hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Players have chucked it.

Get every single one of them as far away from Easter Road as possible.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Meeko View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    apart from Lewis Stevenson

Frightening we need them to turn up to avoid the play offs

Coaching Staff
    Liam Craig - great player - professional hide and seek champion, never a footballer.

Captain of my club - never ever ever in a million years. Shameful Liam, shameful. You were not interested.

The thing is in years to come most of them will realise playing for Hibs was 1 of the best chances of their career as they are going nowhere but down from here.

With the exception of 2 or 3 they are a bunch of imposters, has beens and nevergonnabes.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I'd put good money on us not scoring another goal this season.

First Team Regular
    They are a disgrace to this club. All of the impostors (minus The young lads and Stevenson) must be released at the end of the season. Was going to renew tonight now their is no danger of it until I see who we sign. I'd rather sit in and do hee haw than watch that tragic pish.

It's not going to solve the problem.

This season we brought in Robertson, Craig, Heffernan, Tudor-Jones and Vine - all good quality SPL players with a proven track record who were among the best at their former clubs. We added them to what looked like a decent spine of youngsters and experienced players - Williams, Thomson, Stevenson, Hanlan, Forster, Stanton, Harris.

They are now all shadows of their former selves.

Who are we going to bring in that's different from or better than the guys we brought in last time? Using what money? And why is it going to work this time?
    Last edited by Nailrod; 07-04-2014 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    The thing is in years to come most of them will realise playing for Hibs was 1 of the best chances of their career as they are going nowhere but down from here.

With the exception of 2 or 3 they are a bunch of imposters, has beens and nevergonnabes.
    I hate to repeat myself but this is bullsh*t. Nobody would have said that about any of the guys we brought in at the start of the season.

There's something fundamentally rotten at ER and until that problem is solved nothing is going to change.

Testimonial Due
    I don't think the players have chucked it but I think they know they have absolutely no threat in a game. That will have been the easiest game that back four have played away from home all season. For the first time in a long time we have absolutely nothing out front, something which we have been fortunate with over recent years.

All that said I do believe that we have a manager that can actually build a team and bring in some decent players. I had no faith in fenlon to do this, but I think butcher can and will have a decent team on the pitch next year, realistically it won't contain many of the faces that turned up tonight.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by scuttle View Post
    I like Lewis but his admission in the press that he has worried about relegation all season shows a serious flaw in his mentality and possibly that of the squad.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nailrod View Post
    I hate to repeat my self but this is bullsh*t. Nobody would have said that about any of the guys we brought in at the start of the season.

There's something fundamentally rotten at ER and until that problem is solved nothing is going to change.
    I agree with the last paragraph but I've not a clue what the answer is.

I hate to repeat my self but this is bullsh*t. Nobody would have said that about any of the guys we brought in at the start of the season.

You are correct. Infrastructure good, foundations rotten. Good players elsewhere fade here. No self confidence, no cohesion and second in every fight. We are in very real trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by the sea-gull View Post
    i like lewis but his admission in the press that he has worried about relegation all season shows a serious flaw in his mentality and possibly that of the squad.
    ltyf?

Coaching Staff
    If players had the bottle and courage of wee Lewis Stevenson we'd be okay - sadly we are saddled with unfit wasters who prefer coffee clubs and driving to training in sheeeite motors and tweeting.

Lewis and Sam Stanton are the only pass marks tonight. Butcher needs his head examined for playing one up top and for not making changes at 2-0.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Albion Hibs View Post
    I don't think the players have chucked it but I think they know they have absolutely no threat in a game. That will have been the easiest game that back four have played away from home all season. For the first time in a long time we have absolutely nothing out front, something which we have been fortunate with over recent years.

All that said I do believe that we have a manager that can actually build a team and bring in some decent players. I had no faith in fenlon to do this, but I think butcher can and will have a decent team on the pitch next year, realistically it won't contain many of the faces that turned up tonight.

young lads apart,there's not a player I'd keep

1. They seem to have no confidence in the system Butcher is trying to play. (Understandable - neither do i.)
    2. We still appear to have no real leaders in our team, who will knuckle down and grind out results when it gets ugly.

It is ugly now and 2) suggests that we could be in trouble.

Hibs and Aberdeen have been in a similar crap position for a few seasons. Look at the difference this season and tonight.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sea-gull View Post
    I like Lewis but his admission in the press that he has worried about relegation all season shows a serious flaw in his mentality and possibly that of the squad.
    Haven't seen him say that but maybe he's just being honest?

Stevenson, Forster, Stanton and Collins were the only ones out there tonight that I saw giving their all.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    I hate to repeat myself but this is bullsh*t. Nobody would have said that about any of the guys we brought in at the start of the season.

Correct.

I was speaking to a couple of mates (St Johnstone fans) and they're gobsmacked at just how poor Liam Craig is. They said they would take him back in flash though because they know themselves just how good he is capable of playing.

There is definitely something rotten and it's having a drastic effect on players and managers. Until the "real" problems are sorted out, the downward spiral of managerial and player changes will only continue.

Left by mutual consent!
    ltyf?
    How about saying what your problem with my post is or if not don't bother with a direct response.

Left by mutual consent! SouthamptonHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scuttle View Post
    Lewis works hard and cares for Hibs but he is everything that is wrong with us just now! He's just a hard working player Hibs deserve better and we need top 6 players. Lewis would not get in a top 6 teams.
    Ps not having pop at Lewis as there are worse players at Easter Road just now

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Liam Craig - great player - professional hide and seek champion, never a footballer.

Captain of my club - never ever ever in a million years. Shameful Liam, shameful. You were not interested.
    I'm not particularly fond of slating a player but I have to agree with that wrong man for the job.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sea-gull View Post
    How about saying what your problem with my post is or if not don't bother with a direct response.
    Think he meant Stevenson

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    It's not going to solve the problem.

This season we brought in Robertson, Craig, Heffernan, Tudor-Jones and Vine - all good quality SPL players with a proven track record who were among the best at their former clubs. We added them to what looked like a decent spine of youngsters and experienced players - Williams, Thomson, Stevenson, Hanlan, Forster, Stanton, Harris.

They are now all shadows of their former selves.

Who are we going to bring in that's different from or better than the guys we brought in last time? Using what money? And why is it going to work this time?

Just remind me which are the ones with blistering pace? Which are the strikers? Which are the leaders on the park? None of them are and none of them were at their previous clubs.

Butcher has inherited a misshapen and imbalanced squad. The only thing disguising that previously was the glorious, instinctive, gifted footballing daftness of Leigh Griffiths.

This is a crisis made by Pat Fenlon. It is his aircraft that Butcher finds himself flying without engines, wings or landing gear.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthamptonHibs View Post
    Lewis works hard and cares for Hibs but he is everything that is wrong with us just now! He's just a hard working player Hibs deserve better and we need top 6 players. Lewis would not get in a top 6 teams.
    How can Lewis Stevenson be "everything" that's wrong!? I could only count one missed pass all game.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthamptonHibs View Post
    Man of match tonight IMO, what does that say about the rest

We were second to everything. With a small number of exceptions, primarily Stanton, Stevenson and perhaps Harris with at least some effort (if not support) from Collins this was another gutless performance with little fluency or determination, Sadly on current form we are certainly in the bottom three in the league and simply do not look like scoring at all. Unless Butcher can instil some confidence immediately there is absolutely no guarantee we will be in the premiership next season.

This is not the time to experiment. We need to play our most experienced players an that must mean Thompson returns. They also need to realise they are fighting for the clubs very survival in the top flight. A win a St Mirren is, to state the bleeding obvious, imperative.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    How can Lewis Stevenson be "everything" that's wrong!? I could only count one missed pass all game.

Him and Forster were the only ones trying to drive us forward.

Think Sam Stanton deserves his place, just hope w dont break him