hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

If Fenlon was clueless, Butcher is turning out to be MUCH worse.

Fenlon had this bunch of crap playing some sort of tune some of the time. Fenlon was useless, but we seem to have replaced him with someone worse.

Dont give me all this pish about him needing his own players, if we replace the manager we obviously are doing it with someone we think is better.

And if he's better, he should be able to get those players he's inherited to play better, be better organised and get better results.

Well butcher cant, he's another huddy to add to the list.

Well done Petrie, you are a clown.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Careful what you wish for, you wanted Fenlon gone

Can't blame Petrie for this one. Most of us wanted Butcher.

Too hasty getting rid of Fenlon IMO. Easy to say in hindsight of course

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    The two previous SPL clubs managed by TB finished bottom of the league in his first season - though Motherwell weren't relegated due to a twist of fate.

So you could say he's improving, can't finish bottom this year.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fenlon had this bunch of crap playing some sort of tune some of the time. Fenlon was useless, but we seem to have replaced him with someone worse.

Dont give me all this pish about him needing his own players, if we replace the manager we obviously are doing it with someone we think is better.

And if he's better, he should be able to get those players he's inherited to play better, be better organised and get better results.

Well butcher cant, he's another huddy to add to the list.

Well done Petrie, you are a clown.
    I really do not know why but what worrys me most about Rod Petrie is when appointing PF he said that "PAT is a winner" when appointing TB he said "TERRY is a winner" it's like he is the same old broken record.... like he doesn't even care about the club...

Totally agree BH. I went tonight despite telling myself i shouldn't. He has lost the plot. Formation was a joke. Team selection stupid. Taking off Taiwo to replace with Handling? Despite the lazy useless Cairney bringing nothing to the game, and as for making a sub at 89 mins? We will go down unless other teams keep losing, and we deserve to go down as we are utter piyesh. Oh for those Hibees that don't rate Lewis...well he's the best player in our team right now!!

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MehHFC View Post

Of course i wanted Fenlon gone, but its only fair to think we'd be bringing in a better man. Not someone who is too stubborn to do the right thing for the club.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar

We didn't get rid of him, he wasn't sacked, he was hounded out by the fans.

Thank you Hibs, just under £200 I've made of you lot. ****ing bunch of losers at least your making me money though.

@hibs.net private member

Well if TB gets NO funds in the summer to get his own team and put his stamp on the club, we can certainly blame RP, i think that will be the breaking point for most fans if we do not get any investment from RP next season, we either find a new scheme or lower ticket prices and take a risk (not a big one) or carry on under achieving and being a laughing stock, yes a laughing stock because that is how we are playing, especially mcgirven, collins and terry's famous one up front at home.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Thank you Hibs, just under £200 I've made of you lot. ****ing bunch of losers at least your making me money though.
    am waitin on Bilbao for £110

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    We didn't get rid of him, he wasn't sacked, he was hounded out by the fans.
    That's what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Done the dons in a double with spurs, easiest money you can ever earn without working.

Not hasty enough for me.

we simply cant keep making 3, 4, 5 or 6 changes every game ! 1 maybe 2 it smacks of desperation and shows the manager has no confidence in his squad

Left by mutual consent!
    Atleast Fenlon got these players playing and got more out of them. They all look like headless chickens.

@hibs.net private member Liam89's Avatar
    Had Aberdeen to win and under 2.5 goals and FC Metz double. Easy £200 thank you Hibs for being crap.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam89 View Post
    Had Aberdeen to win and under 2.5 goals and FC Metz double. Easy £200 thank you Hibs for being crap.
    I need to take a leaf from you and TheCat23's book and start betting against this shower of ****.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Fenlon walked, did he not?

To be honest, I don't blame him. We seem like the opposite of a happy working environment.

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    am waitin on Bilbao for £110
    me tae. £300. 2-0 now.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Not hasty enough for me.
    This.

Should have been gone before the start of this season.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar

Yep and the reason most of us wanted Butcher was because he seemed to have the right attitude and the ability to get a club punshing above their weight.

Also, nobody complained about many of the signings we currently have when they arrived here, because again, we knew at the time that they were decent signings that performed well elsewhere.

So right now, we have a manager that did very well at another club and a group of players that barely anybody was complaining about on arrival. Yet, we find ourselves on yet another shoogly peg.

So you have to ask. Whats really going on?

How can we bring players that have done well elsewhere and a management team that have done well elsewhere together and find that our problems simply continue anyway?

@hibs.net private member andy1875's Avatar
    I hope to god that Butcher and Malpas go through the players behind closed doors for some of the errors they make on a weekly basis because unless I'm going blind, they don't do it during the game.

Lack of marking, brutal passes to players throats across our own box, countless misplaced passes to name a few again tonight.

Maybe it's just me but I'd love to see the players getting a right telling of so they know fine well to get the finger out. Yet to see it from either TB or MM. Might not be their style mind?

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Totally agree BH. I went tonight despite telling myself i shouldn't. He has lost the plot. Formation was a joke. Team selection stupid. Taking off Taiwo to replace with Handling? Despite the lazy useless Cairney bringing nothing to the game, and as for making a sub at 89 mins? We will go down unless other teams keep losing, and we deserve to go down as we are utter piyesh. Oh for those Hibees that don't rate Lewis...well he's the best player in our team right now!!
    Agree with you both. Lewis was decent and wish they all had his effort and commitment Stanton and Harris are good prospects and will get better. As will Forster if actually played in his correct position but the rest?? Craig is a shell of the player that started the season. McGivern should never play for us again. We don't actually have any full backs.

People have kept saying that he needs his own players. Mince. He has taken average players and made them mediocre. Any decent manager should be able to make a group of players more than the sum of their parts. He somehow makes them less than that sum. Not seen/heard any TB post match comments but suspect it's the usual guff about 'hard work' he spouts. How about something like tactics to suit the squad? Some semblance of a game plan? I've never been much of a KT fan even first time around but good god even I now think that midfield could have done with him in there.

Oh dear God

I was one of a tiny minority defending Fenlon here and it gives me no satisfaction to say it now . Not exactly sure if he was sacked , felt he had to resign or rumoured stuff about November end contract clause was true but I think we should have supported him more in summer and before and after ( did he ever have a proper assistant , was extra help provided when close season between cup final and first UEFA Cup tie took place was a matter of weeks without him knowing if our two best players were staying ? ) . The way Butcher signed up quickly with no other names mentioned suggests Hibs had some sort of agreement with him well before November , possibly well before last summer which must have put extra pressure on Pat ( maybe limited his budget too ) . Was a pity that we got Fenlon midseason which is always difficult especially for a manager who is new to Scottish league but I and many other Hibbies were really excited about new project with a new manager - I think Petrie ( or whoever made decisión ) got it right but he didn`t have strength to support him when he and club needed it . Also , crowds didn`t go up with Butcher confirming it wasn`t a popular decisión . Anyway ,time to hope that players can scrape together enough points to avoid relegation and then whoever manages us next season does a better job .

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Here we go again, get the pitchforks and torches out, there's a monster at the castle. Those who do not learn from the past are damned to relive it. Punxsutawney Phil predicts same **** different season.

Quote Originally Posted by andy1875 View Post
    I hope to god that Butcher and Malpas go through the players behind closed doors for some of the errors they make on a weekly basis because unless I'm going blind, they don't do it during the game.

Lack of marking, brutal passes to players throats across our own box, countless misplaced passes to name a few again tonight.

Maybe it's just me but I'd love to see the players getting a right telling of so they know fine well to get the finger out. Yet to see it from either TB or MM. Might not be their style mind?
    And what happens if they don't get the reaction they want ? Where do you go from there ?

Heard TB went through them at HT and again at FT. Not convinced that's what they need at this stage. Their confidence is completely shot and just don't see that these players are capable of raising their game because the manager is unhappy. Most of them look as if they'd sooner be anywhere but on a football pitch playing for Hibs.

How on earth he can continue to play liam craig over kevin thomson...beyond me!! And brings on Danny f##### handling before watmore!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberlin View Post
    Here we go again, get the pitchforks and torches out, there's a monster at the castle. Those who do not learn from the past are damned to relive it. Punxsutawney Phil predicts same **** different season.
    Well I've read that three times and none the wiser. Is this meant to be funny? Pithy? Thought provoking? Something at all?