hibs.net Messageboard

Huge game for us on Monday.

The way i look at it Partick are the team to target now, win against Aberdeen and Partick need three wins from five games and us to take no further points due to goal difference to overtake us, time to give the team our full backing with a big crowd on Monday.

2. Log in to remove the advert

With St Mirren winning today and our cushion above the play off spot being cut by 2 points this afternoon, we really could do with taking at least a point on Monday night.

It's going to be pretty tough as Aberdeen are going for 2nd place and haven't lost too many games this season but hopefully we'll get a good crowd there and we'll get a positive reaction to last week's disappointment.

Left by mutual consent!
    Lets pack the place and create a right good atmosphere. No doubt sheep will bring a decent crowd aswell.

Huge game on Monday but Aberdeen are still a good side. Point at best I'd imagine it's the game after we must win and should win.

I can't see us winning but couldn't see hearts or saints winning today either so you never know,think we could get a point if we roll up the sleeves like we did against motherwell and go for it

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    A draw would do given how bad we've been. I'm intending to go to Paisley in a fortnight for my first away league game of the season too. I'd think the Hibs end will sell out.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

We just never look likely of scoring but look so poor at the back.

Who can get us goals.....?

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gegs70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We just never look likely of scoring but look so poor at the back.

Who can get us goals.....?
    Forster seems the likely guy to score just now for us, strikers are on strike.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Forster seems the likely guy to score just now for us, strikers are on strike.
    Is it worth playing players out of position? I always thought murdoch looked quite tall or even boateng maybe they even started as a striker in their youth. Desperate times?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by gegs70 View Post
    Is it worth playing players out of position? I always thought murdoch looked quite tall or even boateng maybe they even started as a striker in their youth. Desperate times?
    murdoch, the keeper, playing up front????

Quote Originally Posted by clerriehibs View Post
    Maybe caution on the safe side and stick Murdoch alongside Williams

and just not have a striker, been like that for months now.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    A win and I'll truly be able to celebrate Hearts (r) going down

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    A win and I'll truly be able to celebrate Hearts (r) going down
    Me too.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Massive game for us, if we can grab the three points it'd be a huge boost for us and would take the wind out the sails of a few of the chasing clubs as well.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Massive game for us, if we can grab the three points it'd be a huge boost for us and would take the wind out the sails of a few of the chasing clubs as well.
    It's Hibs were talking about here though Matty.

Quote Originally Posted by clerriehibs View Post
    Why not....seems as qualified as another striker we have just now!!!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Reaper
    I hope TB goes with two up top. Collins n Heff. We need service and Heff running off Collins. As ICT showed and Hearts, you can get at Aberdeen if you get their centre halfs turning but lumping balls to a solitary striker will be like bread n butter for Anderson and Considine/Reynolds. Tough ask but we need to try n get them on the back foot. No way we can sit deep n resist the pressure for 90mins the way our defence is.

We have a chance they have Considine !, have to go for experience, Heffernan Thompson and Craig on from the start please ?.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    Lets pack the place and create a right good atmosphere. No doubt sheep will bring a decent crowd aswell.
    Good luck with that mate.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

If we actually got our finger out for once, there is no reason we can't get a result.

It'd help if he picks the right team as well.

Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    The way i look at it Partick are the team to target now, win against Aberdeen and Partick need three wins from five games and us to take no further points due to goal difference to overtake us, time to give the team our full backing with a big crowd on Monday.
    Yes Partick are the team i am predicting will be in the play off place however i dont see the Aberdeen or St Mirren games as our key games Partick are away to Kilmarnock then home to St Mirren i cant see them getting a point from either game.
    We need to remain cool even if we loose next 2 games the last 4 games are the most important and we have to play Partick at home if we win that game we are as good as safe.

Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    We have a chance they have Considine !, have to go for experience, Heffernan Thompson and Craig on from the start please ?.
    Got to agree with this, play Craig further forward with Thomson and Taiwo holding midfield,getting tight to Flood who got too much room at ER the iast time.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Good luck with that mate.

Would take a point right now. St Mirren and the Yams are the big ones. Win them and we'll be more than safe :)

GGTTH

Biggest game o the season for us to take the pressure off for the run in

Take a scabby yin nil

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Would take a point right now. St Mirren and the Yams are the big ones. Win them and we'll be more than safe :)

GGTTH
    We have know for the last three games a couple of points would make a difference but TB seems to be lurching from one poor team selection to Another .Bringing Cummings in for one game and dropping him, bringing Heff in for cameo roles then giving him full game then dropping him ,Talking up Harris too quickly then dropping him telling us we won't see him till next season then throws him on again in Derby .Could go on with Handling Craig etc .He is worrying me just now as appears all over the place and think this is affecting squad morale and how he prepares a team for game I have no idea if all they end up doing on match day is getting back four to launch aimless balls to Collins who he dropped ,brought back in again and has stuck with him for work rate not scoring prowess ,hence reliance on defenders getting headed goals from set pieces .. Owen Tudor Jones could be latest player to come in but again he isn't match fit so you would need to give him a few games .Robertson will also need to be accommodated after split as it's clear we have missed him .
    A lot for T B to ponder but he needs to start getting team selection and shape right and hope some key players not just Stanton and Watmore respond as without team pulling together we are soft touch in other teams eyes and that gives them a psychological edge when playing us .we go a goal down and think that's it we can't go on and win the game .Somehow he needs to get a blend of experience and youth playing for the jersey and getting rub of green .
    Come on Hibs we can do this but the talking has to stop it's on the park that counts from here in

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    We have know for the last three games a couple of points would make a difference but TB seems to be lurching from one poor team selection to Another .Bringing Cummings in for one game and dropping him, bringing Heff in for cameo roles then giving him full game then dropping him ,Talking up Harris too quickly then dropping him telling us we won't see him till next season then throws him on again in Derby .Could go on with Handling Craig etc .He is worrying me just now as appears all over the place and think this is affecting squad morale and how he prepares a team for game I have no idea if all they end up doing on match day is getting back four to launch aimless balls to Collins who he dropped ,brought back in again and has stuck with him for work rate not scoring prowess ,hence reliance on defenders getting headed goals from set pieces .. Owen Tudor Jones could be latest player to come in but again he isn't match fit so you would need to give him a few games .Robertson will also need to be accommodated after split as it's clear we have missed him .
    A lot for T B to ponder but he needs to start getting team selection and shape right and hope some key players not just Stanton and Watmore respond as without team pulling together we are soft touch in other teams eyes and that gives them a psychological edge when playing us .we go a goal down and think that's it we can't go on and win the game .Somehow he needs to get a blend of experience and youth playing for the jersey and getting rub of green .
    Come on Hibs we can do this but the talking has to stop it's on the park that counts from here in
    A lot to ponder indeed...

We need 11 players giving their all tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by craigmounthibby View Post
    A lot to ponder indeed...

We need 11 players giving their all tomorrow.
    Here s hoping they rest a few like United did for cup semis next week .if we get in about them they may just not fancy the risk of injury .