hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: #petrieout

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser1962 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How would you define that?
    Ambition should be regular top 4 in the league with the resources, stadium, training centre, youth policy, fans ...... Regulary in Europe based on league positions and some cup wins?

Henry Ford had a great saying " if you think you can your right! If you think you can't your also right!"

Let's stop talking about transition and finding excuses why it goes wrong,,find reasons for being positive and achieving our desires and aims.

Another good phrase,,,aim for the sky hit the tree tops! Aim for the treetops and hit the dirt" we are not ambitious enough that's why we are not successful. I don't have all the answers but the men in charge should and I define success by looking at our record which is simply not good enough!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by inglisavhibs View Post
    If he had done as you say we must have loads of money sitting in the bank just waiting to be spent. Do you really think anybody at Easter Road wants to be in the bottom 6 every year. If you ever have a spare minute just check on the players Collins signed for Hibs.
    More fool Petrie for appointing a rookie manager and letting him spend money badly.

Have a look at who Calderwood signed.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    More fool Petrie for appointing a rookie manager and letting him spend money badly.

Have a good look at who appointed calderwood.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray-in-ireland View Post
    I really have trouble with "all he has done". Under his watch, he disenfranchised the support to the extent that he had to hire consultants to pull it together. He employed a useless huddy in Jim Duffy and watched our debt rise to a mind boggling 18M+ before announcing we were in trouble. Even when Rangers were offering 2M for Kenny Miller, he was sprouting that "Hibs do not need to sell", with Tom Farmer on board, most took him on his word, meanwhile after year spent mainly in the reserves, Rangers sell him for a 33% profit. McLeish wrongly gets most of the stick for this debt, he brought in more money through player sales than he spent

He then got lucky with "the golden generation", it was 36 years before that, that the club had brought through that amount of talented youngsters & it'll probably be the same until we do so again. He then cocks up Derek Riordan's contract negations by at first withdrawing an agreed extension, then, nine months later, refuse to pay the money that the player had lost, we end up with paltry compensation from Celtic rather than the real transfer cash, a player with his reputation at the time would command.

Petrie gets lauded for the money he brought in selling the GG, yet Mad Vlad got far more for Craig Gordon & it was only through John Collins influence, we started to hold out for more realistic fee's.

You get some idea with all the exposure he was having after the appointment of TM, when we would see him time and again taking the plaudits for the successful method used in selecting managers, it was ironic that he hasn't been so publicity seeking since then and even then, with all the money coming in during TM spell, he didn't back him with the two quality signings that TM wanted to take the club forward to the next level. We instead sold and have seen the club decline to the level of the last few years.
    Totally agree Ray - and in particular with your opening sentence. I actually think you're being too kind - however what matters is that fans want Petrie out, and not how they arrive at this view.

He simply has to go.
    Last edited by IWasThere2016; 08-04-2014 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Have a good look at who appointed calderwood.
    Aye, I know who appointed Calderwood. The previous poster was pointing to Collins wasting money - when in fact he won a trophy and was allowed to go shopping - in shark infested waters - if I can mix my metaphors.

The one consistent person in this omnishambles is Rod Petrie.

I have Had enough of RP tbh but as previous post say who will or wants to buy a football team. Forget Hearts that is business people wanting to mak a fast buck

Hearts ask supporters to take out a DD why dont we ask RP to do the same thing we all pay an amount say £10.00 a month and put it into a transfer fund to be used by Hibs manager to purchase players this will give us fans a buy in to our club.

Some people will say buy a ST yes please do. but this is outside the box this is a donation to a fighting fund. I would pay £10.00 a month

the sums are easy 2000 people £10.00 an month for a year £240000 a year could we get 2000 passionate his fans I think so
    Last edited by happiehibbie; 08-04-2014 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    For McLeish's first full season in charge (1st division), our wages/turnover ratio was at 98.4% which fell to just under 80% for the remainder of his time at ER.

£4.5m wouldn't have covered that.
    I said his players, not the large quota of players that were already there on long and costly packages.

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by happiehibbie View Post
    I have Had enough of RP tbh but as previous post say who will or wants to buy a football team. Forget Hearts that is business people wanting to mak a fast buck

Hearts ask supporters to take out a DD why dont we ask RP to do the same thing we all pay an amount say £10.00 a month and put it into a transfer fund to be used by Hibs manager to purchase players this will give us fans a buy in to our club.

Some people will say buy a ST yes please do. but this is outside the box this is a donation to a fighting fund. I would pay £10.00 a month

the sums are easy 2000 people £10.00 an month for a year £240000 a year could we get 2000 passionate his fans I think so
    Leith Links as mentioned by me earlier
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Duffy wasn't a Petrie appointment.

He was brought in to run Hibs and was present when Duffy was engaged.

McLeish spent more on player wages than any other manager in Hibs history. I don't blame him for it because the expenditure had to be approved, but that's what bumped up the debt. Already covered.

So anything good is "lucky" and anything bad is his fault? Why then hasn't Hibs been consistantly good, since then at producing younsters of that standard? Maybe its because it is what I said, he was lucky and he was twice so, because they came along at such a financially pressing time!!

It was Tony Mowbray who took the original offer off the table. People seem to forget thet Mowbray didn't have the best of relationships with Deek, which probably had something to do with the later contract negotations. People also forget that RP/the board forked out a couple of years later to buy Deek back. [B]

[A] Yes, and when it was put back it was Petrie who didn't pay him the back money, he was still on the £500. Yes he forked out the money [but he lost a lot more in not giving him his back money originally] and he has also pushed the boat out to get players like Glass, Bremner, Stokes & Miller, but in the whole, we have had managers who have had to scrape the bottom of the pit, usually on the last day of the transfer window.

I don't think RP needed any negotiating lessons from JC - just look at the players JC chose to spend good money on. Really, why are you throwing in players brought in, it has nothing at all to do with what I said & anyway, did Collins get anywhere near his first choice? I thought that was the main reason why he left? it was Collins who insisted that Hibs got more than Petrie was prepared to take & Petrie went along with it.

Say what you want about RP, but he's definitely not one to seek publicity. He's not comfortable at all in the public eye.
    He was lapping it up when it was a success, like under TM, but nowhere to be seen the vast majority of the time, as others were getting the bulk of the flack. I got sick of reading articles about Petrie's selection method, just review "Goals & Glory" for a reminder.
    Last edited by Ray_; 08-04-2014 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TQM View Post
    Totally ag

ree Ray - and in particular with your opening sentence. I actually think you're being too kind - however what matters is that fans want Petrie out, and not how they arrive at this view.

He simply has to go.
    not all fans want RP out some can see he is not the cause of the performance on the pitch, if we had some on here in charge, we would we bust long before the YAMS, it is dreadful at the moment but all this its his fault boohoo, we could be in severe financial difficulties, be careful what you wish for....,
    we need to stand together, its us that hound the mangers out, then blame Petrie, we wanted Butcher now its Petrie fault n matter who comes in wont satisfy many of us.... just my opinion

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?

You're suggesting we give him even MORE money?

I want the so-an-so OUT.

Whatever sum a scheme like this raised, I'd back Petrie to dock an equal sum off the club transfer budget.

The manager would never see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    You're suggesting we give him even MORE money?

I want the so-an-so OUT.

Whatever sum a scheme like this raised, I'd back Petrie to dock an equal sum off the club transfer budget.

The manager would never see it.

We dont have any chance of RP leaving, My idea comes from Fans investing in the team to get players that RP says he cannot afford because we dont by season tickets, but give him 200k to give to the manger then there is no one better than looking after the money that RP

we All need to work this out Just an Idea because i dont know anyone who wants a football team, but I do know people who want to buy prime land in the city centre :)

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    We dont have any chance of RP leaving, My idea comes from Fans investing in the team to get players that RP says he cannot afford because we dont by season tickets, but give him 200k to give to the manger then there is no one better than looking after the money that RP

we All need to work this out Just an Idea because i dont know anyone who wants a football team, but I do know people who want to buy prime land in the city centre :)
    As I keep saying we already have a system in place to donate direct to the managers war chest and only 20 people do it
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeshibs View Post
    not all fans want RP out some can see he is not the cause of the performance on the pitch, if we had some on here in charge, we would we bust long before the YAMS, it is dreadful at the moment but all this its his fault boohoo, we could be in severe financial difficulties, be careful what you wish for....,
    we need to stand together, its us that hound the mangers out, then blame Petrie, we wanted Butcher now its Petrie fault n matter who comes in wont satisfy many of us.... just my opinion
    Bust before Hearts. Now i've heard it all.

Nobody is suggesting that we should go on a multi-million pound shopping spree. But no turning managers 1st choices down for the sake of a few hundred quid would be a good start in turning us around.

Left by mutual consent!
    You are Rod Petrie and I claim my £5

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by cocopops1875 View Post
    As I keep saying we already have a system in place to donate direct to the managers war chest and only 20 people do it

I think these systems are fantastic and I would also mention "The Hibernians" and Hibs Lotto but I do think there are fans who would rather contribute to a designated and guaranteed transfer fund. There is also the problem mentioned earlier in the thread that rightly or wrongly there is a suspicion that for every extra penny raised by the fans Rod will simply reduce the existing budget by a penny.

What about all the money we have lost by not having a product that people will pay to see? When anybody mentions investing in the club we get this routine Hearts/Leeds senario. Why can't we just accept that there are people out there who can manage this in a balanced way and not automatically default in to this either/or mindset?

We are down 3 or 4 k every home game, if we had a decent product the fans would come back, work it out for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops1875 View Post
    I did not know this give me the details on how to join 21 NOW

@hibs.net private member Www1875hfc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brian6-2 View Post
    why not instead of wasting time moaning about it on here, do something about it??

protests, demo's, banners at games. despite all the moaning on here ive never seen one. (apart from the one held by about 15 folk after the game earlier this year)
    I Already have.

we want petrie out.jpg

Petrie has ran his course. Nows the time for change.
    The board need to come out and appease the fans,cause as you can see by this thread most want action.
    But as per usual the silence is deafening.

We Want Petrie Out !

Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post

Agree about Calderwood, his signings were awful as well. The thing is the majority of our fans were delighted when Hibs appointed Collins.

Quote Originally Posted by Www1875hfc View Post
    I Already have.

we want petrie out.jpg

The board need to come out and appease the fans,cause as you can see by this thread most want action.

We Want Petrie Out !
    Its time he done the right thing and resigned its for the good off our Club thanks for everything Rod but its over.

5 pages of Petrie out but nobody has given an indication of who can replace him and do a better job. It may well be time for a change but don't forget that the most important part of the change is not Petrie leaving, rather who replaces him. That is the key.

Keep reading that we have Rod Petrie and that there is nothing that we can do. I don't accept that. Through fan pressure we have forced Sir Tom to do quite a lot in his time as owner. Sir Tom likes to let it be known that he owns our club. Good. Well with that comes duties and responsibilities. We the fans are the true custodians and without us he owns nothing.

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Petrie out. Time for a change. #petrieout
    STF ain't gonna sack one of his top henchmen any time soon.

It just won't happen, no matter how loud you scream and stamp your feet..............

Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    Keep reading that we have Rod Petrie and that there is nothing that we can do. I don't accept that. Through fan pressure we have forced Sir Tom to do quite a lot in his time as owner. Sir Tom likes to let it be known that he owns our club. Good. Well with that comes duties and responsibilities. We the fans are the true custodians and without us he owns nothing.
    Think you'll find he does.....

Quote Originally Posted by LeithenHibby View Post
    Think you'll find he does.....
    What then?

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeithenHibby View Post
    STF ain't gonna sack one of his top henchmen any time soon.

It just won't happen, no matter how loud you scream and stamp your feet..............
    STF may not sack him. But he may just walk.

Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    What then?
    Chicken & Egg............... fu%k knows!.....

Lets just stay in the SPFL and come the summer battle will commence..........

Quote Originally Posted by Www1875hfc View Post
    I Already have.

we want petrie out.jpg

We Want Petrie Out !
    about 15/20 folk on this thread. maybe less.

i agree with you, but like i said, battering on about it on here wont make any difference.