Gamer IDs

PSN ID: torto7062

lewis Stevenson

Sorry if already been asked...

Is he injured ?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    No, he was on the bench.

Find it astonishing Craig played ahead of him. You need guts in a derby something Lewis has and Craig couldn't buy

@hibs.net private member
    He should have been at LB with McGivern moved in and Forster out at RB

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He should have been at LB with McGivern moved in and Forster out at RB

Gamer IDs

Aye saw he was in the bench...

But why the **** he was on
    the bench Puzzles me

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto7062 View Post
    Aye saw he was in the bench...

But why the **** he was on
    the bench Puzzles me
    Butcher said dome pish about being worried about the diagonal ball to Paterson marauding down the wing......aye, ok terry
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We've been winning so many games with Lewis in the team right enough. Thought Hibs showed fight today but poor marking at two set plays cost us. Don't think Stevenson would have made much of a difference either way.

Left by mutual consent! SouthamptonHibs's Avatar
    Stevenson wouldn't of made a difference today as he adds offers nothing going forward. He's a solid defensive player

Shows how much we`ve dropped when people suggest we`d have been better with Lewis . I actually thought one reason for improvement compared with recent games was partly because he didn`t play . What about Taiwo and Cairney ? Injured , suspended or just unlucky in the weekly drawing names from hat ?

Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    Shows how much we`ve dropped when people suggest we`d have been better with Lewis . I actually thought one reason for improvement compared with recent games was partly because he didn`t play . What about Taiwo and Cairney ? Injured , suspended or just unlucky in the weekly drawing names from hat ?

Thats a load of bull!

Ok he has played in the games we have lost but in how many of those games has he played badly????

Butcher consistently moves him out of the team to accommodate others who are not even as good as he is and i don't see you questioning their capabilities of what they have added to the team?

He played McGivern to eliminate the threat of Paterson marauding down that wing, only to see him score twice!!! Butcher wouldn't play McPake as he was not sure of his fitness for a game like this despite playing in the under 20s twice? Yet he had no doubts about shunting Lewis to the bench to accommodate Robertson and all he did today was give the ball away and get booked?

Too many of the players today are still giving the ball away and standing waiting on someone else mopping up their mistakes just as well Kevin Thomson did that for them today.

Today we needed players with commitment and guile and Lewis has both as well as a big heart and would have run himself into the ground.

Im sorry but i cannot agree with your sentiments about Lewis, you may not agree with mine either but thats what being a football supporter is all about aint it!!!

For effort, attitude and reliability / consistency of performance, usually defensive, Lewis walks 'player of the season' for me.

Don't think he would have made any difference today. He does a fairly solid job but we actually were pretty solid today. Lost two goals that his height would have done nothing to prevent.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    Thats a load of bull!

Ok he has played in the games we have lost but in how many of those games has he played badly????

Butcher consistently moves him out of the team to accommodate others who are not even as good as he is and i don't see you questioning their capabilities of what they have added to the team?

He played McGivern to eliminate the threat of Paterson marauding down that wing, only to see him score twice!!! Butcher wouldn't play McPake as he was not sure of his fitness for a game like this despite playing in the under 20s twice? Yet he had no doubts about shunting Lewis to the bench to accommodate Robertson and all he did today was give the ball away and get booked?

Too many of the players today are still giving the ball away and standing waiting on someone else mopping up their mistakes just as well Kevin Thomson did that for them today.

Today we needed players with commitment and guile and Lewis has both as well as a big heart and would have run himself into the ground.

Im sorry but i cannot agree with your sentiments about Lewis, you may not agree with mine either but thats what being a football supporter is all about aint it!!!
    Totally Agree with all of the above.

I'll stick my neck out even further and say
    I would have him as our best player all season.
    Fenlon played him out of position weekly.
    Give me more like him and K.T in our team
    Instead of deed horses like Collins , McGivern
    Neilson and Maybury any day of the week

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Don't think he would have made any difference today. He does a fairly solid job but we actually were pretty solid today. Lost two goals that his height would have done nothing to prevent.
    He might have stopped the ball getting swung in.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto7062 View Post
    He might have stopped the ball getting swung in.
    From set pieces??

How bad have we become if Lewis Stevenson is being touted as our Player of the Year?

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmmhibby View Post
    How bad have we become if Lewis Stevenson is being touted as our Player of the Year?
    Who else deserves it?

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    Who else deserves it?
    Your missing the point.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    Who else deserves it?
    Honestly believe the club should scrap the awards this year. Commend the 20s on doing well but not one player deserves any credit in the first team.

Honestly believe the club should scrap the awards this year. Commend the 20s on doing well but not one player deserves any credit in the first team.
    agree

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    From set pieces??

he's a high jumper

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggie View Post
    Butcher said dome pish about being worried about the diagonal ball to Paterson marauding down the wing......aye, ok terry
    It's not rubbish - the boy got 2 goals from set pieces, beating our centre halts in the air. Imagine how much worse it could've been if they had the option to drop a diagonal onto his head if Lewis had been at lb.

The diagonal onto the full back was always one of the biggest complaints when Lewis played regularly there. We used to have arguments about him being too small.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stantons angel View Post
    thats a load of bull!

He played mcgivern to eliminate the threat of paterson marauding down that wing, only to see him score twice!!! Butcher wouldn't play mcpake as he was not sure of his fitness for a game like this despite playing in the under 20s twice? Yet he had no doubts about shunting lewis to the bench to accommodate robertson and all he did today was give the ball away and get booked?

Too many of the players today are still giving the ball away and standing waiting on someone else mopping up their mistakes just as well kevin thomson did that for them today.

Today we needed players with commitment and guile and lewis has both as well as a big heart and would have run himself into the ground.

Im sorry but i cannot agree with your sentiments about lewis, you may not agree with mine either but thats what being a football supporter is all about aint it!!!
    spot on

Quote Originally Posted by SouthamptonHibs View Post
    Stevenson wouldn't of made a difference today as he adds offers nothing going forward. He's a solid defensive player
    That's true. Our rock solid defence was in evidence today right enough.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Lewis has been through it all with us from MOTM in the Killie cup final to the barrel bottom of today.
    I hope when he retires he writes his memoirs - it'll be a very interesting read especially if it's a no-holds-barred effort.
    It would be interesting to know what his personal perspective is on all the good, bad & ugly players and managers that have come and gone during his tenure at ER.
    I reckon this tome would be a best seller & possibly more lucrative than a testimonial match.

Hey Louie, I hope you're keeping notes, wee man.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Yes Stevenson should have played left back . Mcpake should have played centre half beside Mcgivern , with Forster right back . Forster and Nelson must be the poorest centre half pairing in the league . Forster is young but fs you have to win your headers in your own box .

Ggtth

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    Yes Stevenson should have played left back . Mcpake should have played centre half beside Mcgivern , with Forster right back . Forster and Nelson must be the poorest centre half pairing in the league . Forster is young but fs you have to win your headers in your own box .

Ggtth
    Agree about them being worst pairing and as soon as he thinks McPake is fit enough he will bring him in .But In last few months Foster is out top scorer is he not and also the one chopped off against them last time

Just another strange strange selection by TB. He has absolutely no idea of his best eleven

Stevenson was a must for the occasion today. I was ****ing raging when I saw the team sheet (last night).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD