hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds

Is it Zoubir's time to shine?

I have been reading rave reviews over the past few weeks of Zoubirs performances for the under 20's. From what I gather he's been playing in the hole and has been very creative aswel as scoring goals. I think he deserves a run in the first team till the end of the season. Yes he never set the heather on fire when he's been in it, but lets been honest he wasn't terrible either, and has hardly been given a run.

I think a midfield of consisting of Stanton and Zoubir (Cairney also) will provide the creativity we badly need!

Thoughts?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have been reading rave reviews over the past few weeks of Zoubirs performances for the under 20's. From what I gather he's been playing in the hole and has been very creative aswel as scoring goals. I think he deserves a run in the first team till the end of the season. Yes he never set the heather on fire when he's been in it, but lets been honest he wasn't terrible either, and has hardly been given a run.

I think a midfield of consisting of Stanton and Zoubir (Cairney also) will provide the creativity we badly need!

Thoughts?
    He,s pish like the rest of them. What we lack is playing as a team & team spirit.

Thoughts?
    He really is not good enough. Cut our losses with that one for me. Cairney too.

Angry

I was one of the many who wrote Claros off when he came. He ended up being a very good player for us...so it's not impossible that Zoubir could come good.

EDIT: Why is there an angry face in my post?

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Not got it.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    I am not sure. Some players mature later or adapt more slowly. He may just need a goal.

Play him as a striker alongside boateng up front may find out he's a decent forward? Might be worth a try!!!!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    He,s pish like the rest of them. What we lack is playing as a team & team spirit.
    You obviously didn't see him yesterday playing for the under 20's. had a cracking game, playing in the role just behind Cummings. I think this is his best position

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    You obviously didn't see him yesterday playing for the under 20's. had a cracking game, playing in the role just behind Cummings. I think this is his best position
    Yeh he plays more central for u20s. When he plays for the first team he is normally just chucked out on the wing hoping that one of the defenders punts might get near him. Zouby and players like him NEED THE BALL. Terry could do himself a massive favour and watch and learn from the u20s and the way they play football.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Yeh he plays more central for u20s. When he plays for the first team he is normally just chucked out on the wing hoping that one of the defenders punts might get near him. Zouby and players like him NEED THE BALL. Terry could do himself a massive favour and watch and learn from the u20s and the way they play football.
    Yet, there were a couple of posters on here last week saying the U20's don't play football anymore and that Malpas is there instructing them to go long all the time..

Also, Zoubir is never good enough for SPL. After this season I doubt we'll ever hear of him again.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Yet, there were a couple of posters on here last week saying the U20's don't play football anymore and that Malpas is there instructing them to go long all the time..

Also, Zoubir is never good enough for SPL. After this season I doubt we'll ever hear of him again.
    Well that incorrect. Those posters might want to report back from last nights game. I'd have Zouby up front way before Collins.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Shine on you crazy diamond
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

First Team Breakthrough Moon unit's Avatar

Thoughts?
    The current squad have shown time and time again that they have not got the bottle for it . I think we have more chance of gaining points if we played the U 20's squad in the next game!...yes I know folks will say that's madness,but at least they will TRY!..

Zoubir has spent most of his time doing the same trick chopping onto his inside foot from the right wing, and then usually running out of options because everyone else in the team is focussed on hopeful diagonal balls up to a lone striker. There's no way of knowing how good he is because he's never going to fit into the way we currently play.

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Shine on you crazy diamond
    You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom.

I actually think there's a player in there, just a bit too lightweight and lazy. He has bags more talent than some players who do make our starting 11.

Player X hasn't been playing so he must be the answer. Ignore the fact that Player X has been utter pish 97.34% of the time that he's actually been on the pitch.

didnt get why everyone wanted him thrown in when he came. turns out he was murder.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    If anything a player like Zoubir is too good for our main team. I very much doubt huff, puff and hoof is his style. So it's no surprise that the U20s team suits him better.

The wee nyaff wouldnae even get intae mah Subbuteo team, along wi the rest of them

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    If anything a player like Zoubir is too good for our main team. I very much doubt huff, puff and hoof is his style. So it's no surprise that the U20s team suits him better.
    Which team would you say is about Zoubir's level? PSG?

Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member tanfield's Avatar
    I thought he had a decent game against Celtic. has he played since?

Quote Originally Posted by tanfield View Post
    I thought he had a decent game against Celtic. has he played since?
    Nope, he hasn't. I was surprised when he wasn't in the match squad against St Johnstone, after scoring twice for the under 20's that week. It's almost impossible to guess what constitutes getting dropped, or picked again, especially after Harris re-appeared on Sunday, after we were told he would be rested for the remainder of the season.

I don't expect Zoubir will have a part to play in the last 7 games, but I'd be happy he did, if he has a positive impact.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    Which team would you say is about Zoubir's level? PSG?
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    A young Zemmama or Latapy would even look rubbish in the current set up. Playmakers aren't capable of carrying a team, they need good players around them who can keep up with the standard of play.

Zoubir might try something clever, but because the players around him aren't good enough to catch on to the idea, it ultimately fails.

Tell me, does this player really look like crap to you?

Notice that he does things that are clever and they come off for him, because the other players are clever enough to read the play and get into the appropriate positions or make the appropriate runs.

That doesn't happen when he plays for us. Other players aren't reading the play, so anything he tries to do ends up failing.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    A young Zemmama or Latapy would even look rubbish in the current set up. Playmakers aren't capable of carrying a team, they need good players around them who can keep up with the standard of play.

Zoubir might try something clever, but because the players around him aren't good enough to catch on to the idea, it ultimately fails.

Tell me, does this player really look like crap to you?

Notice that he does things that are clever and they come off for him, because the other players are clever enough to read the play and get into the appropriate positions or make the appropriate runs.

That doesn't happen when he plays for us. Other players aren't reading the play, so anything he tries to do ends up failing.
    By definition, playmakers make the plays! You give them the ball and they make something happen. So, actually, in a poor team a playmaker would still look decent enough.

Secondly, a YouTube video isn't proof of a good player. Not even a little bit.

Thirdly, Latapy and Zemmama would absolutely make our team better. Russell Latapy on his own would have taken apart that lot on Sunday. If you really want to make a kind of comparison for Zoubir, maybe lay off Latapy and Zemmama, more apt to go with Yantorno.

@hibs.net private member

I think out of everything - this might be the funniest post of the year so far! A cracker! well done!

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    A young Zemmama or Latapy would even look rubbish in the current set up
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    By definition, playmakers make the plays! You give them the ball and they make something happen. So, actually, in a poor team a playmaker would still look decent enough.

Secondly, a YouTube video isn't proof of a good player. Not even a little bit.

Thirdly, Latapy and Zemmama would absolutely make our team better. Russell Latapy on his own would have taken apart that lot on Sunday. If you really want to make a kind of comparison for Zoubir, maybe lay off Latapy and Zemmama, more apt to go with Yantorno.
    How can a playmaker make something happen, if the players around him aren't getting into the right positions or making the right runs at the right times?

A playmaker isn't a player that does everything by himself. The other players around him need to be capable of reading the play, otherwise the playmaker is just going to get snuffed out when he has no options available to him.

Playmakers need options in order to actually make the play.

Zoubir can't do anything clever on his own, never mind involving other players. Comparing him to Latapy (and Zemmama) is just ridiculous.