hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Glimmer of Hope?

Obviously disappointed, though not surprised, yet again, by today's result. However, I actually feel slightly more optimistic (albeit not hugely), about us staying up, than I was before the game.

Average as we were, I thought Hibs showed much more fight and a bit more imagination and control than they have in quite a few weeks and probably merited a draw. We were ultimately undone again by our poor defending. Thomson, Harris, Stanton, Craig and Cummings all played relatively well. I expected worse TBH. IF they carry that over into the next three games, we could avoid the play-off. If not, we're finishing 11th, IMO.

My main regret, however, is still not putting £100 on Hibs finishing 11th at 12/1 just prior to the previous Hearts game...
    Last edited by Sas_The_Hibby; 27-04-2014 at 05:06 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Definite signs of improvement which gives a boost for the next game which we should win. We dominated play for most of the game today and played some ok football. It wasn't great, but vastly better than the last few weeks. Just need another good turn out next week as I think one win will see us safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sas_The_Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Obviously disappointed, though not surprised, yet again, by today's result. However, I actually feel slightly more optimistic (albeit not hugely), about us staying up, than I was before the game.

Average as we were, I thought Hibs showed much more fight and a bit more imagination and control than they have in quite a few weeks and probably merited a draw. We were ultimately undone again by our poor defending. Thomson, Harris, Stanton, Craig and Cummings all played relatively well. I expected worse TBH. IF they carry that over into the next three games, we could avoid the play-odd. If not, we're finishing 11th, IMO.

My main regret, however, is still not putting £100 on Hibs finishing 11th at 12/1 just prior to the previous Hearts game...

Thought the play in the middle of the park was good. It's just the defence and attack that kept letting us down like they have time and time again this season. This defence is probably one of the worst in scottish football and we have a striker upfront who can't finish to save himself. Going to need a massive win in a massive game at ross county on Tuesday.

Barring the 2 goals we lost our overall game looked better than of late. Wouldn't be upset to see the same starting line up against Partick.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    Barring the 2 goals we lost our overall game looked better than of late. Wouldn't be upset to see the same starting line up against Partick.
    I would! The back four in particular! Watmore should also start we looked so much more dangerous when he came on.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    If you don't count the shambolic goals we lose most weeks then we play ok, to suggest we play ok apart from the goals we concede is hilarious. We have a terrible defence and out striker can't score from point blank range.

We play ok otherwise so that's a big positive.....

Good to see a thread with Hibs supporters on it! We will need to make one change as Forster is suspended so McGivern will play centre back and Stevenson left back. Both Thomson and Robertson will be that bit fitter for next week and he has to persevere with Cummings as he is a better player than Collins. We are not down yet and I would rather have 3000 diehards at the Partick game than 9000 with 6000 of them giving the players pelters from the start.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Our only glimmer is if they take points off Killie, even then we would probably **** it up!

Who else have we got right now for the back four ? Watmore did ok but really no more than the players who started.

@hibs.net private member andy1875's Avatar
    Glimmer of hope based on THAT performance?

We had a tiny bit more heart by way of tackles today but that alone doesn't fill me with hope or faith in this team.

We still lack any defensive qualities, the midfield look like strangers together and look unable to create/score chances.

Kev Thomson was good today, Cummings did ok. The other 9 were poor again. How that translates to being better is beyond me.

@hibs.net private member
    Who else have we got right now for the back four ? Watmore did ok but really no more than the players who started.
    We could of played forster, nelson, mcgivern, stevenson?

McPake is fitter than Robertson (trained more and played for U20's) so there is no way he wouldn't be able to play?

Watmore made a big difference in the way we played and helped get hearts more on the back foot and free up space in the midfield

Maybe slight glimmer of hope but still reckon we will go down.

First Team Breakthrough LioNeilMessi's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: soakingdisk795
    Quote Originally Posted by Sas_The_Hibby View Post

Average as we were, I thought Hibs showed much more fight and a bit more imagination and control than they have in quite a few weeks and probably merited a draw. We were ultimately undone again by our poor defending. Thomson, Harris, Stanton, Craig and Cummings all played relatively well. I expected worse TBH. IF they carry that over into the next three games, we could avoid the play-odd. If not, we're finishing 11th, IMO.

I would agree with this. I would field the same front 6 against Partick, hopefully another week of training will get Robertson back to 100% fit. It's the back 4 that gives me nightmares

No glimmer of hope! Sorry!

I will never see any positives in a defeat from them.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    No glimmer of hope! Sorry!

I will never see any positives in a defeat from them.
    THIS. Hearts are and were terrible but we were even worse. no positives can come from losing to a team that has been convincingly relegated I'm afriad

today was much better
    Robertson even tho not match fit put a shift in

they had 3 chances two from set piece which they scored Goal keepers fault twice no one on the posts school boy stuff

Hibs moved the ball quickly and had most of the possession in the game.

down side for me Management team showing no signs of encouragement or passion. encourage when some neat passes where made NO encourage when a lose pass went wrong NO. At 2 0 down nothing from the dug out to try to sort out any issues FFS Malpas and Butcher are two of the best defenders in the country, The way they stood with hands in pockets we could put a bus stop at the dug out THIS HURTS ME they should show the passion we all have. Keep possession FFS Goal keeper Punts when a simple pass out to a full back centre half Hoofs it McGivern hoofs it. at two nil down the management should have change the set up give young Cummings some help. go and win the game Mr Butcher change things during the game make the opposition things to think about. Even keeping two men up when the opposition have a corner.

I like the midfield off Thomson Robertson and Craig I think we need to build round these guys Young Jordan still learning now nearly our top scorer Stanton again young full of promise. we have some good players. We need to support Butcher and Co give them the players they want then we can judge them.

But all in all it was better today yes a defeat again i wanted a performance i wanted passion I got that today so onto next week :) at least we have something to play for Hearts don't they are relegated

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by dmc1875 View Post
    We could of played forster, nelson, mcgivern, stevenson?

McPake is fitter than Robertson (trained more and played for U20's) so there is no way he wouldn't be able to play?

Watmore made a big difference in the way we played and helped get hearts more on the back foot and free up space in the midfield
    your having a laugh, or was I at a different game :)

Quote Originally Posted by boab1875 View Post
    THIS. Hearts are and were terrible but we were even worse. no positives can come from losing to a team that has been convincingly relegated I'm afriad
    We were worse?

No. Just no.

They way its going Nade will score the goal that send us down

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    This was a game against a gimps side who are the worst gimps team in my memory. I'd ****in hope we did look a bit better than normal when playing such a poor side as them.

Yet once again we lost the game, no glimmer of hope for me. This lot are in another relegation battle and could go down. How ****in sad does that sound?

I saw enough today to convince me that we will avoid this play off.

If you weren't there, the fans were applauding the team off at the end. That spoke volumes.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    If we cant beat of hearts no hope of beating anyone else

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post

If you weren't there, the fans were applauding the team off at the end. That spoke volumes.
    when was this?

Hibs are pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This was a game against a gimps side who are the worst gimps team in my memory. I'd ****in hope we did look a bit better than normal when playing such a poor side as them.

Yet once again we lost the game, no glimmer of hope for me. This lot are in another relegation battle and could go down. How ****in sad does that sound?
    This gimps team are the form side in the bottom six and they done absolutely nothing apart from score from two set pieces and miss a lucky breakaway.

It's not ideal and not where we want to be right now but nobody can deny the improvement shown from previous performances in the league. Surely.

Play like we did today, get a wee break, and a decent ref and there's no way we will go down.

@hibs.net private member

We were pish again today.

If that passes as anything better than awful, then god help us.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Play like we did today, get a wee break, and a decent ref and there's no way we will go down.
    Ah optimism - sadly you're wrong. Look out good places to park in Hamilton. Good wee retail park next to ground, loads of space.

Coaching Staff

No they were not - they applauded Robbo as he was gutted, stayed in the dug out when everyone left, then went on to the pitch HIMSELF and applauded each Hibs stand. Spoke volumes. As did Sammy in tears.

Fans booed the team or yer ears need cleaning oot ( not a dig at fans, every right to today after a Hibs creativity void and derby jitters no show)

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    This gimps team are the form side in the bottom six and they done absolutely nothing apart from score from two set pieces and miss a lucky breakaway.

It's not ideal and not where we want to be right now but nobody can deny the improvement shown from previous performances in the league. Surely.
    I'm sorry but i must have watched a different game, we hardly controlled it, we hardly created any good chances and their keeper never made a decent save bar the one that was already offside right at the end?

Let me get this right, today was an improvement on previous games, but we still lost and we hardly created any goal scoring chances. Clutching at straws if you ask me.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    What good are signs of improvement if they don't result in what we need, goals. All the fight in the world isn't going to score you a goal.