely be in the play off.

Simples.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigman1875 View Post

We will win our last three games ~ Fact ! No matter how s**t the season has been, we will be fine
    That's something we haven't achieved all season so it's highly unlikely I will settle for three points tomorrow though .

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    That's something we haven't achieved all season so it's highly unlikely I will settle for three points tomorrow though .
    We have, believe it or not!

We won three games in a row over the festive period against Ross County, Kilmarnock and Hearts.

Unfortunately we've only won one game since.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    We have, believe it or not!

We won three games in a row over the festive period against Ross County, Kilmarnock and Hearts.

Unfortunately we've only won one game since.
    Geeze my memory is worse than I thought .Missed the Ross County Game so seem to have erased that

The law of averages suggests we are due a win. Not confident of that outcome however. If we win tomorrow, i think we will go unbeaten fort the rest of the season. A draw, squeeky bum time. A loss, blind panic!

Left by mutual consent! SouthamptonHibs's Avatar
    We defo have an advantage over the others. Reasons why;
    1. We have two home games at TBGAWA "fortress", a fortress suggests we are strong there so 4-6 points should be easy to come by
    2. We always beat Ross County. We will win in the Highlands next week, I think we have won 3/4 or 4/4 v County this season
    3. The players are up for it. Well I hope so as they've been doing the talking all week

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by SouthamptonHibs View Post
    We defo have an advantage over the others. Reasons why;
    1. We have two home games at TBGAWA "fortress", a fortress suggests we are strong there so 4-6 points should be easy to come by
    2. We always beat Ross County. We will win in the Highlands next week, I think we have won 3/4 or 4/4 v County this season
    3. The players are up for it. Well I hope so as they've been doing the talking all week

GGTTH
    A fortress implies impregnable ,let's hope our defence is today

we have had good fortune against Ross County ,let's hope it continues.

players can Talk the Talk but let's hope today They Walk The Walk

So am hoping for a Win and will be there and don't want to see the hapless hopeless Hibs

Today has to be the Performance of the Season in terms of showing desire ,bottle and pressing for goals as will need two to win it and defence need somehow to find the form they showed when T B first came in .

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    I really don't want it to go down to us having to beat Killie. 3pts today then a draw against County would be grand please Hibs!

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    I really don't want it to go down to us having to beat Killie. 3pts today then a draw against County would be grand please Hibs!
    Sure would. As I mentioned on another thread I hope the yams get a big win the day.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Sure would. As I mentioned on another thread I hope the yams get a big win the day.
    nae need for that we just need tae win our ain games.

3 points, a win at the bookies and on the Hibs lotto for me today please.
    Last edited by Saorsa; 03-05-2014 at 08:40 AM.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Amazing how there's a Hearts angle to everything we do. Fact is there isn't. All we need to do is win today, and it doesn't matter what happens elsewhere.