hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!

Celebrate no matter what in Derby?

I was thinking it might be worthwhile to act as if we were winning or had scored a goal in the derby no matter how we're doing...

So, good atmosphere throughout, a bit of a laugh and may potentially be an indirect spur to the players:

"Let's pretend we scored a goal!"

Shame there is no Jefferies to shout abuse at like the game against Dunfermline...good atmosphere that night (not for Jefferies though).

Just personally think it'd be better than us all solemly sitting waiting for the worst - never know, that aura could pass on to the players, maybe why they play better with less fans there. Think we also need to make it about us rather than the other half.

I've done my fair share of complaining on this forum but part of me thinks we need to entertain ourselves a bit at the games - at least do something that lifts our moral - because you can sense the negativity even before the game starts...

If we want it to, no matter what, our club will go on - the main thing is ensuring that depression and discomtempt doesn't become what, us, the fans, are known for...

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    I think celebrating an imaginary goal might be a good thing since we won't get to celebrate a real one!

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was thinking it might be worthwhile to act as if we were winning or had scored a goal in the derby no matter how we're doing...

So, good atmosphere throughout, a bit of a laugh and may potentially be an indirect spur to the players:

Shame there is no Jefferies to shout abuse at like the game against Dunfermline...good atmosphere that night (not for Jefferies though).

Just personally think it'd be better than us all solemly sitting waiting for the worst - never know, that aura could pass on to the players, maybe why they play better with less fans there. Think we also need to make it about us rather than the other half.

I've done my fair share of complaining on this forum but part of me thinks we need to entertain ourselves a bit at the games - at least do something that lifts our moral - because you can sense the negativity even before the game starts...

If we want it to, no matter what, our club will go on - the main thing is ensuring that depression and discomtempt doesn't become what, us, the fans, are known for...

Think you are as in touch with the fans sentiment as Petrie. Bonkers

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I think you are ****ing nuts

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    I dunno like, celebrating winning nowt, should be easy.

One of the strangest posts I've ever read on here

A semi positive thread once again dragged down within minutes.

I can't imagine being that miserable that I feel I have to make everyone else miserable too.

Sorry, but this board really is unbearable at the moment.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post

Oh I am in touch, trust me. Fed up of sitting in the stands with everyone else dreading kick off, thinking of the worst, seeing the worst come to fruition and then contemplate leaving at half-time (never doing so because I'm such a big fan) and then to, in most cases, have a replay of the same emotions in the second half.

Call me bonkers. I'd rather be insane, as long as I'm a big enough nutter to not know whether I was depressed or not...

admire your spirit mate.
    but let's pretend we've scored a goal.
    now I enjoy the odd tipple but seriously

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post

I can't imagine being that miserable that I feel I have to make everyone else miserable too.

Sorry, I was actually trying to be positive. Main point of the post was to basically be happier at the games. We all feel horrible at games just now and we're in a rut as fans also. Derby is not the best game for the nonsense I posted but the tension and atmosphere at the games is so bad that I feel we're in a vicious cycle where the players cannot play infront of the fans and the fans want to back their club, especially in a Derby, but expect the worst due to the horrendous form and general play we have witnessed.

When was the last time there was a really good atmosphere at ER?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Sorry, I was actually trying to be positive. Main point of the post was to basically be happier at the games. We all feel horrible at games just now and we're in a rut as fans also. Derby is not the best game for the nonsense I posted but the tension and atmosphere at the games is so bad that I feel we're in a vicious cycle where the players cannot play infront of the fans and the fans want to back their club, especially in a Derby, but expect the worst due to the horrendous form and general play we have witnessed.

When was the last time there was a really good atmosphere at ER?
    I don't think he aimed that at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Saorsa View Post
    I dunno like, celebrating winning nowt, should be easy.
    Aye, and i will have twenty eight notes for the privilege thank you !

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Spooner View Post
    admire your spirit mate.
    but let's pretend we've scored a goal.
    now I enjoy the odd tipple but seriously

That was just a recent example selected because I'm not the most createful. Nevertheless, my intention was to point out that the atmosphere is so bad at the moment that I am wanting a win on Sunday but like most fans I don't think it's healthy dreading the worst before kick-off. I definitely sense the negativity in the stands - and rightfully so - just want to see better atmospheres and it'd be nice if that starting in the Derby.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Governor View Post
    I don't think he aimed that at you.
    You may be right there - went swiftly on the defensive...

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Never mind celebrating no matter what, if we capitulate again, there's a good chance I'll be making for the directors box. I swear I can't take much more.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Problem you have is that it's been that long since we scored a goal the fans have forgotten what to do when we do score our next goal!!! :-)

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Never mind celebrating no matter what, if we capitulate again, there's a good chance I'll be making for the directors box. I swear I can't take much more.
    Yeah, we all have that feeling. I can see a mad dash for the directors box should that happen - how about we put a finish line at Petrie's seat and give out medals?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post

What is your view of the current situation and that of the last 4 years? It's just you seem to make a big thing on how happy you are and don't like it when people tell it how it is or be "miserable" as you put it.

Seen as I have asked you, I'll give you the courtesy of offering my view on how things are. Recent past - club has been a shambles for certainly 4 years now though others might even say about 7. As for the present - we are clearly in freefall and, unlike some, I have been unable to ignore the prospect of the play off for a good couple of months now however I do take issue with those who have us in the play off and even losing it already. We are not down yet and even if we go into the play off we should not write ourselves off so readily. I reckon one win, plus possibly a draw, from our last 4 games might just be enough to save us but perhaps the most telling thing about where we are right now as a club is the fact that the media, fans of other teams and a fair chunk of our own fans can't see us getting that.

Lucky you for not being miserable about Hibs in recent years. Maybe my problem is I want too much from my football club and you are a bit like Petrie, just happy to see it ticking along.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    If Hibs get a throw-in near their goal-line I'll probably be stifling a semi. It's THAT grim these days.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    I can see what the op is getting at, I think, but I think that it's defiance and a volatile attitude towards their players and fans from start to finish which is needed rather than celebrating. We really don't have anything to celebrate and I suspect (although I hope I am wrong) that we won't have anything to celebrate at full time on Sunday. We need a result that defies all the odds and I do hope we get it, but giving them a hard time regardless of the result isn't a bad shout imo.

If we see a typical derby performance from Hibs, with the usual capitulation coupled with the normal soft defending and powderpuff attack, I'll be celebrating nothing.

Im with you!

The first league match after the Cup Final, I had the pleasure of sitting close to section 43, and those guys were bouncing all the way through, putting down any attempts of the Jambos to have their 'party'. I was well proud to be in amongst that spirit of defiance and good humour.

I miss section 43..

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    If we see a typical derby performance from Hibs, with the usual capitulation coupled with the normal soft defending and powderpuff attack, I'll be celebrating nothing.

I also completely understand. I just wish we weren't all in the exact same frame of mind - no criticism of you or anyone just a glaring assessment of the now. We are owed years and years of success but until that happens, I just hope we aren't all sitting collectively in such a dejected way

First Team Breakthrough LioNeilMessi's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: soakingdisk795
    OPs got the right idea. A sense of humour about our situation can't hurt anyone and it may even take the edge off the poisonous home atmosphere on Sunday.

I think we should "Olé" every successful Hibs pass, the positive reinforcement will convince the players that passing is good

That was just a recent example selected because I'm not the most createful. Nevertheless, my intention was to point out that the atmosphere is so bad at the moment that I am wanting a win on Sunday but like most fans I don't think it's healthy dreading the worst before kick-off. I definitely sense the negativity in the stands - and rightfully so - just want to see better atmospheres and it'd be nice if that starting in the Derby.
    Mate I can guarantee you that the poppy thieves will never ever scare me

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by LioNeilMessi View Post
    OPs got the right idea. A sense of humour about our situation can't hurt anyone and it may even take the edge off the poisonous home atmosphere on Sunday.

I think we should "Olé" every successful Hibs pass, the positive reinforcement will convince the players that passing is good
    Yes lets laugh and celebrate at ourselves losing or no winning and make ourselves an even bigger laughing stock then Petrie has made us already. Other folk can dae what they like but I'll no be laughing or celebrating losing or no winning.
    Last edited by Saorsa; 22-04-2014 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenStar View Post
    One of the strangest posts I've ever read on here
    Totally bizarre . Some of what your smoking plz

@hibs.net private member

Excellent plan - have seen other teams' fans do this and it's funny - and lets face it we've got the perfect excuse for nonsense like this cos we haven't scored for ***** ages!
    I agree that we need to focus on getting the atmosphere up rather than just sitting there like someone just died! This should join assorted Yam pish takings along with the Standard Hibees fare to get the atmos stoked up on Sunday.

...Oh and BTW I think there's something we are totally forgetting here while wallowing in our misery - we have a 100% valid reason to celebrate - the ***** Yams - THEM - the Pinkoids are DOWN!!! DOWN!!!
    DOWN!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by basehibby; 22-04-2014 at 05:19 PM.

First Team Breakthrough LioNeilMessi's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: soakingdisk795
    Quote Originally Posted by Saorsa View Post
    Yes lets laugh and celebrate at ourselves losing or no winning and make ourselves an even bigger laughing stock then Petrie has made us already.
    So are you not a fan of Petrie?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by LioNeilMessi View Post
    So are you not a fan of Petrie?