hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Other SPFL clubs fans enjoying Hibs current situation?

Recently in the media there seems to be almost a desperation for Hibs to be relegated alongside Hearts. The journos have their story written and seem to be foaming at the mouth regarding a competitive Scottish Championship next season.

The thing I've found slightly strange though is the reaction coming from other clubs in the the Scottish premiership.

• According to few Hearts pals, their game on Saturday involved both them and Ross County supporters singing about Hearts going "down with the Hibees".
    • St Mirren fans as well continued this theme with "down with the Jambos"
    • Aberdeen fans sang about Butcher being "a $***e Pat Fenlon"
    • And the St Mirren fans copied that song about Fenlon too

I know the club deserves stick because we have been performing abysmally but does anyone else find it weird about the clamour for Hibs to get relegated.
    Are we hated by other clubs more than we think?
    Or should we be flattered that rival fans think we are a quite a big club?

Perhaps Butcher could use this to create almost a siege mentality at the club for the final 4 games. I know that might be clutching at straws but its all I've got!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

If it was another biggish club like Dundee Utd or Aberdeen (in fact especially Aberdeen) I'd be exactly the same tbh.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Hibs - as a club - deserve absolutely all the stick they've been getting. And more.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Recently in the media there seems to be almost a desperation for Hibs to be relegated alongside Hearts. The journos have their story written and seem to be foaming at the mouth regarding a competitive Scottish Championship next season.

The thing I've found slightly strange though is the reaction coming from other clubs in the the Scottish premiership.

• According to few Hearts pals, their game on Saturday involved both them and Ross County supporters singing about Hearts going "down with the Hibees".

I know the club deserves stick because we have been performing abysmally but does anyone else find it weird about the clamour for Hibs to get relegated.

Perhaps Butcher could use this to create almost a siege mentality at the club for the final 4 games. I know that might be clutching at straws but its all I've got!!
    I know what you mean, been thinking the same

That is normally what happens when your the laughing stock of scottish football and have been amongst the biggest under achievers for the past two decades. We have a big wage bill, big stadium, excellent training ground and we are struggling to compete with huge mighty clubs like Partick Thistle, Ross County and St Mirren.

What makes it worse is some people on this forum seem happy the way things are, with the same clueless board of ours being rubbish year after year.

Errrrrr they are our rivals so obviously they will see delight in it just like we would if it was the other way round!!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisski33 View Post
    Errrrrr they are our rivals so obviously they will see delight in it just like we would if it was the other way round!!
    I understand they are our rivals but how come we have never been singing about St Mirren last season having a horror run and just about surviving, Dundee going down, Dunfermline going down, Falkirk etc etc

I understand they are our rivals but how come we have never been singing about St Mirren last season having a horror run and just about surviving, Dundee going down, Dunfermline going down, Falkirk etc etc
    Presumably because we're the biggest club in the bottom 6. The Media love a big win, or a big defeat. If we were to go down, and then storm the championship leaving The Rangers and Hearts in our wake, the Media would be all over us like a rash, because its a big story. They would be lapping Butcher up right now were we in the hunt for 2nd place, as it is he's the target. No ones been laughing much at Aberdeen this season, whereas a few seasons back they were ridiculed for being rubbish. On the other hand its not really fair to say that Ross County have failed epically as a club were they to finish 11th.

Quote Originally Posted by AllyF View Post
    Hibs - as a club - deserve absolutely all the stick they've been getting. And more.
    This. Our club has become a complete laughing stock over the last few years. It's heartbreaking.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    That is normally what happens when your the laughing stock of scottish football and have been amongst the biggest under achievers for the past two decades. We have a big wage bill, big stadium, excellent training ground and we are struggling to compete with huge mighty clubs like Partick Thistle, Ross County and St Mirren.

What makes it worse is some people on this forum seem happy the way things are, with the same clueless board of ours being rubbish year after year.
    Good post. Fans of other clubs have been foaming at the mouth in anticipation of hearts demise. That was sealed ages ago so now our situation is the next focus. If Aberdeen or Dundee United were where we are it would be the same. In fact it has been when they have. It is less surprising when other teams are down there so less is made of it when they are.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    If it was another biggish club like Dundee Utd or Aberdeen (in fact especially Aberdeen) I'd be exactly the same tbh.
    I don't class Dundee Utd as a big club

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    This. Our club has become a complete laughing stock over the last few years. It's heartbreaking.
    Making us that is certainly something Petire has done/is doing a good job of.
    Last edited by Saorsa; 21-04-2014 at 09:07 PM.

The biggest surprise is that other clubs still think there's a novelty factor to us doing badly in the league.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    If they are enjoying our struggles then it's flattering in a way.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Simples, if we go down it would be a big news story, if say Ross County are relegated nobody would really care or notice in the media.

It is fairly clear the other clubs want us down.

Some may say we deserve to go down but we seriously just need to stick together as fans and get through this season and regroup in the summer.

Avoiding relegation is vital and going down would be fatal for our future.

Time the manager and players and co stood up and dragged us safe.

We should be using this as motivation to form the siege mentality and grind out some performances/results.

This site doesn't pull any punches when it comes to dissing any of the other clubs for any reason under the sun, yet here you are complaining because football fans at other teams are having a laugh at our "current" woes? Are you serious? There is no desperation amongst journalists/media for Hibs to go down, the club has put itself in a position where it might go down and they are doing their job, i.e. reporting on it.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyF View Post

Talk about self-loathing! Wtf?!
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    [/B]

Is "more" actually possible?

Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    This site doesn't pull any punches when it comes to dissing any of the other clubs for any reason under the sun, yet here you are complaining because football fans at other teams are having a laugh at our "current" woes? Are you serious? There is no desperation amongst journalists/media for Hibs to go down, the club has put itself in a position where it might go down and they are doing their job, i.e. reporting on it.

You're right that they are reporting it - but they are relishing it at the same time.

People love underdogs doing well and bigger teams failing. Talking about it sells and the situation regarding the second tier would become that little bit more interesting and bizzare.

It's the bigger they are the harder they fall syndrome, we are seen as an easy touch and have been for years, soft as s***.

Too late for a siege mentality. It will be armageddon if Hibs go down. Where's Stewart Regan when you need him ?

I've no issue with the media and other fans wanting Hibs relegated. The media are only interested in one thing - that's their own jobs and circulation numbers. There are more papers to be sold if Hibs go down. They'd probably love Butcher to walk away as well, just for a few more stories. The more disruption they have at Hibs the better.

We've got a lot more money than a lot of these smaller clubs, so not surprising they're having a good laugh at our predicament. That's football.

**** them, we are Hibs, who cares what anyone else thinks apart from our own supporters.

BBC Scotland's Willie Miller certainly took great pleasure at having (a continued) pop at Hibs on Saturday. He seems to relish in our demise.
    Brain-dead Sheep sheggin, Weegie cretin.
    Wasn't that long ago his team were Scotland's laughing stock.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    It's the bigger they are the harder they fall syndrome, we are seen as an easy touch and have been for years, soft as s***.
    I don't think we can be classed as a 'big' club in footballing terms. We've been so bad for years that our imminent relegation should hardly make headline news.

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    [/B]

I'm not talking about the fans, we don't deserve any of this.

But sometimes you have to suck it up and realise what a f***ing laughing stock your team is.

5-1 ignited it, 0-7 against Malmo confirmed it.

F*** em all...

We are the Hibs

It's a shame we are such a spineless club, that we don't respond well to adversity.

Butcher's wonderful run of defeat after defeat, amazingly making a crap team absolutely horrendous - We appear to be on the way down and nobody seems able to change things - the players look like they chucked it weeks ago and we have no fight or ability (either could have helped).

We had a chance at the PBS a few weeks ago to lap up the relegation of the yams, by sending them down ourselves that day. That went well.
    Now the shoe is kind of on the other foot - Now watch them take full advantage, whilst we just roll over again.

No wonder everyone rips the club. It is soft top down and they all know it.

Come on, it's what fans do. I well remember us taking the p*ss out of Dundee Utd fans when Pat McGinlay scored a goal at Tannadeechy which, effectively, sent them down. Nothing to greet about IMO.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia Na Eir View Post
    BBC Scotland's Willie Miller certainly took great pleasure at having (a continued) pop at Hibs on Saturday. He seems to relish in our demise.
    Brain-dead Sheep sheggin, Weegie cretin.
    Wasn't that long ago his team were Scotland's laughing stock.
    I have never heard that bafoon say anything positive about us .
    Never liked the greetin faced git when he was a player but he has managed to make me dislike him even more as a pundit .
    One win out of four should keep us out of the play off .
    Then they can all go and throw tom kite at themselves ,
    ******s that they are .

Ggtth