hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Butcher receives an apology (Ally Ross)

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...source=dlvr.it

Too little too ****ing late. Once again we get shafted by utterly incompetent officials in a derby. Ridiculous.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    I read that this morning, utterly worthless unless they are going to adjust the score and points retrospectively, which will never happen

Nah, I'm with Butcher on this one.

I think it's huge progress for officials to admit to their mistakes and apologise. It was clearly a poor decision but these offsides (when 2 players are running in opposite directions) can be difficult to call at the time and only look very easy when you get the chance to see it in slow motion repeat several times. Officials are only human and make human mistakes. There's nothing more they can do about it after the event.

I'd like to think that by acting in a dignified manner like in this situation would have a positive impact on the ways referees may behave than getting their backs up by bitching and moaning at them and about them. Which is what I think has happened with Craig Thomson.

That said, these things are meant to even themselves out. With Hearts about to disappear into oblivion for a while it'll be about another 50 years before even the decisions of the past 3 years have evened themselves out.

After all these years im still waiting for things to "even themselves out". Always seems to be us that the big decisions go against in derbies.

I'm happy the officials have admitted it and not done the usual and blanked all questions asked. Yes it's to late but if they can. Recognize their mistakes it may make them better for future games.

Sorry, but an apology for this latest decision does not to really help and in fact suggests that the string of terrible decisions we've had in recent Derbies have somehow been OK. It also implies that this is an isolated case :roll eyes:

Did we receive similar apologies for the string of post-match red cards the Yams have had in recent Derbies ?
    Did we get an apology for the Griffith FK which was at least 4 feet over the line ?

These also affected the outcome of the game.

Finally, the apology should have gone to Hibs and Hibs fans, not Butcher.

Left by mutual consent!
    Trying tae take the heat off for another 'appalling decision' against us in another derby.

Let's see...

David Templeton's assault on McPake at ER

Ryan Stevenson's assault on McPake at Tynie

Black's elbow to Griffiths at Hampden

Suso being fouled outside the box at Hampden

Griffiths brilliant free kick 2 yards over the line at ER

Forster header 5 yards onside at Tynie

You're ****ing right you're sorry.

(thats just the last few years aswell btw)

Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let's see...

Shocking. It's an absolute joke that we are shafted by these jokers in the derby time after time after time. There wasn't even a decision to be made for the Sparky free kick or the Forster goal or the penalty in the final - they were so blatantly clear!

Yes it was a nice gesture by the officials to contact Butcher but yet again their unbelievable incompetance cost us. I agree, they are only human beings and make mistakes just like everybody else but it happens nearly EVERY derby that these huge game changing decisions go against us. Forsters goal came during one of our most dominant spells in the match so if it had stood who knows what could have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSeven View Post
    http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...source=dlvr.it

Too little too ****ing late. Once again we get shafted by utterly incompetent officials in a derby. Ridiculous.
    I am not going to even read it it was an appalling decision with no mitigating circumstances .it shouldn't of happened as he was looking right at it he couldn't of missed that just can't see how that was possible

After all these years im still waiting for things to "even themselves out". Always seems to be us that the big decisions go against in derbies.
    It's ALWAYS been like this mate. As long as I can remember. I just don't think it's realistic, or believable, to put these awful incorrect decisions against Hibs simply down to human error all the time.

Let's see...

It's a List of Shame.

What this doesn't show is the long term effect this has on Hibs/Hearts teams going into Derby matches. The Yams must feel virtually untouchable when they step onto the pitch and they can almost guarantee one or two key decisions to go their way. That's like a 12th man to them. The opposite is the case for Hibs players, thinking they've got to overcome the officials as well as the 11 Yams.

Testimonial Due
    Some Celtc-esque paranoia in this thread.

If the official has held his hands up and apologised, good on him. Mistakes happen, even glaringly awful ones.

Its sumgness on the part of refs to come out and say sorry. 'yeah yeah sorry' anything going to happen no is he going to be banned or docked wages no away and shove your sorry

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post

If the official has held his hands up and apologised, good on him. Mistakes happen, even glaringly awful ones.
    Totally unfair. What we're complaining about is why apologise for this one decision when there have been so many (acknowledged) mistakes by officials. 3 deferred red cards confirms these were wrong decisions. The LG FK was as bad a linesman decision as you'll get.

Apologising for this one is just more inconsistency ... ironic.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vanquinho
    How difficult is it to put another official in a box somewhere in the stadium with radio contact to the referee and a tv to watch replays?

Testimonial Due
    Let's see...

The new year derby 2012, their first goal was well offside and McGowan got a retrospective red for a headbutt on Sproule.

Let's see...

Going back further, let's not forget the Grant Brebner red card which never was.

Although the end outcome was ok!

Quote Originally Posted by hibee62 View Post
    The new year derby 2012, their first goal was well offside and McGowan got a retrospective red for a headbutt on Sproule.
    Almost forgot about that.

What about the Penalty on Riordan at ER not long after he came back which was never given

And Zaliukas trying to swap shirts with Rob Jones at every set piece just after we won the cup.

Thats ok though, because they're sorry now.

The list of unbelievable decisions against us in derbies is truly astonishing. Can we flip this though and try think of big deccisions that have gone against hearts in derbies (be honest) so we can compare. I certainly off the top of my head can't think of a decision thats been as big as the sparky free kick or the Forster goal.

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Must have read that wrong !.....a text message ?!!...a ****ing text ?.....did he not have the balls to phone him ?
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Going back further, let's not forget the Grant Brebner red card which never was.

Although the end outcome was ok!
    Did Gordon not get Dean Sheils sent off by cheating at Tynie in one game, trying to remember the incident

The list of unbelievable decisions against us in derbies is truly astonishing. Can we flip this though and try think of big deccisions that have gone against hearts in derbies (be honest) so we can compare. I certainly off the top of my head can't think of a decision thats been as big as the sparky free kick or the Forster goal.
    They could argue that Murray should have been sent off for re-arranging Rudiolf's eye socket at Tynie. Personally, I thought it was a shocking decision.

To not book him for diving.

I see he had this week off........

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resource...ril%202014.pdf

Don't expect to see him next week either.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post

A hell of an apology, eh? A *****y wee text to Butcher. Big ups for the cheating linesman.

The cheat couldn't do it by voice, in person, or to a wider, Hibby, audience. The guy's a scrote, and his *****y wee text apology doesn't change that one iota.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Fair play, mistakes happen, and its much better they apologise than try to lie their way out of it.

Have they apologised to Hearts as well?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Did Gordon not get Dean Sheils sent off by cheating at Tynie in one game, trying to remember the incident
    Shiels scored a penalty, ran to retrieve the ball, spotty shielded it, Deano ran into him, spotty died, paramedics were on the field with a defibrillator, then called in a helicopter, rushed to hospital, signed off as D.O.A., miraculously woke up in the morgue, slow taxi back to the match, and he finished the match just fine.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by clerriehibs View Post
    A hell of an apology, eh? A *****y wee text to Butcher. Big ups for the cheating linesman.

The cheat couldn't do it by voice, in person, or to a wider, Hibby, audience. The guy's a scrote, and his *****y wee text apology doesn't change that one iota.

Cant think what he'd have to fear by doing it face to face.

I think it is pretty unprecedented for a referee to apologise for a mistake so well done for being man enough to do so.

That said the breaks against us are well beyond a joke, particularly against them, with two inexplicable errors with clear goals disallowed.

The Sparky free kick decision in particular was absolutely inexcusable. It was a set play, therefore the linesman specifically gets into the right position to see these things. I could have understood slightly more if hibs had broke quickly from a play up the other end and the linesman was rushing to get back but to miss something that blatently obvious when you are set up in the right position is absolutely criminal. I still find it astonishing that he never thought it was over the line.

He either never saw it or set himself up properly = incompetant or he DID see it and decided not to give it = cheating. I personally just think it was down to incompetance but either way its an absolute shocker and his status as a top flight official should be questioned. I know human error and all that, and I understand that but that was absolutely ridiculous.