hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How much more can hibs let you down?

This list can go on for ages but we have lost 3 times this season to the worst hearts team in about 30 years.

We are toothless, spineless, gutless and I'm am sick of seeing a big hibs support let down time after time after time.

Why is it a hearts team are always up for it more than us.?

A massive rebuild is needed but we must have players who don't capitulate under pressure

2. Log in to remove the advert

Having been a fan for over 40 years, the answers plenty!
    with the few and far between high spots!

Why should anyone be surprised about todays result?

Ever since this was labelled as the "relegation derby" and an occasion for Hibs fans to celebrate, the outcome was more predictable than Christmas falling on 25th December.

Let's face it, whatever the team the two clubs put on the park I'm afraid to say Hearts have always had the more confident and arrogant approach.

On the other hand Hibs have a steadily growing reputation for blowing the big matches big time whether it be Cup Finals, European ties or local derbies. The supporters have been kicked in the teeth umpteen times and I actually find it hard to get excited about the club anymore because the outcomes are always so easy to forecast.

The club are an utter embarrassment and I have even started thinking there must be some sort of hoodoo because the results never improve no matter who the manager is or which players are on the park.

Whilst I have no time for deluded Hearts fans I have the utmost admiration for the Hearts players who always play out of their skins whenever they play us and who would not be getting relegated if they could play us every week.

I don't think Hibs have ever advertised a fixture for a Sunday by mistake when it should be a Saturday and the fans have turned up to find the game had already been played.

But that's about all I can think of.

What bigger incentive did Hearts need today than to spoil our 'party'? It's like when we announced we'd parade the Cis cup after the next derby. From that moment on Hearts were certs to win.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Ever since this was labelled as the "relegation derby" and an occasion for Hibs fans to celebrate, the outcome was more predictable than Christmas falling on 25th December.

Let's face it, whatever the team the two clubs put on the park I'm afraid to say Hearts have always had the more confident and arrogant approach.

On the other hand Hibs have a steadily growing reputation for blowing the big matches big time whether it be Cup Finals, European ties or local derbies. The supporters have been kicked in the teeth umpteen times and I actually find it hard to get excited about the club anymore because the outcomes are always so easy to forecast.

The club are an utter embarrassment and I have even started thinking there must be some sort of hoodoo because the results never improve no matter who the manager is or which players are on the park.

Whilst I have no time for deluded Hearts fans I have the utmost admiration for the Hearts players who always play out of their skins whenever they play us and who would not be getting relegated if they could play us every week.
    Right on the money, take nae pleasure in saying I knew the current wearers of our teams jerseys would get beat today, another appalling linesmans decision but the yam were more up for it and did what they always do.
    Last edited by Bostonhibby; 30-03-2014 at 05:45 PM.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Coaching Staff

This Hearts absolutely deserved their win today and the plaudits they will get. It's a real real shame that Hibs TV don't allow supporters into HTC to let the players hear how much they have let everyone down this season - and film it for everyone to see. Players have been shameless, they need to feel ashamed. And they need to know that playing for Hibs (or any club) is more than just a means to pay the bills and get a wee WAG.

Hibernian need to develop an arrogant streak, a 'must win at all costs' attitude, and get rid of soft touch employees who take a petted lip when a big lad from the stands call them a nasty name. They need to be ruthless and selfish, and more importantly have a fierce professional pride.

That is what wins games, and games of importance - our lads will now tweet about their coffee club, their crappy wee car they go to training in and maybe post photos of Tam looking funny in a Hibs kit.

If the players are looking in, and they do - how about for 6 games you become absolutely consumed with your profession, take pride in your performance, have a ruthless appetite for victory and walk out that tunnel knowing that today you are going to win because you are better than them.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    This Hearts absolutely deserved their win today and the plaudits they will get. It's a real real shame that Hibs TV don't allow supporters into HTC to let the players hear how much they have let everyone down this season - and film it for everyone to see. Players have been shameless, they need to feel ashamed. And they need to know that playing for Hibs (or any club) is more than just a means to pay the bills and get a wee WAG.

Hibernian need to develop an arrogant streak, a 'must win at all costs' attitude, and get rid of soft touch employees who take a petted lip when a big lad from the stands call them a nasty name. They need to be ruthless and selfish, and more importantly have a fierce professional pride.

That is what wins games, and games of importance - our lads will now tweet about their coffee club, their crappy wee car they go to training in and maybe post photos of Tam looking funny in a Hibs kit.

If the players are looking in, and they do - how about for 6 games you become absolutely consumed with your profession, take pride in your performance, have a ruthless appetite for victory and walk out that tunnel knowing that today you are going to win because you are better than them.
    Absolutely. Never mind the manager, chairman or owner it's the players who have been cheating us all yet again.

Having watched today's game it's clear since the CIS cup win in 2007 that we are close to falling into an abyss. It's a bit like Groundhog Day but with managers. Get one in he brings in crap gets sacked, next manager wants to bring his own players in, all crap and them is sacked and so on and so firth.

I think JC1 hit the nail on the head with regards to quality over quantity. Instead of adding to a team with one or two it's been 8 or 9 constantly and it's usually been the dregs.

This now has to stop and Petrie must now go out and get Butchers top targets not wait until an hour before the window slams shut.

We are in trouble and big time. I don't think we will finish 11th but it will be close.

Spot on mate. Totally agree. The question nobody can answer, to the points you make, is quite simply "why"?

I honestly think the whole club is terrified of Hearts.

The thing is it must be reversible. The McLeish, Sauzee, Latapy et al team seemed to be able to get one over on them. And they were our bitches throughout the 60s and 70s but they managed to turn it around in the 80s to the present day so it's doable.

We need to start treating games against them like they do against us. Their whole season revolves around beating us, we seem to treat beating them as a pleasant bonus.

Hibs have let us down in this fixture long enough. We need to get the whole mindset sorted before we have to play them regularly again.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    They let us down every ****ing time we're desperate to win a game. I'm sick and tired of it. This is a Hearts team filled with kids due to their financial crisis, and yet still they own us. Even now, in their darkest hour, they know the Edinburgh derby will give them something to celebrate. Our lack of backbone against them is utterly shameful and unacceptable. I cant believe they blew it once again when it really matters. I'm totally scunnered with the whole thing, and can't see a way out as things stand.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Pretty much agree with all of this TBH. I said last week to my mate that we were gonna get beat because hibs more often than not bottle it on the big occassions. Whenever there is an opportunity to do something special, we blow it. Like you say, no matter what team hearts have, they always seem to have far more desire in derbies than us and rise to the occassion.

We've been let down on countless occassions, same old story, the fans do their bit to back the team and continuously turn up in big numbers but we are usually dissappointed.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Teams don't defeat us. We defeat ourselves.

That's what it feels like.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSeven View Post
    Pretty much agree with all of this TBH. I said last week to my mate that we were gonna get beat because hibs more often than not bottle it on the big occassions. Whenever there is an opportunity to do something special, we blow it. Like you say, no matter what team hearts have, they always seem to have far more desire in derbies than us and rise to the occassion.

We've been let down on countless occassions, same old story, the fans do their bit to back the team and continuously turn up in big numbers but we are usually dissappointed.
    We rarely win derbies that matter.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

The thing is it must be reversible. The McLeish, Sauzee, Latapy et al team seemed to be able to get one over on them. And they were our bitches throughout the 60s and 70s but they managed to turn it around in the 80s to the present day so it's doable.

We need to start treating games against them like they do against us. Their whole season revolves around beating us, we seem to treat beating them as a pleasant bonus.

Hibs have let us down in this fixture long enough. We need to get the whole mindset sorted before we have to play them regularly again.
    You look at the good sides you mention and what is the word that shines through ? Character should be right at the top PB.

Looking at that side today, go through them all one by one. Williams, quite a quiet lad, you see him get animated when we concede a goal but you don't really hear him or see him in a game. Maybury - nice guy Alan, a 'dependable'. Do you hear him constantly lead the defence forward, organise with some authority ? Nelson........ahhh the nickname 'Admiral' I'm afraid correctly describes his authority being more like the butterfly not the naval version. And Ryan McGivern.......a lad you can see because of his bleached hair, not his firce determination to win games, headers and tackles - Suazee, Laursen, Hughes, Fenwick........each one winners in a few senses of the word. Unafraid too.

Then our midfield.....Tom and Lewis.......again, you'd vote for them if they were on X Factor as they have that boyish charm. Neither though have that arrogance and authority a midfielder needs and alas not so young Lewis is now a player who has had 7 years of engrained mediocrity, yet he is our most consistent player - that sums Hibs up in a player. Tries very hard, always there when you call upon him, but doesn't truly offer much at the business end. John O'Neil and Archie Lovell......Tom and Lewis.......there frankly is no comparison.

Collins or Mixu..........the only thing they have in common is size of shorts. You saw raw, passionate, uncut emotion in Mixu in every game and the love of scoring goals against them. Collins plays with the head down, world on his shoulders and like a chastised boy not wanting to play anymore.

We have weak players, weak minded, used to losing football matches - so why expect them to become instant winners.

Years of managerial upheaval, poor investment, terrible signing policy, and meagre contracts have seen us fall to where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

don't worry P boy they won't be around much longer anyway

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Absolutely. Never mind the manager, chairman or owner it's the players who have been cheating us all yet again.
    Have the players decided on the worst ever tactic of hoofball

Naw that is the managers decision

Feel sorry for young Stanton ..... The ball just kept flying over his head. The few occasions he got the ball to feet in the middle of the park he drove forward but nobody showed for him

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    It's just another typical Hibs derby performance. Just embarrassing how we've lost 3 times to the s****** Hearts team in living memory is something that I can't get my head around.

Well said! I agree with all the points you make. I too thought this might happen as the supporters where way too sure of this "relegation" thing.

Id have loved to see them well and truly beaten and relegated by us, i really would have but we should have been concentrating on getting the points to save off the situation we are now in.

Post after post on here is wailing and moaning but have only their selves to blame......

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertK86 View Post

Feel sorry for young Stanton ..... The ball just kept flying over his head. The few occasions he got the ball to feet in the middle of the park he drove forward but nobody showed for him
    Nelson must have launched it about 100 times today,they really need to cut it out,if your not under pressure pass it

They would be in the top six by now if they could have played us every week.

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertK86 View Post

I don't think it is a tactic. I think our back four are incapable of finding our midfield and lack the confidence or ability to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    We rarely win derbies AT ALL. Don't know what it is but our bottle always crashes.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I don't think they could in all honesty.

Every hurdle we come to we crash right into it, we don't even try to jump.

Today just sums it up. Anyone using hearts demise to cover up the pathetic state our club is in needs a ****ing shake.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NumberSeven View Post
    We rarely win derbies AT ALL. Don't know what it is but our bottle always crashes.
    Every derby matters and we rarely win any of them.

I think Hearts have a burning passion throughout their club at every level to see us crushed and defeated.

Where as with us, it's only the fans that are bothered. The club just aren't bothered and treat it like any other game.

Left by mutual consent!
    We should have been taking them down today and sticking knife in their back, what occured is they are still going down but booted us right in the baws on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    Post after post on here is wailing and moaning but have only their selves to blame......
    Fans fault again? Sorry, but, GTF with that nonsense.

Stood there freezing today, regret not spending day with my son and family instead. Won't make that mistake ever again.
    Not fussed if I never see hibs again tbh.

However imho this is also the s@@@@#t hibs team in living memory and I mean that...its not just the pain of derby defeat talking

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk