hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: #petrieout

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm presenting it as one of the reasons hibs and Petrie must sever ties. We've been stagnant for too long now.
    But presenting it as a reason you are saying its fact ? I get we are stagnant but feel the blame is being forced on the wrong person, that said the person who's feet it should fall at owns the club, sets the agenda and the budget, but as nobody else fancies buying us there really is not much alternative
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

2. Log in to remove the advert

There is a malaise at our club which is sucking the life out of Hibs. As the Aberdeen fans treated us to their chorus of "oles" last night I looked around at the faces of the Hibs support. The disappointment, shame and betrayal was etched into the faces of each and every supporter. This for me was a defining moment.

Many of us will have differing views as to how this malaise is strangling our Club. I for one blame both Petrie and Farmer. When any organisation shows a lack of leadership, ambition and treats their customers with complete indifference then their time is up.

Hibs supporters deserve better. Our traditions deserve better.

Change from the very top is not only a desire, it is now essential.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Do you think if we are relegated then Petrie will allow us to push the boat out and sign decent players to get us out that league which would be very difficult. We need it sorted now, not when we end up in the championship.
    The point is to focus on the urgent need now - backing the team and avoiding relegation. All energies should be focused on that IMO.

I wonder what Kenny Maclean snr would have recommended - anyone who knew him care to speculate?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Do you think if we are relegated then Petrie will allow us to push the boat out and sign decent players to get us out that league which would be very difficult. We need it sorted now, not when we end up in the championship.
    How do you propose we fund pushing the boat out ? Was bringing in Butcher and his back room staff not pushing the boat out ? We have a debt we break even ish while servicing said debt , we've cut back on non footballing staff to fund successive managers. We are living within our means
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Correct but nothing will change unless we, the fans act.
    That is it in a nutshell for me. And I do think things have clearly gotten to the stage where this is now what needs to happen. Without practical, visible and organised fan action, absolutely nothing is going to change. Nothing.

#donthaveaproblemwithRod

Quote Originally Posted by Top Pans Hibby View Post
    There is a malaise at our club which is sucking the life out of Hibs. As the Aberdeen fans treated us to their chorus of "oles" last night I looked around at the faces of the Hibs support. The disappointment, shame and betrayal was etched into the faces of each and every supporter. This for me was a defining moment.

Many of us will have differing views as to how this malaise is strangling our Club. I for one blame both Petrie and Farmer. When any organisation shows a lack of leadership, ambition and treats their customers with complete indifference then their time is up.

Hibs supporters deserve better. Our traditions deserve better.

Change from the very top is not only a desire, it is now essential.
    Agree with many of your points but who wants to buy Hibs ?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil the Hibby View Post
    #donthaveaproblemwithRod

There's always one :D
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops1875 View Post
    How do you propose we fund pushing the boat out ? Was bringing in Butcher and his back room staff not pushing the boat out ? We have a debt we break even ish while servicing said debt , we've cut back on non footballing staff to fund successive managers. We are living within our means
    Pledging.

Pledging.
    Who should pledge ?

Are Hibs being run into the ground ?
    Yes.

Not in a spectacular fashion a la Rangers and Hearts but it's death by 1000 cuts.

There's always one :D

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Yes.

Not in a spectacular fashion a la Rangers and Hearts but it's death by 1000 cuts.
    As I've said I agree it's not pretty and hasn't been for some time now, but Rod is doing his job there or thereabouts nothing more nothing less, there is no budget to spend more, that's not his call really

#petrieout

Who should pledge ?
    The fans or anyone who wants to. Optional and you can pledge as much or as little as you like. Just an idea.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    As I've said I agree it's not pretty and hasn't been for some time now, but Rod is doing his job there or thereabouts nothing more nothing less, there is no budget to spend more, that's not his call really
    The reason we have no budget these days is because most of it has gone towards paying off ex-managers that the board failed to support at the time.

If they had used the money that they were forced to spend on paying off managers to support them instead, then perhaps we'd be in a better position right now.

You can add my name to the list.

Get out Rod. You are bored, and we are bored of you. Please leave.

It's not just the on pitch performance that concerns me. Everything seems stale and a bit of a mess. The marketing is lazy (the generic Puma kit with the slope reference with the wrong wording being a prime example), the club store was a shambles (I know Hibs now have little control over this), the ST campaigns are tired and smack of desperation. It seems almost every good idea to come out of ER in the last couple of years has been as a result of LWT pushing it

I know all of this isn't Rods day to day duties but most, if not all, the key people in key positions at ER are Petrie appointments.

Left by mutual consent!
    The fans or anyone who wants to. Optional and you can pledge as much or as little as you like. Just an idea.
    No me as long as that man is still here, not a bolt, not a ha'penny, not a brass razzoo

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    It was a bit like getting a Ferrari and then being told you can't drive it because we can't afford the insurance and petrol to get it going.

4-5 failures in a row speak volumes. Unwilling to back his managers financially and verbally and publicly says a lot.
    im thinking butcher is his last chance,he has to get it right next season or he may have no option to stand down,but the thing is farmer likes him because he keeps a tight ship

How about backing a players revolt against Collins and refusing to sign players on permanent deals and only sanctioning loans. He has no ambition to take this club forward. We need someone who has ambition and want the club to succeed in the league. Not settle for the lower half of the table and occasional cup final appearance. #petrieout
    If he had done as you say we must have loads of money sitting in the bank just waiting to be spent. Do you really think anybody at Easter Road wants to be in the bottom 6 every year. If you ever have a spare minute just check on the players Collins signed for Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by inglisavhibs View Post
    If he had done as you say we must have loads of money sitting in the bank just waiting to be spent. Do you really think anybody at Easter Road wants to be in the bottom 6 every year. If you ever have a spare minute just check on the players Collins signed for Hibs.
    We'll it certainly seems like the board are happy with it as they show no ambition to get the team consistently finishing higher up the table.

I think we are all fairly upset at the way things have went Since 2007, but what we must really be questioning now is our lack of ambition considering the state Rangers and Hearts find themselves in..

Talk about a missed opportunity..

There is already Leith Links to donate to, perfect win win donation too as Hibs get money a wee kid gets to watch Hibs (no sure that's fair on them but hay ho) and you get to feel a warm glow. Now ask FranckSuzy how many folk have signed up ?

#PetrieoutifButcherhasfailedafteracoupleofyears

@hibs.net private member
    I hope the board read this forum, links should be emailed to show them to exactly how the fans feel about the club and management and boardroom staff. They'd Poop bricks if they seen all this and maybe get the finger out.
    Some of the fans.

@hibs.net private member
    We'll it certainly seems like the board are happy with it as they show no ambition to get the team consistently finishing higher up the table.
    How would you define that?

There is already Leith Links to donate to, perfect win win donation too as Hibs get money a wee kid gets to watch Hibs (no sure that's fair on them but hay ho) and you get to feel a warm glow. Now ask FranckSuzy how many folk have signed up ?
    Around 20 in total...and only half of them are posters from .net...

Quote Originally Posted by Wembley67 View Post
    Excuse my ignorance and there may be a simple explanation but what difference will this make? The managers we have had have been backed substantially and most of the appointments the fans have approved.

Something is rotten but is it him?

I really thing TB will turn it around. Takes no **** hence the players getting pissed off.

Once players start signing that know they aren't in for an easy ride e.g long training, not getting pissed then surely only a positive can be taken?
    Hiring two managers in succession who knew ZERO about this league (Calderwood & Fenlon) has created the problem we see today.

Sorry, but whether 'most of the appointment the fans have approved' or not, is irrelevant. I don't know how you measure 'most'. No-one had ever heard of Calderwood and he had no credentials to manage in Scotland, he'd never even be here. Fenlon had been successful spending lots of money in a tin pot, Mickey Mouse league. Petrie taking pot luck again.

Backing them substantially has meant signing boat loads of mediocre players, none of whom are worth anything. Some of them atrocious.

Our signing policy is a bad, bad joke. Butcher said he couldn't sign McKay because we couldn't offer him a permanent deal. I have been told - by an impeccable source - that Fenlon didn't have Collins on his list, he was bought by the Chairman. Folk don't want to believe it.

The root of our problem is player recruitment. Petrie did a fine job of selling a great crop of players for maximum value, since then he's not had a clue.

How does every other team do it? Because however we're doing it it DOESN'T WORK.

The other very salient point is Scott Lindsay and Fife Hyland walked out of Hibs without jobs to go to.

Tells you all you need to know.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser1962 View Post
    Some of the fans.
    Naw, most of the fans. Bar a few with their "Petrie Is God" t-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser1962 View Post
    How would you define that?
    Ambition - The desire and determination to achieve success.