hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

Hillsborough Memorial Service

Is anyone on here attending the service at Anfield on Tuesday? I will be there taking both my Liverpool & Hibs scarves with me. I can't believe it will be 25 years!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is anyone on here attending the service at Anfield on Tuesday? I will be there taking both my Liverpool & Hibs scarves with me. I can't believe it will be 25 years!
    Unfortunately not, gutted I can't make it. Hope my Hibs scarf is still at the memorial outside the stadium. LFC!

Good mate. 25 years - I remember it like it was yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    Unfortunately not, gutted I can't make it. Hope my Hibs scarf is still at the memorial outside the stadium. LFC!
    There will be thousands of scarves from clubs all over UK & Europe laid on the pitch in the form of 96.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Can't make it, but remember the day as if it was yesterday, and where I was when I saw the scenes

Left by mutual consent!
    There will be thousands of scarves from clubs all over UK & Europe laid on the pitch in the form of 96.
    YNWA!

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I'm Man United, but some things transcend rivalry. It's great the service will be held in the context of the truth having been revealed, which will surely mean the world the families. I remember our school assembly on the Monday morning after the tragedy being a tribute to the victims.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

I was only 10 at the time I remember the minutes silence the day after when we played Celtic.

JFT96

Also being broadcast live to Goodison Park.

I was 15 and left Scotland after my dad died in 87.. - we were living near Doncaster at the time - and when this game came up just along the road at Sheffield... I so wanted to go and support Kenny`s Hero's.. My mum wouldn't let me go and I called her for allsorts.. I SO wanted to see Liverpool play that day... I was outraged !!!

Having watched Sheff Weds a few times - the leppings lane was probably where I was heading..

Justice for the 96..

Quote Originally Posted by mca View Post
    I was 15 and left Scotland after my dad died in 87.. - we were living near Doncaster at the time - and when this game came up just along the road at Sheffield... I so wanted to go and support Kenny`s Hero's.. My mum wouldn't let me go and I called her for allsorts.. I SO wanted to see Liverpool play that day... I was outraged !!!

Having watched Sheff Weds a few times - the leppings lane was probably where I was heading..

Justice for the 96..
    Justice will hopefully now be done ,but like so many police cover ups ,the scale on which this was allowed to happen and the length the families have had to go to undercover it when conveniently some of those that rose to the top of their profession are now retired is as corrupt as it can get .There are times when the whole system kicks in to protect vested interests .It truly makes me sick
    The families involved haven't had enough credit for the work and time they have put in to get to where they have .But the club stuck by them and bucked the trend by keeping the issue to the fore .

Quote Originally Posted by mca View Post

Justice for the 96..
    I was 21 and only went into the stand rather than the Leppings Lane terracing because of the awful crushing I had experienced the year before on the Terracing at the same venue against the same opponents. Thankfully everyone on our bus made it back, but those memories still bring tears to my eyes every time I watch footage. JFT96

Won't be there in person but will be there in thought. The drawn out campaign for justice of the families of the 96 is inspirational irrespective of team loyalties and transcends football. The cover up that followed up to the highest level is a national disgrace. Trying to explain to my 11 yr old son the events of that day and the aftermath are met with total amazement.

I was 21 and only went into the stand rather than the Leppings Lane terracing because of the awful crushing I had experienced the year before on the Terracing at the same venue against the same opponents. Thankfully everyone on our bus made it back, but those memories still bring tears to my eyes every time I watch footage. JFT96
    We've discussed this before mate and I was in the stand opposite the tunnel. Wont be heading down but will be watching on tv. Its quite scary that its 25 years on since that fateful day.

@hibs.net private member
    Also being broadcast live to Goodison Park.
    I wish you well SH. My late dad (died in '78) was a Scouser and Evertonian - he would have mourned as much as anyone if he'd been around when Hillsborough happened.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    We've discussed this before mate and I was in the stand opposite the tunnel. Wont be heading down but will be watching on tv. Its quite scary that its 25 years on since that fateful day.
    I was in the main stand (opposite you) having been in the spion cop the year before.

I can't really remember much that happened when I was in my early 20s - but that day is etched in the memory forever.

Very quiet car driving back to Edinburgh.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Justice will hopefully now be done ,but like so many police cover ups ,the scale on which this was allowed to happen and the length the families have had to go to undercover it when conveniently some of those that rose to the top of their profession are now retired is as corrupt as it can get .There are times when the whole system kicks in to protect vested interests .It truly makes me sick
    The families involved haven't had enough credit for the work and time they have put in to get to where they have .But the club stuck by them and bucked the trend by keeping the issue to the fore .
    Top post

Left by mutual consent!
    Feel for you bud! The truth will help you,

I hope all those involved in the disgraceful lies which appeared the Sun "newspaper" following the disaster are ashamed of themselves listening to the evidence being heard at the Hillsborough enquiry.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    I hope all those involved in the disgraceful lies which appeared the Sun "newspaper" following the disaster are ashamed of themselves listening to the evidence being heard at the Hillsborough enquiry.
    The likes of Kelvin McKenzie have no shame.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    my dad hasn't bought the sun since that,I was 13 and remembering watching on the tv,very sad scenes,nobody seemed to know what was going on,credit to the relatives for pushing on for the truth,they will get it and those responsible will go down

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    The likes of Kelvin McKenzie have no shame.

Quote Originally Posted by leggeto View Post
    my dad hasn't bought the sun since that,I was 13 and remembering watching on the tv,very sad scenes,nobody seemed to know what was going on,credit to the relatives for pushing on for the truth,they will get it and those responsible will go down