hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hibs Next Chairman?

Not as easy as Hibs next manager huh? Or Hibs next goalkeeper.
    who do you want as our next Chairman/woman/person?

I haven't a clue myself.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Mad Valor Vim Iron,might be a struggle though.

Chairmen can only make a club a success if they are backed by an owner with a burning passion to see the club succeed. Without that it doesn't matter who the chairman is. It might as well be me.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE BOVRIL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Chairmen can only make a club a success if they are backed by an owner with a burning passion to see the club succeed. Without that it doesn't matter who the chairman is. It might as well be me.

Serious question !
    Your point is ?

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jdships View Post
    Serious question !
    Your point is ?

I think he's saying the wrong question is being asked here.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE BOVRIL View Post
    I disagree, in fact I think a "dis-interested" owner gives the chairman carte-blanche to be as ambitious as he/she likes, they just have to be able to fund the ambition through income generated.

If you have someone at the top (not the owner) who can get their finance people to bring in more money and cut the right costs, and get their customer service people to get more people to enjoy better service,and in doing so fund their football people to deliver better football results, then they will (eventually) realise their ambition.

The owner can just sit back and watch in that scenario.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I disagree, in fact I think a "dis-interested" owner gives the chairman carte-blanche to be as ambitious as he/she likes, they just have to be able to fund the ambition through income generated.

If you have someone at the top (not the owner) who can get their finance people to bring in more money and cut the right costs, and get their customer service people to get more people to enjoy better service,and in doing so fund their football people to deliver better football results, then they will (eventually) realise their ambition.

Word of the week
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Agree with what you write
    For so many football club "owners" the club is a play thing /ego trip .
    The buck stops totally with the Chairman .
    I know the owner of a Conference League team who are dong very well at this time . He bought the club for around £30,000 has little or no money to put into it but the Chairman/Board , who own between them 19% of the shares, has worked wonders with raising sponsorship/funding based on the " community club " take .
    The owner seriously looks on the club as somewhere nice to go on a Saturday afternoon and it helps to lift his profile locally !!!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post

I haven't a clue myself.

If it's going to make as much difference as replacing the manager I don't really care! Christ with a new chairman we'll be expecting Champions League.

I haven't a clue myself.
    Chairman of the Board Give me just a little more time .Great single from 70 s

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar

I haven't a clue myself.
    Had anyone ever heard of any of our chairman before they took the helm at Hibs ?
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

I personally believe the right candidate is already at the club - if Rod could but see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogs43 View Post
    I personally believe the right candidate is already at the club - if Rod could but see it.
    Maybe you should give Rod a hint G?
    This is how it feels

First Team Breakthrough
    Who's that and why...?

Agreed x 1000.

If Hibs were playing good entertaining football, sitting near the top of the league, threatening to win trophies, playing in front of crowds of 14 or 15 thousand, and signing or bringing through quality players who were moving up in the game and could be sold on at a profit, we wouldn't need 'bailing out' and we'd have no need of a sugar daddy to dip into his own pocket to do it.

In answer to the OP, (IMHO of course) the issue about the next chairman is one of the worst indictments of Rod's tenure. After twenty years at the helm, there appears to be a total vacuum as far as the succession is concerned.
    Last edited by Nailrod; 24-03-2014 at 04:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Had anyone ever heard of any of our chairman before they took the helm at Hibs ?
    Yep, Tom O'Malley. He was my Head Teacher at school.

Quote Originally Posted by jdships View Post
    Serious question !
    Your point is ?
    There is not one.

That seems to have worked in the last twenty years.

Who is that ?

Do we have to reach complete failure before a chairman steps aside?
    I think it's maybe gone stale a while ago and we're now seeing the effects.Just a guess.

I think it's maybe gone stale a while ago and we're now seeing the effects.Just a guess.
    Like most things in life there needs to be recognition of the issue before the incumbent can make it better. The character of the Club reflects the leader and the staff who work there. Rod needs help and challenge from his board, there is at least one organisational expert there. He needs to listen and make positive changes. Everyone I have talked to who have left talks about the negative culture within the Club. Ultimately if there is continued failure then the only way to change the culture is to change the people.

Another bottom six finish and a manager telling us we are in a relegation fight. If that is not a clear signal to the Chairman and the Board, nothing is.

Rod's role as a billy big boots in the SFA is obviously dependent on his position as Chairman at Hibs. He ain't going anywhere soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nailrod View Post
    Rod's role as a billy big boots in the SFA is obviously dependent on his position as Chairman at Hibs. He ain't going anywhere soon.
    He isnt going anywhere because Tom Farmer dosent want him to. Simple as that and diddly squat to do with the SFA or anyone else.
    Last edited by The Falcon; 24-03-2014 at 07:08 AM.

Well the conclusion i'm coming to(imo) is that it has to be the peope running the club draining something(confidence or whatever) from the Employees.These are all players/managers who seem to have hit their lowest form whilst at Us, and it seems to have happened to a great number of people.
    So time for a change at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by The Falcon View Post
    He isnt going anywhere because Tom Farmer dosent want him to. Simple as that and diddly squat to with the SFA or anyone else.
    Farmer can't force him into staying, any more than he can force me into turning up to watch a match.

Petrie stays because he chooses to stay. And IMHO he chooses to stay not for any benefit that he brings to Hibs, but because he likes being a big shot in the SFA. Any man of integrity who had presided over seven years of abject failure, as he has done, wouldn't need to be forced out.

He isnt going anywhere because Tom Farmer dosent want him to. Simple as that and diddly squat to with the SFA or anyone else.
    He is protecting the major shareholders investment - or put another way keeping the coat off an expensive shoogly nail - and you can't blame him for that as he has done a great job. The one fundamental difference here is that the other businesses in the portfolio aim for customer delight as well as being well run. Football is an emotional as well as a rational business. The emotional intelligence here is non existent.

As to the SFA, one of the key criteria appears to be that only officials from smaller teams appear to gain high office. Perhaps there is a connection here! I am also being told (and no it is not my brother who knows the cleaner of someone who works in the garage that services the Chief Executive's car) that his stock is reducing among key teams in the Association.

Quote Originally Posted by oregonhibby View Post
    He is protecting the major shareholders investment - or put another way keeping the coat off an expensive shoogly nail - and you can't blame him for that as he has done a great job. The one fundamental difference here is that the other businesses in the portfolio aim for customer delight as well as being well run. Football is an emotional as well as a rational business. The emotional intelligence here is non existent.
    He is very unlikely to get back what he has put in IMO so protectng him from further losses may be more accurate.

I think the next Chairman is sitting on the Board now.

What circumstances would complete failure be ?

He isnt going anywhere because Tom Farmer dosent want him to. Simple as that and diddly squat to do with the SFA or anyone else.
    Nail on the head.

Well the conclusion i'm coming to(imo) is that it has to be the peope running the club draining something(confidence or whatever) from the Employees.These are all players/managers who seem to have hit their lowest form whilst at Us, and it seems to have happened to a great number of people.
    So time for a change at the top.
    Could you bell Sir Tom an tell him please ?

I haven't a clue myself.
    I nominate Nae Bovril as the next chairman, he kind o volunteered!

Don't know who would replace Rod but for me it's definitely time for a change. He has his strengths and weaknesses like anyone, I just think when you've been there as long as he has you need to change it to keep it fresh. Trouble is I don't think he can see that.

Complete failure to me would be finishing 11th this year or fighting relegatation for the next couple of seasons.
    Imo