hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

Butcher vows to do Hibs fans proud

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think I'm the only long suffering Hibs supporter who is completely sick and tired of listening to these platitudes from various Hibs managers and players. Just give it a rest please. It's just bull****.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    How many times have we heard the same *****? Enough talking about making us proud, how much things are going to improve etc. and just ****ing do it

@hibs.net private member
    All talk. Time for actions.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    He can't really win with the interviews, he needs to give them and there's only so much he can say. Think it's a tad unfair giving him grief about that.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    I don't think I'm the only long suffering Hibs supporter who is completely sick and tired of listening to these platitudes from various Hibs managers and players. Just give it a rest please. It's just bull****.
    This. In spades. Effing garbage today.

Is he intending on putting his boots back oan?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HOUSEkid
    I really don't know what to say to that.

I think I will try and decide on how the ***** I am going to get home from some random pub in Glasgow after drowning my sorrows after today's embarrassment.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Ah rite
    We"ve heard this before

Has he resigned

Interesting last sentence......
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Uh huh, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    And not a very inspiring one.

Last sentence said it all.

This is like Groundhog Day

"We pushed four men forward. We haven't scored a goal for a long while, it's a fifth straight defeat, and we have to look at the derby next week and pick a team that's going to compete and do Hibs proud, but at this moment in time we'll have to find one."
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Like Yogi with an English accent
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    "But, to be honest, I'm lost for words really".

so are thousands of fans

@hibs.net private member
    TBF Butcher is in a tough position with these post match interviews. The team are shocking so he has to appease the fans by at least admitting it, and at the same time try and balance lambasting the players with trying to encourage them.

Each interview he makes it quite clear that he has no faith in the team, which must get back to the players, which must de-motivate them even more.

The players have already chucked it, Butcher will struggle to motivate them at all when they know he doesn't rate them and most will be shipped out in the summer.

I wouldnt like to deal with such a balancing act at the moment. I don't envy Butcher at all.

Obviously, at the very least, tb needed this summer transfer window. Obvious, but not to some?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Talk is cheap, am totally fed up hearing it then we go out and do the opposite, last week Collins was going to "fire in the goals we need" a shot would be a start.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilla Black View Post
    Obviously, at the very least, tb needed this summer transfer window. Obvious, but not to some?
    Looks like he's going to be sourcing players to play in the Championship if current form (for the last 17 or so games at least) is to be the barometer of what we might expect in the last 4 games!

That is, of course, if he is still here if we get relegated which looks ever increasingly likely!

"We pushed four men forward. We haven't scored a goal for a long while, it's a fifth straight defeat, and we have to look at the derby next week and pick a team that's going to compete and do Hibs proud, but at this moment in time we'll have to find one."
    more chance of a winning team if we put 20 players names in a bag and get a lucky fan to pick out the 11 players in centre circle before the game Petrie arrange a raffle to raise cash this way the lucky winner could pick out the balls with the team which would do a better job than this Joker/Imposter

Sorry to be like this but i feel we have no direction a rudderless ship and to be fair i was excited when TB Was appointed he talked the talk its a shame he could not walk the walk

Another DUD appointed by RP

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Can hardly blame Petrie when Butchers recent record spoke for itself and the majority of fans wanted him!!

Another soundbite.

Just what I wanted.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Talk is cheap, am totally fed up hearing it then we go out and do the opposite, last week Collins was going to "fire in the goals we need" a shot would be a start.
    But it's headers he is at his best with and we can't even find a way to supply crosses to him .On that basis there is no point in him being in team go with Watmore and Cummings against hearts Game will be too soon for Robertson as his drive is badly needed .
    Is McGivern and Nelson better pairing in centre .

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    How about this for a sound bite......... The majority of the players at Hibs are crap, they can't play football at this level and will not be playing at the club after this season. I am fed up trying to teach these players how to play football in a way that might enable the club to score goals and get points. The players do not have the ability to learn how to be successful and know that many of them will be leaving this club. Until that happens I have to do the best I CAN with players who are not for purpose. God willing as it will take a miracle we will not get relegated this season. When our SPL place is secure I can get players who are fit for purpose and replay the Hibs fans who have had not being entertained for many years. Next season will see players who have ability and are able to learn their profession..........
    perhaps TB should play the reserve team as they can not play any worse that the 'first team'. A team that has not score a goal in a long time or won in even a longer time.
    This season has been a season that no words can describe that are permitted on this website. There are players are the club who should not accept their wages as they have not earned them.
    IMO TB needs time to get his players in and restore the club to its rightful place in Scottish football.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    How about this for a sound bite......... The majority of the players at Hibs are crap, they can't play football at this level and will not be playing at the club after this season. I am fed up trying to teach these players how to play football in a way that might enable the club to score goals and get points. The players do not have the ability to learn how to be successful and know that many of them will be leaving this club. Until that happens I have to do the best I CAN with players who are not for purpose. God willing as it will take a miracle we will not get relegated this season. When our SPL place is secure I can get players who are fit for purpose and replay the Hibs fans who have had not being entertained for many years. Next season will see players who have ability and are able to learn their profession..........
    perhaps TB should play the reserve team as they can not play any worse that the 'first team'. A team that has not score a goal in a long time or won in even a longer time.
    This season has been a season that no words can describe that are permitted on this website. There are players are the club who should not accept their wages as they have not earned them.
    IMO TB needs time to get his players in and restore the club to its rightful place in Scottish football.
    Fair point but in order to do this money nust be exchanged unfortunatly RP Does not grasp this fact the cheap option always wins in Petries world.

Makes no odds what he says after yet another defeat, he's on a hiding to nothing.

However, my biggest take from today's game wasn't the couldn't-care-less attitude for he players, it was Butcher's inept tactics. 0-2 down and up against 10 men, and he plays 1 up front. Didn't change the formation until 20 mins from the end. Quite simply staggering

Butcher must take his fair share of blame for today. Irrespective they are Fenlon's players, they are just not playing as a team and 1 up front is a joke.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Another soundbite.

Just what I wanted.
    To be fair, he has to give an interview, so he has to say something.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net