hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Manager...Defence

Why with all the managers we have had over the years cant any of them sort out our defensive problems....SHOCKING

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    I said it in another thread, the manager is just the face.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does it fit?

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    This is it.

The rot has long set in at the club.

If Mourinho or Ferguson were having to make do with the likes of Nelson and McGivern, they wouldn't be able to fix their defence out either.
    Last edited by Beefster; 22-03-2014 at 03:43 PM.

But for some reason we have had this problem for years with all different players...its getting ridiculous now.

Quote Originally Posted by greenforgo View Post
    But for some reason we have had this problem for years with all different players...its getting ridiculous now.
    That's my point. We have a problem that no new manager or set of players can fix.

That's my point. We have a problem that no new manager or set of players can fix.
    What is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    If Mourinho or Ferguson were having to make do with the likes of Nelson and McGivern, they wouldn't be able to fix their defence out either.
    I refuse to believe that Nelson or McGivern are bad footballers, McGivern in particular I've seen play very well before. There's something wrong at our club - it's not at playing level or with the manager, I firmly believe that. We need to change the culture at our club overall IMO.

It has to be an attitude issue amongst the players which is why we MUST empty 90 per cent of them and start again. What else could it be?

Quote Originally Posted by RicheyWhite View Post
    What is it?
    If I knew, i'd gladly share it with all of you.

But i'm sure you know yourself that a new set of players still won't change anything. It never does.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Decent players seems to come to our club and then come down to level we already have rather than the existing players taking a thought and, fearing for their places, get the finger out.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnifique View Post
    It has to be an attitude issue amongst the players which is why we MUST empty 90 per cent of them and start again. What else could it be?
    And what keeps causing attitude problems at the club despite several changes in personnel on the pitch?

But it doesn't matter who we bring in and how many clear outs we have, the attitudes still stink. Isn't it possible that there's an attitude problem futher up in the club and thats somehow rubbing off onto the players themselves?

But it doesn't matter who we bring in and how many clear outs we have, the attitudes still stink. Isn't it possible that there's an attitude problem futher up in the club and thats somehow rubbing off onto the players themselves?

Yes possibly but who? Why has nobody identified the problem.

I think the attitude is a player thing, I think it has been ongoing for years and a succession of managers hasn't sorted it out so it goes from squad to squad. That is why I would empty the Lot of them except Stanton and maybe Harris but the rest get them oot

I seriously don't think we will win another game this season.

As I've said with Butcher, a commanding center half in his day simply cannot seem to get any response with his knowledge yet continues to play these duds, get them to **** next week and get the youngsters in at the back, surely cannot be any worse than this garbage.

Oh well no tin on now...

I think the attitude is a player thing, I think it has been ongoing for years and a succession of managers hasn't sorted it out so it goes from squad to squad. That is why I would empty the Lot of them except Stanton and maybe Harris but the rest get them oot
    And then the problem would still continue. You're not looking high up enough.

Because nobody knows without a shadow of a doubt exactly what the problem is. But if you make any suggestions on here as to what you think it may be, you get shot down in flames.

The fact that every manager that has come through the door over the past several years has failed to change the attitude, would suggest that they too are suffering from the same infection.

Why with all the managers we have had over the years cant any of them sort out our defensive problems....SHOCKING
    Why pick on the defence. We are shambolic in every area of the park. We are not safe yet and on current form I think we are the worst team in the league. I don,t think the current set of players can lift themselves and get out of this rut so it's possible we won't win another game this season. Too many know they will be gone at the end of the season and it shows on the park. I wasn't at the game today but it sounded like more of the same. Now we have a derby to look forward to with the two worst teams in the league. Nobody can be confident of a result, that's for sure.

Coaching Staff
    How many top 6 sides play a centre half at right back ? There my friend is your answer - shambles of a signing window in summer and in January hence we now shuffle a rotten pack of dud cards.

Still, the Boardroom was like a 'war bunker' according to Terry - Petrie saving his ammo until the very last minute then realising there's no decent target to aim for !

Hibs = unambitious = more concerned with

Coaching Staff
    More concerned with survival....

Left by mutual consent!
    Because nobody knows without a shadow of a doubt exactly what the problem is. But if you make any suggestions on here as to what you think it may be, you get shot down in flames.

The fact that every manager that has come through the door over the past several years has failed to change the attitude, would suggest that they too are suffering from the same infection.
    Is that infection called the Malaise?

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    How many top 6 sides play a centre half at right back ? There my friend is your answer - shambles of a signing window in summer and in January hence we now shuffle a rotten pack of dud cards.

Still, the Boardroom was like a 'war bunker' according to Terry - Petrie saving his ammo until the very last minute then realising there's no decent target to aim for !

Hibs = unambitious = more concerned with
    I thought that everyone was calling for Forster to be moved to RB on here for a while and also that he reminded people of Whittaker in the first few games under TB.

Testimonial Due
    Possibly because good defenders don't come cheap and we won't go the extra mile to pay for one

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I thought that everyone was calling for Forster to be moved to RB on here for a while and also that he reminded people of Whittaker in the first few games under TB.
    He's the best centre half at the club, has been for 2 years even when not in first team - that says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    It's strange. With just about every manager that has came in, the players have stepped up for several games and got good results in the process. Then they hit that dreaded brick wall, where 1 loss becomes a series of losses.

It's like a manager can come in and get the best out of them for a few games. Then thats basically it, we're rubbish from then on, until another manager comes in and gets the best out of them for 3 or 4 games.

Left by mutual consent!
    The way I see it regardless of how good or bad the squad is Fenlon failed to get results with them. If a new manager comes in who the point in bringing in is better than what we had I expect if he is better even with this squad to actually prove this by getting some better results, I am not expecting a 10 game winning streak but I expect some improvement.

If he is a better manager he should with the same players get some better results and for me it is pretty much more of the same 2 wins this year. When Fenlon took over from CC I didnt really see anything special and it turned out he didnt really do much.

I am not saying TB will not be good for us I am concerned at this juncture that I have seen nothing of real note.

Quote Originally Posted by BH Hibs View Post
    Possibly because good defenders don't come cheap and we won't go the extra mile to pay for one
    Yet, there are teams in the league that pay a fraction of what we do on their squads and they out class us in every area of the pitch, including defence.

Coaching Staff
    Liam Craig, Boeteng, Haynes, McGivern - all should have been nowhere near the squad today. Terry didn't back up his words post Partick - that's a major faux pas for me. Just shows players that's he's full of BS.

Next week I'd hand Black and Baptie their full debuts, put Dean Horribine in, and start up top with Heff and Cummings. Hope to god Watmore is fit - Hearts will be supremely confident of a win against these muppets.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Liam Craig, Boeteng, Haynes, McGivern - all should have been nowhere near the squad today. Terry didn't back up his words post Partick - that's a major faux pas for me. Just shows players that's he's full of BS.

Next week I'd hand Black and Baptie their full debuts, put Dean Horribine in, and start up top with Heff and Cummings. Hope to god Watmore is fit - Hearts will be supremely confident of a win against these muppets.
    I reckon our under 20s squad would do the business against Hearts main squad, if they were confident enough to step up to the task.