hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Suspensions

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar

Suspensions

Maybury & Haynes suspended for Monday, McGivern suspended for 1st game after the split.

http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/suspension-worries-mount-for-hibs-play-off-battle-1-3360038

2. Log in to remove the advert

That is not a blow, especially Big Mac.

Every cloud has a silver lining.

Thats a bonus, I thought Haynes was only out for one game.

Left by mutual consent!
    None of them being out worries me, particularly McGivern on his current woeful showings.

Left by mutual consent!
    None are big losses but the mere fact that Maybury has been playing just shows how stretched the squad is and when this happens it is better to have a full compliment to choose from even if they are all poor. Amoung other things, Fenlon really made an erse of the right back situation this season. He already knew Clancy was injury prone and Maybury was close to finishing so he should have signed a more proven player than Fraser Mullen as back up.

I still don't really know WTF happened in the January window. What a waste of time the signings of Haynes and in particular Boeteng have been. We have been unfortunate with Watmore being injured but even if he had played every game, one young player is never going to make a difference on his own. The squad needed freshened with a couple of experienced players and we still had a top 6 place and the Scottish cup to go for when the window ended. It just showed a complete lack of ambition and disregard for the rest of this season which may yet bite us on the bum big style. It is almost as if folk at the club thought "if we get top 6 fine, cup run great but we're not going to bust our balls chasing it". I suspect it was thought that we could do it with a couple of loanees and if we didn't the worst we would get would have been top end of the bottom 6 mediocraty. Doubt they bargained for a play off fight.

I have read that there was money but Butcher wanted to keep it for the summer. Maybe he thought the loanees would be enough but it just doesn't sit right with me. Terry seems like an ambitious guy and surely he would have wanted to get a couple in. I honestly think he wanted Rooney and the board just hasn't backed him enough. Maybe they couldn't. Maybe there wasn't the money there but tat sort of signing would have I am sure made the outlay back in time. How much money has not making that sort of signing lost us in terms of not making top 6, cup run and dwindling crowds and, if we were to go down, the decisions made in January are nothing short of disasterous.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sea-gull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    None are big losses but the mere fact that Maybury has been playing just shows how stretched the squad is and when this happens it is better to have a full compliment to choose from even if they are all poor. Amoung other things, Fenlon really made an erse of the right back situation this season. He already knew Clancy was injury prone and Maybury was close to finishing so he is should have signed a more proven player than Fraser Mullen as back up.

I still don't really know WTF happened in the January window. What a waste of time the signings of Haynes and in particular Boeteng have been. We have been unfortunate with Watmore being injured but even if he had played every game, one young player is never going to make a difference on his own. The squad needed freshened with a couple of experienced players and we still had a top 6 place and the Scottish cup to go for when the window ended. It just showed a complete lack of ambition and disregard for the rest of this season which may yet bite us on the bum big style. It is almost as if folk at the club thought "if we get top 6 fine, cup run great but we're not going to bust our balls chasing it". I suspect it was thought that we could do it with a couple of loanees and if we didn't the worst we would get would have been top end of the bottom 6 mediocraty. Doubt they bargained for a play off fight.

I have read that there was money but Butcher wanted to keep it for the summer. Maybe he thought the loanees would be enough but it just doesn't sit right with me. Terry seems like an ambitious guy and surely he would have wanted to get a couple in. I honestly think he wanted Rooney and the board just hasn't backed him enough. Maybe they couldn't. Maybe there wasn't the money there but tat sort of signing would have I am sure made the outlay back in time. How much money has not making that sort of signing lost us in terms of not making top 6, cup run and dwindling crowds and, if we were to go down, the decisions made in January are nothing short of disasterous.
    Was it not more that the players he wanted he couldn't get either injured or their form improved? Although we lost out on Rooney as he didn't want a loan deal!!

The budget was gone for this season due to Fenlon and also compensation to inverness. There was nothing left in the tin to get better in and unfortunately that's the reality

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    The budget was gone for this season due to Fenlon and also compensation to inverness. There was nothing left in the tin to get better in and unfortunately that's the reality
    as the money was squandered by and on colin deadwood the time before. Mair money wasted paying for Petrie's mistakes and repeated mistakes.

If only we could have had another 6 or 7 out, we might have been able to get the next couple of games called off!

Totally agree. My point was more the fact that butcher should not be judged on his January signings as his hands were tied tighter than recent managers in the January windows

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    If only we could have had another 6 or 7 out, we might have been able to get the next couple of games called off!
    If we had another 6 or 7 out Butcher could play the youngsters. At least they'd try.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Good news.

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    Don't particularly want to see McGivern again.

Chuck boetang or gardiner in there. Even big jones at CH and Lewis at Lb.

"Kommen sie bitte und listen to Kraftwerk!"
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

Left by mutual consent!
    We might just see Baptie and Black sooner than we think then.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    Maybury & Haynes suspended for Monday, McGivern suspended for 1st game after the split.

http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/...ttle-1-3360038
    No great loss any of them. Our U20s are top of their league. Give one or two of them a chance.

Slightly miffed McGivern is only banned for 1 match...he is just awful

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hope youngsters get and take their chance and I never have to see McGivern play for my club again.

Given the poor displays since the turn of the year I can't believe Butcher hasn't already given some of these young guys a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by gegs70 View Post
    Was it not more that the players he wanted he couldn't get either injured or their form improved? Although we lost out on Rooney as he didn't want a loan deal!!
    Murphy suddenly came on to a game with Sheff Utd as soon as it was leaked we were after him - as for Rooney - a loan doesn't show as much faith as Aberdeen weighing in with a 2.5 year deal does it?
    The wage costs of the three Jan loans would have been better spent trying to get one of the young lads from Falkirk. It's a difficult window but not a particularly inspiring start from wonder scout Marsella... Hopefully, we have a few lined up for the summer.