hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Playoff bound

First Team Breakthrough

Playoff bound

We are. Pure and simple. We're the worst team in the league. We deserve to go down.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xoROOSKYox
    I agree with you that we may be headed for the play-off's but we're not the worst team in the league. We've got the worst form but we're a better side than Hearts, Kilmarnock and the teams near us but we have no passion and no bottle. Things need to change.

Petrie MUST be removed from the club I love. It's heartbreaking what he has done to my club.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FromTheCapital View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with you that we may be headed for the play-off's but we're not the worst team in the league. We've got the worst form but we're a better side than Hearts, Kilmarnock and the teams near us but we have no passion and no bottle. Things need to change.
    A couple of months ago I would agree with you however, right now we are BY FAR the worst team in the league. A but of a worry with only 4 games remaining.

Quote Originally Posted by SkintHibby View Post
    Petrie MUST be removed from the club I love. It's heartbreaking what he has done to my club.
    Couldn't agree more

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xoROOSKYox
    Quote Originally Posted by AberGreen View Post
    A couple of months ago I would agree with you however, right now we are BY FAR the worst team in the league. A but of a worry with only 4 games remaining.
    I'm not sure, one thing is for sure however, something has to change and quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We cant be a bottom half team every year and expect we wont go down at some point.
    A heartless, spineless club top to bottom.

We are easily the worst of the five.

The only question now is are we better than Hamilton or Falkirk?

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post

Not a chance plus they'll have momentum in the playoffs. If we end 11th we'll go down.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Seems like a new low every week. And it's been like that for years now.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Your club? Get over yourself, ya drama queen. It's no more your club than anybody else's.

Unless of course your names Tom Farmer.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: stevesyb
    Maybe not the worst team squad wise but when it really matters 11v11 we are the worst right now IMO.

I'm looking at the starting line up today and it is completely imbalanced. Thomson has played well but him and Jones just does not work as a partnership. Likewise with Haynes & Collins. Those 2 could play together for a million years and never look good together.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar

And what about the fact that Butcher seems to making a right of things???
    Once again another 4 changes today. I don't think he knows wtf he is actually doing. It's clear he doesn't know his best 11 yet seems hell bent on changing the team dramatically each week.
    One thing for sure if Fenlon was still in charge we would not be in this trouble.

Left by mutual consent!
    Is Butcher the man?

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    Is Butcher the man?
    I never thought we could get worse after Fenlon.
    Now I will never expect anything good at Hibs. Ever.

@hibs.net private member
    This is one of the worst, if not the worst. An embarrassment. We are down. Simple as that.

Going down would be fatal - we may deserve it but it would be a disaster and we wouldn't be playing top flight football for several years.

What is happening at the club has been unacceptable for years.

There isn't just one person to blame but many have contributed to the downfall and disgrace we are seeing right now.

Currently the manager and board are in control of the club and destroying it.

The fans deserve better.

Left by mutual consent! SouthamptonHibs's Avatar
    We are by far the worst team in the league. 1. Don't created chances 2. Don't play nice football 3. Have no pace in the team 4. Our defence are poor 5. We can't keep clean sheets 6. We don't win at home 7. We don't win away from home 8.our manager is clueless 9. Our players have no passion

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sbell1875 View Post
    Maybe not the worst team squad wise but when it really matters 11v11 we are the worst right now IMO.

I'm looking at the starting line up today and it is completely imbalanced. Thomson has played well but him and Jones just does not work as a partnership. Likewise with Haynes & Collins. Those 2 could play together for a million years and never look good together.
    And that was 10 v 11.
    Now seriously worried, because something's broken.
    We couldn't score with an extra man for an hour, they scored (again) after going down to ten.

First Team Breakthrough woodyloon's Avatar
    Worst team, worst form, most worrying thing is that Butcher doesn't even know his best starting eleven, he looks lost. He needs to stop tinkering with the team, start with the eleven who finished the game today next week and see how it pans out.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    No doubt in my mind. We'll finish 11th.

I know its been said many times before, but could we possibly be any worse off playing the young guys ? The senior players we currently play are just not interested and are there in body, in their minds, the are already on holiday. Play the entire under 20's - If they get beat, so what? We are getting beat every week anyway. And Yes I am gutted. NEVER felt as low as I do just now.

Been resigned to play off for last few weeks so not surprised at all, if the expected happens I've no idea how we'll get on against the potential opponents.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    and to think some posters on here got the usual disparaging remarks pointed at them when they voiced fears months ago we were ****** terrible, bedwetters etc etc, not a fan, yada yada yada

@hibs.net private member
    Cheaper season tickets and ticket prices to get more fans in

And most importantly

Take a bloody risk and spend money

You have to spend money to make money

Implying making money by reaching a cup final or finishing second or why not first....

Or maybe

Just maybe we expect far too much from hibs and are just another club outside of the mass huge following of the old firm throughout all of Scotland.

We could also try Ira sectarian singing and go about easter road with fake Irish accents :D

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    and to think some posters on here got the usual disparaging remarks pointed at them when they voiced fears months ago we were ****** terrible, bedwetters etc etc, not a fan, yada yada yada
    Anyone seriously saying "we're definitely relegated" (and it not just being a heat of the moment reaction to today's awful performance) is either a complete bedwetter, or has no idea how the playoffs work. Or both.

Or they're just saying it so that they can pretend they're not bothered/say I told you so because they saw it coming, if it does happen, which is even more tragic.

Left by mutual consent! SouthamptonHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    I've been bed wetting since I went to the Malmo game and the first Edinburgh derby at Tynie. This crop Fenlon put together is awful truly awful. I don't understand why we never done anything about it in Jan Tfr window ( Boetang not good enough, Haynes is poor and the ginger messy can't get a start)

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post

Is pathetic having to ask this question ,but you are left asking who the **** is going to score against anyone The east of Scotland young hibs team won the league today we should of gone and supported them Banging in goals and have winning mentality , the under 20 s could win thier league but they are not deemed good enough to get into this team Can they really do any worse than the so called first team .
    Given the players some of our rivals signed in January I think T B did himself no favours there Hayes is as bad as Collins neither is capable of pulling us out this goal drought The Media are already loving the fact Hearts are the form team in bottom six and they wil be firm favourites to beat us Again and rightly so. I just cant see where a win is coming from but somehow we need to eke one out or as Simon and Garfunkle sang we are indeed Playoff Bound

We couldn't beat Raith at home and I would expect our players to fail to show again in the playoffs.

We must avoid them.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    Anyone seriously saying "we're definitely relegated" (and it not just being a heat of the moment reaction to today's awful performance) is either a complete bedwetter, or has no idea how the playoffs work. Or both.

Or they're just saying it so that they can pretend they're not bothered/say I told you so because they saw it coming, if it does happen, which is even more tragic.
    So you have faith in a team that have won one game in their last 16 games; lost their last 5 on the bounce; Scored 1 goal in their last 6 games? IF we end up in a play-off position, we will be up against a team who have won a good chunk of their games this season, have a confident group of players and momentum on their side. They will be up against a group of players with no self-belief or apparant desire to fight tooth and nail to get a win when we desperately need it. This is far from being a bedwtter, its looking at things in the cold light of day and realising that unless these players get their finger out in the next couple of weeks, we are in serious trouble