hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds

Do people here truly understand how disastrous relegation would be?

I've read some very strange things on here over the past while. Alot of folk have stated that they 'are not bothered about being relegated', that it could be 'a good thing for the club and the shake up it needs' etc etc.

Relegation would cripple us. Especially with Hearts and Rangers in there next season!

Do we really want to become a team who offers even less money for players (Yes, even that IS possible) and in turn watches even poorer performances from the team?!

Do we really want to become a team that will lose millions in revenue, and having 4-5k at Easter Road each week?!

Do we really want to become a team that has a huge chance of staying stuck in the championship for YEARS?!

These are just some of the things that have a huge chance of coming to pass due to relegation, the list truly goes on.
    We simply CAN'T get relegated, we need to back the team to the hilt in the remaining 5 games. Do they deserve it? Hell no. We just need to pray that by showing encouragement from the stands that we can drag these players over the finish line. Theres no delusion here, I know as good as any other Hibee just how bad these players, but we bottom line is that going down isn't an option.

Pack that stand in Paisley.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I think we do but I'm not so sure about the "playing" staff.

Relegation would be a disaster financially and there would not be an easy way out like the last time when we had cash to buy Sauzee etc, time to keep fingers lega and everything else crossed.

We won't have 4000 at ER each week. We have a hardcore of 7000 that will stick it out in the second tier, my opinion.

The rest of your post is mostly conjecture. Unless you KNOW how much we'll actually lose?

I will regularly attend games no matter what division we play in. I'm more interested in the 'matchday experience' as the cliche goes, and whether three hours out of my life on a Saturday feels worthwhile. At the moment, not being able to pay for players like James Collins or Liam Craig doesnt seem like the end of the world.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 08-04-2014 at 06:09 PM.

Not promoting relegation in anyway but when we were in the first division last time we had decent home crowds and away following.

I remember going to Falkirk away and having to go in the Falkirk end due to Hibs end being sold out. I also remember there being around 15k at home vs Raith rovers.

If we went down and were doing well we would be averaging bigger crowds than we are now with rangers and hearts in the league.

Yes of course it would be a disaster but it is going to happen sooner or later. Hibs are rotten to the core and a change in leadership at the top is required this club needs to change from top to bottom. The club is in a truly dire state right now and does not look like changing anytime in the future. Yes we can hope we stay up and TB changes the playing staff but nothing is going to change, it will be the same next year just like the past 4 years same #### different season. We can only hope that something will change at the top but it hasn't in so long so probably be the same again

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we do but I'm not so sure about the "playing" staff.
    That playing staff are transients - here today, picking up a wage somewhere else tomorrow. We appear to have few players who genuinely want to be at Hibs. The majority are weak-minded individuals who are unable too hack it.

Relegation will not be their problem - but it WILL be Butchers. Which makes you wonder if some of them are privately relishing the thought of relegating Hibs & Butcher as a leaving present.

Quote Originally Posted by York Hibees View Post
    Not promoting relegation in anyway but when we were in the first division last time we had decent home crowds and away following.

I remember going to Falkirk away and having to go in the Falkirk end due to Hibs end being sold out. I also remember there being around 15k at home vs Raith rovers.

If we went down and were doing well we would be averaging bigger crowds than we are now with rangers and hearts in the league.
    If we went down it would be an unmitigated disaster. A lot of the teams in that league would beat Hibs, they way Hibs are at the moment, no problem. If we started to lose to these teams, never mind Sevco & HOMFC(IA) our remaining support would evaporate. There will be no Sauzee, Latapy, Mixu etc this time around as players of that quality will no longer play in a backwater league like that. We need to attract better players to the club. They wont come to play in that league unless we offer big time wages and we all know that aint gonna happen with Petrie in charge of the purse strings.

If we go down which will happen its gonna take us about 2-3 yrs to come back but I wouldnt bet my house on it. It will be a diasaster trust me

Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    I've read some very strange things on here over the past while. Alot of folk have stated that they 'are not bothered about being relegated', that it could be 'a good thing for the club and the shake up it needs' etc etc.

Relegation would cripple us. Especially with Hearts and Rangers in there next season!

Do we really want to become a team who offers even less money for players (Yes, even that IS possible) and in turn watches even poorer performances from the team?!

Do we really want to become a team that will lose millions in revenue, and having 4-5k at Easter Road each week?!

Do we really want to become a team that has a huge chance of staying stuck in the championship for YEARS?!

These are just some of the things that have a huge chance of coming to pass due to relegation, the list truly goes on.
    We simply CAN'T get relegated, we need to back the team to the hilt in the remaining 5 games. Do they deserve it? Hell no. We just need to pray that by showing encouragement from the stands that we can drag these players over the finish line. Theres no delusion here, I know as good as any other Hibee just how bad these players, but we bottom line is that going down isn't an option.

I don't think all of theM do mate.
    Last edited by emerald green; 08-04-2014 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Typo

A couple of the "realistic"(i know there's not many) hearts fans i've spoke to do not want Hibs relegated. Saying it'll just make it harder for them to gain promotion. I agree. No idea why any Hibby would want us down. Loose screws i guess?

Relegation would cripple us. Especially with The Rangers in there next season!

Fixed that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by KiddA View Post
    Yes of course it would be a disaster but it is going to happen sooner or later. Hibs are rotten to the core and a change in leadership at the top is required this club needs to change from top to bottom. The club is in a truly dire state right now and does not look like changing anytime in the future. Yes we can hope we stay up and TB changes the playing staff but nothing is going to change, it will be the same next year just like the past 4 years same #### different season. We can only hope that something will change at the top but it hasn't in so long so probably be the same again
    This.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Relegation is unthinkable, IMHO. The sooner the players realise this the better, for the ones that apparently don't care because they're on their way out they need to be looking at their team-mates who will be here after the summer and start pulling the finger out for their mates, because as much as anything else, it's their livelihoods that are at risk.

The only thing we could do if we are relegated is try to spend our way out of the division and make sure we're getting a better team on the park than the Yams (if they make it) as we won't be able to outspend Rangers. We'd have to cement second place and make sure the squad is good enough to win a play-off to come back up.
    I wouldn't bet on any of that happening, so staying up now is critical.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Im clinging to the fact that after 33 games we are above our rivals, which means as bad as we are, they arent much better. Yes we are on a horrendous run but im hoping we can manage a couple of wins, as the other teams arent that great either!!

So how much do we lose, financially? Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I have no idea how much we would lose financially mate, but the damage done to the reputation and status of the club would be huge IMO.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    I don't have a figure, but from things such as lower crowds (IMO) and no tv deal in place, I think it would be a heafty sum.

I don't have a figure, but from things such as lower crowds (IMO) and no tv deal in place, I think it would be a heafty sum.
    Tv deal £1.5 million per season? that was with the old firm so may have fallen since then. Probable lower home attendances slightly offset by bumper derby and hunnery away supports? Say 1000 less per game @£17= £350k per season down?

I'm not being argumentative, im genuinely interested.

You can only go by what it cost last time. About £2.5m. That said we pumped up the wage bill

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Tv deal £1.5 million per season? that was with the old firm so may have fallen since then. Probable lower home attendances slightly offset by bumper derby and hunnery away supports? Say 1000 less per game @£17= £350k per season down?

I'm not being argumentative, im genuinely interested.
    It won't add much, but I suspect BT Sports and Sky will televise us vs Huns, us vs Hearts and Huns vs Hearts too - extending their current policy of showing Der Hun in the lower leagues.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Relegation is unthinkable, IMHO. The sooner the players realise this the better, for the ones that apparently don't care because they're on their way out they need to be looking at their team-mates who will be here after the summer and start pulling the finger out for their mates, because as much as anything else, it's their livelihoods that are at risk.

The only thing we could do if we are relegated is try to spend our way out of the division and make sure we're getting a better team on the park than the Yams (if they make it) as we won't be able to outspend Rangers. We'd have to cement second place and make sure the squad is good enough to win a play-off to come back up.
    I wouldn't bet on any of that happening, so staying up now is critical.
    If Thommo isn't featuring he's got nothing to lose by pinning the shirkers up against a wall at EM and spelling...it...out...to...them... God knows somebody needs to.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar

Did we have 4-5k at ER during our last great adventure ?
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    If Thommo isn't featuring he's got nothing to lose by pinning the shirkers up against a wall at EM and spelling...it...out...to...them... God knows somebody needs to.
    Do you think KT would do that ?
    I dont !

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisski33 View Post
    If we go down which will happen its gonna take us about 2-3 yrs to come back but I wouldnt bet my house on it. It will be a diasaster trust me

Maybe be even longer as Petrie won't invest long term in the team

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Do you think KT would do that ?
    I dont !
    Sadly it's wishful thinking on my part rather than having any basis in reality ;)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Sadly it's wishful thinking on my part rather than having any basis in reality ;)
    Loko, I think a pussycat has more fight than KT. Sooner he is emptied , the better going by the rumours.

Blog Entries
    Maybe he should pin Butcher or Malpas up against a wall and spell it out to them that, irrespective of personal grudges and petty arguments, it's their job to get things together to patch up the gaping hole that existsin the teams motivation and morale.

If every ****er on this thread channelled their negativity about how ***** Hibs are into a positive form - we'd be FINE!!! I'm 45, going on 46. When I was 21 years of age, going on 22 in 1990, I was being led to believe that Hibs were TOTALLY ****ED!!! But they came back and won the Skol Cup! Then we went on and had some more LEGENDARY teams! Sauzee! Latapy! Benji! Ooh - Zemmama!

So, even though I'm Auld - I'll always be here!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Maybe he should pin Butcher or Malpas up against a wall and spell it out to them that, irrespective of personal grudges and petty arguments, it's their job to get things together to patch up the gaping hole that existsin the teams motivation and morale.
    Maybe he should just bugger off. Give himself time for his cuts on his knees to heal.