hibs.net Messageboard

Harris season could be over.

As it says, he's never looked the same since his injury
    http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...ason-1-3345117

2. Log in to remove the advert

Sounds about right, hopefully he will be back firing with a good squad around him next season, can't have been easy coming back and being expected to make the impact we needed from him.

Probably a good thing, far too much pressure was put on his young shoulders and after his injury, he's struggled. TBH he appeared from nowhere as the season before he was just another half decent youngster but his rise into the 1st team was pretty dramatic and we heaped the pressure on him because he and Griffiths was all we had.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds about right, hopefully he will be back firing with a good squad around him next season, can't have been easy coming back and being expected to make the impact we needed from him.
    Was a bad decision to bring him in when clearly not mentally ready and not had any under 20 game time .it was desperation and has backfired big style.

Quote Originally Posted by jc1 View Post
    Probably a good thing, far too much pressure was put on his young shoulders and after his injury, he's struggled. TBH he appeared from nowhere as the season before he was just another half decent youngster but his rise into the 1st team was pretty dramatic and we heaped the pressure on him because he and Griffiths was all we had.
    And while we are on subject of good young players and treating them right !we need to watch out Sam Stanton doesn't get burnt out ,as he has been so integral to team in recent weeks and can make things happen ,but week out week in with a Struggling team scrapping to avoid getting dragged into play offs could lead to that if he isn't managed properlySeemed to take a sore knock against Partick but recovered.

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    I said this months ago, that we would not see the old AH till next season. He was thrown into the 1st team far to quick. I would have had him away with the U20's when they were in Turkey at the turn of the year and then a lot more 20's games since.

hopefully he can recapture his previous form.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    And while we are on subject of good young players and treating them right !we need to watch out Sam Stanton doesn't get burnt out ,as he has been so integral to team in recent weeks and can make things happen ,but week out week in with a Struggling team scrapping to avoid getting dragged into play offs could lead to that if he isn't managed properlySeemed to take a sore knock against Partick but recovered.
    Thankfully not much left of the season to worry about burn out with Sam, getting more games under his belt will be crucial for next season, I predict Sam will be the main man in our attacking midfield next year, TB wants pace and skill and Stanton/Harris and hopefully Watmore etc have that in abundance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Was a bad decision to bring him in when clearly not mentally ready and not had any under 20 game time .it was desperation and has backfired big style.
    Hardly big style, he had a few bad games.

Also I'm sure if he had told Butcher that he wasn't mentally ready then Butcher wouldn't have played him, he isn't a psychologist.

First Team Breakthrough LioNeilMessi's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: soakingdisk795
    Takes the pressure off and hopefully this will encourage Harris to fight for a place in the team. I'm sure if he proves himself in training Butcher will give him another chance this season though.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    This season is now a right off. Let him get game time in the under 20s and have less pressure on him

Probably a good idea. He hasn't looked like the same player since his injury.

I just hope that we can see the player that we saw around a year ago.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    That thug Hutchinson should be dealt with by the SPFL if his dangerous style of tackles continue.

@hibs.net private member
    Might be a good idea, not so sure about being so open about the reasons in public. Must be a further knock to confidence to read about it in the paper....Anyway, wish him a great recovery time, can't wait to see him back flying down the wing....

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Might be a good idea, not so sure about being so open about the reasons in public. Must be a further knock to confidence to read about it in the paper....Anyway, wish him a great recovery time, can't wait to see him back flying down the wing....
    I would imagine that TB had asked him if he could explain it to the press - they are bound to ask sort of thing. Harris seems like a switched on lad so probably knows it is for the best.

Left by mutual consent! SouthamptonHibs's Avatar
    Defo best thing for him, he's been rank rotten since his comeback. With 8 games left this season and around 6/9 points needed to avoid 11th we have no room for players with no confidence in the team.
    Butcher needs to get the team battling again.
    Would prefer Butcher set up a defensive team with a the tight defence 0-0 ie ICT result opposed to the 3-2, 3v1 etc games where our defence gets run raged for 90mins between now and end of season.

Also I'm sure if he had told Butcher that he wasn't mentally ready then Butcher wouldn't have played him, he isn't a psychologist.

Agree with what you say .
    many years ago I ruptured an achilles tendon courtesy of a tackle by Rangers then No5 , Duncan Stanners ( Now passed away but a great guy by the way !!)
    It took a long time to " heal" and for many months afterwards I was " looking for tackles" before they came in , wore more different ankle supports than you would know to "protect" it .
    The physio lectured me forgetting about it but it was all in the mind and as it is turning out with AH it was the next season before I felt 100%
    " The mind moves in mysterious ways its wonders to perform " ( Apologies to God !!)

Saw article and he has brought on board a psychologist he used at Inverness so he should have been aware of this .I meant big style in sense that if he had re introduced him properly we might now be seeing him back at his best but he threw him back in without any real game time and not taking into account length of time out as he hoped he would just pick up from where he left off last season But it was clear he was struggling and he kept playing him and has now had to accept that didn't work .