hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Does butcher know what he's doing?

It doesn't look like it from the stands.

No tactics, poor team selection, time wasting substitutions.

What is he actually doing at training?

Hoof!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    His win and loss percentage after 21 games is identical to Calderwood's tenure

Win 24% loss 43%

We were worth a point today, though the outcome was depressingly predictable.
    Last edited by Stevie Reid; 30-03-2014 at 02:33 PM.

I am seriously worried.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    He is a second rate manager who has us playing like a team from the second rate Championship. That looks like his level sadly.

I'm sorry these players have a lot to answer for as well as Butcher.

The whole lot management and players are cowards.

4 wins in 19.

He seemed to suggest he thought the system today was good. Quite unbelievable.

I'm not going to write him off but he needs to get us over the finishing line safe this season and then start next season well or he'll quickly lose support. It's a sad fact but the longer this '7 year itch' goes on the less time each new manager will get.

"Remind me Maurice, how many games have we been playing the long ball to Collins without it working at all?"

"Erm, about 20, Terry".

"OK let's do that again this week, then."

Wrong team selection. Just play your best bloody players.

Why have Heffernan on the bench today? What possible circumstance was he waiting for? Great SPL scoring record, great scoring record at Tynie, came off the bench against Motherwell and scored - not worth the last 5 when a goal down? Ridiculous

He needs time, I hope so but tbh I'm beginning to wonder.
    From an untested source who knows mm they've been promised cash to spend in the summer

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by b.h.f.c View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    wrong team selection. Just play your best bloody players.
    agreed!

Getting seriously p155ed off with Butcher, so far we have gone backwards.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Another f'n useless manager, get someone in who actually gives a ****!

First Team Breakthrough churchie16's Avatar
    Doesn't know what tactics to play the long ball to collins now is beyond a joke ronaldo would be sick of that never mind collins!

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    I have a feeling that Butcher will walk away before the end of the season. The sooner the better in my opinion.
    He has done the impossible and made a bad team worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Booked4Being-Ugly View Post
    Another f'n useless manager, get someone in who actually gives a ****!
    That's the ticket. The next one will be much better.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    I have a feeling that Butcher will walk away before the end of the season. The sooner the better in my opinion.
    He has done the impossible and made a bad team worse.
    Been wondering that myself, but I hope not. If we survive in the SPFL then everything depends on what happens in the transfer window.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Wrong team selection. Just play your best bloody players.
    Sadly the minute I saw the confirmed 11 I posted the same - we should have gone there with absolute intent, played 3 up front, Heffernan, Cummings and Watmore.....then a solid midfield of Stanton, Thomson and Stevenson, with Black in at right back and Baptie in at left back.

McGivern has been awful last 10 games and posts missing causing goals against. Maybury would have been nowhere near up to speed.

How can any manager go to Tynecastle, knowing what could be claimed, and play one under performing striker up front ?? It beggars belief, seriously. Fenlon did the same. It's McGowan and Wilson there, not Puyol and Ramos .

Well played Hearts though....yet again in a derby that mattered (they all do of course) they stood up and were counted. Got to hand it to them really. Hibs eleven green bottlers quite simply did what we all now come to expect

Wonder where Rod is just now...................................probably not caring

Quote Originally Posted by churchie16 View Post
    Doesn't know what tactics to play the long ball to collins now is beyond a joke ronaldo would be sick of that never mind collins!
    I agree, Collins gets a load of stick and should have put that shot on target but it was his only chance laid up to him of the whole 90 minutes. Anyone who's played sport will know how hard it is to keep composure with low confidence and being knackered from busting a gut chasing endless wayward balls. I'd like to see Collins in a team built to provide for him before he leaves.

Far from impressed, we've gone from merely dire to shabolic crisis. The football is utterly *****, no attempt to try and pass the ball. Nelson and Collins are like a recurring nightmare, utterly devoid of ability.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    His win and loss percentage after 21 games is identical to Calderwood's tenure

Win 24% loss 43%

We were worth a point today, though the outcome was depressingly predictable.
    So we have actually went backwards since Fenlon left his biggest mistake was lambasting the players some will know they do not feature in his plans for next year and clearly are not tying a leg for him. We need to get to the end of the season re group and let Terry bring in his new players in the Summer so we can build a new team for next season.

I watched the game today dumbstruck, what is going on at ER? Something is VERY wrong, and whether it is Terry's management or the players can't play under him- we the fans need to know.
    Now, players don't get worse so something is going on. I wish someone would let us know.

I'll always be a Hibs fan but I'm loosing the will to live watching this latest cr*p on show. I need to know it will get better.

@hibs.net private member
    The players need to take a bit of responsibility here.

He wrote off some of the better quality players in this squad a long time ago, and it's cost us.

The last time we had a wee bit of momentum going was after we drew with Killie and beat Ross County, with Taiwo and Stanton in midfield - we weren't brilliant, but played some decent stuff and created things in the final third. Then he brought Craig back in against Dundee Utd and everything fell apart again.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HH_MYB View Post
    That's the ticket. The next one will be much better.
    If he gives a **** he sure will be.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Why have Heffernan on the bench today? What possible circumstance was he waiting for? Great SPL scoring record, great scoring record at Tynie, came off the bench against Motherwell and scored - not worth the last 5 when a goal down? Ridiculous
    For a manager who places importance on self belief and positivity, all this week there should have been daily soundbites like what you describe.....'we won here last year and it was terrific', 'they've beaten us one in six in the league', 'Paul has a great record here scoring goals'........'would be great for the fans to relegate their rivals'.

There wasn't a peep out of Terry, not a peep. There are problems in the dressing room, no doubt at all.

His interview with Chick before the game sounded like Tony's before the 4-0 semi - he sounded beaten, a little lost, negative and to be honest he sounded worried.

Contrast to Locke who came on and sounded upbeat, nothing to lose, and jovial.

Like I said last week, the sombre tones of Rod permeate down the way and into the fabric of the club. We need a Steven Thompson type who lives and breathes football and his club and who has an energy and an emotional streak that unites not divides. Any conflict with authority, Thompson is straight onto the media standing up for his team and fans. Any time he is asked for an interview, he is up front and media friendly.

Rod hides. Hides and now and again treats the fans with contempt be coming out with written statements, not recorded/live ones, asking for patience/time/support and MONEY

Literally taking the you know what out of the fans - and he is now not getting any more money from my little stash of cash until he goes. My mind is made up sadly.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Fish View Post
    He needs time, I hope so but tbh I'm beginning to wonder.
    From an untested source who knows mm they've been promised cash to spend in the summer
    He needs time agreed, after today 3 years in effin Saughton.

Needs time but has clearly lost the dressing room publicly slating the senior players then bringing them back in the latter weeks.

I fear our only hope is the teams below us not picking up points.

The irony is, given the fixtures, hearts may well put us in the relegation play off.

we cannot keep changing managers,the problem is rotten players who have been told by Butcher that there will be a clearout in the summer who are now not really giving a monkeys.
    today sadly does not surprise me,they have unity we dont,simples.

Butcher should play the kids from now on in

It's maybe just as well I couldn't make it to the PBS today. I'm absolutely gutted by the result and very concerned about our position in the table. I really hope Collins goes in the summer!