hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar

Aberdeen this, Aberdeen that

Looks like it's already started. Aberdeen are going to be a "major force" in Scottish football again.

I'll believe it when they start taking 30-40,000 fans to games on a regular basis.

2. Log in to remove the advert

You are my sunshine,
    my only sunshine,
    you make me hap-py,
    when skies are grey

Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks like it's already started. Aberdeen are going to be a "major force" in Scottish football again.

I'll believe it when they start taking 30-40,000 fans to games on a regular basis.
    Just like it was Hibs this, and Hibs that in 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    We got a pat on the back for winning it and rightfully so. As did St Mirren last season.

But because "Aberdeen" have had their turn now, they're on their way to being a dominant force again in Scottish football. What a load of pish.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    We got a pat on the back for winning it and rightfully so. As did St Mirren last season.

But because "Aberdeen" have had their turn now, they're on their way to being a dominant force again in Scottish football. What a load of pish.
    Come on tell us just who it is who's working you from the behind?

First Team Breakthrough
    The wheels will come of the push to be Scotland's second force when McInnes goes to Sevco - Xmas 2014 at the latest.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    They're a good team with a good Manager and an excellent example of what can be done in a relatively short period of time.

I've no problem with the rightful praise that is being lavished upon them.

I just wish it was us.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    They're a good team with a good Manager and an excellent example of what can be done in a relatively short period of time.

I just wish it was us.
    Would folk rather it was Celtic or The Rangers who won yesterday?

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar

I just wish it was us.
    The scenes in Aberdeen last night just made me jealous as hell. Reminded me of Leith on 27th October 1991. Also made me look forward to the Derby so we can have our party!

Doesn't bother me one way or the other but I will be interested to see if Stewart Milne starts to dismantle the Team and sell off it's best players like Petrie did in the wake of our win and deprive Collins of Transfer Funds or if he doesn't sell anyone and tries to push on by Strengthening it .that will tell us something and we will see where they are next Season .If they Finish second in Leauge and win two cups ,or win one and get to the other cup final ,it will heap pressure on McIness to do the same next season so it may be how some of these players handle that pressure as it clearly seemed to get to them in Final .But keep Team Together and Strengthen and they may get better at handling the pressure Let's face it who is going to be able to match them so my guess is Milne will look to Strenthen with both Sevco and hear7s out the way ,and us in yet another period of Transition .No one else has same crowd potential to get gates up by three or four thousand so in theory they should be able to cement second place again if they are Ambitious .

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Doesn't bother me one way or the other but I will be interested to see if Stewart Milne starts to dismantle the Team and sell off it's best players like Petrie did in the wake of our win and deprive Collins of Transfer Funds or if he doesn't sell anyone and tries to push on by Strengthening it .that will tell us something and we will see where they are next Season .If they Finish second in Leauge and win two cups ,or win one and get to the other cup final ,it will heap pressure on McIness to do the same next season so it may be how some of these players handle that pressure as it clearly seemed to get to them in Final .But keep Team Together and Strengthen and they may get better at handling the pressure Let's face it who is going to be able to match them so my guess is Milne will look to Strenthen with both Sevco and hear7s out the way ,and us in yet another period of Transition .No one else has same crowd potential to get gates up by three or four thousand so in theory they should be able to cement second place again if they are Ambitious .
    Not going to happen, this Aberdeen side is based on older heads, good experienced players sprinkled with a few younger ones. They dont have any players who are worth the kind of money we got.

Left by mutual consent!
    We'll get our headline if we make it in tae the top 6 and Petrie will be out celebrating the great achievement.

@hibs.net private member
    ..... I'm delighted that any team is taking positive press over Celtic and The Rangers.....

Good luck to them and I hope they go on and improve...just because we are struggling, doesn't really make me wish other teams do. They are a decent side this year. I'd rather anyone wins the Scottish Cup other than the sevco mob.

I just wish it was us.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Who are they going to sell?

Jamie Langfield, Russell Anderson, Willo Flood, Barry Robson. Some of their best players but none of them have any sell on value.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Not going to happen, this Aberdeen side is based on older heads, good experienced players sprinkled with a few younger ones. They dont have any players who are worth the kind of money we got.
    That Hibs team would wipe the floor with this Aberdeen side. Jimmy Calderwoods team were a better side.

Aberdeen sitting in 2nd at the moment just shows scottish football at an all time low. Only Dundee Utd have much in the way of quality at the moment IMO

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    We'll get our headline if we make it in tae the top 6 and Petrie will be out celebrating the great achievement.

The balance sheet.

I'm not grudging Aberdeens turn at some success. It's the crap the media are coming out with, simply because it's Aberdeen.

They've won a cup and suddenly they're on their way to world domination. Simply because they're Aberdeen.

Fair play to them and congratulations on winning the cup is what I say. Let's no start having pop shots and appreciate a team similar to our own who's went through some crap years and brought in a new manager who's done a Great job so far.

I'm not grudging Aberdeens turn at some success. It's the crap the media are coming out with, simply because it's Aberdeen.

They've won a cup and suddenly they're on their way to world domination. Simply because they're Aberdeen.
    Just stop it, that hole is getting bigger by the post.

I don't think anyone really believes they'll be a "major force" in Scottish football...not even Aberdeen fans.

They've got a good team and a good manager. They've won a cup and they might just win another. But realistically, it won't amount to much more.

The only hole getting bigger is the one in peoples heads, as they continue to misinterpret the meaning behind a post, just so they can take a cheap dig.

Left by mutual consent!
    I think this smilie is needed

An Aberdeen fan I know was saying that they deserved a cup final more than a lot of the diddy teams who have been in them recently.

I remimded him who most of these diddy teams beat to get there, usually in semi finals. :

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    They have done ok, nothing more. Don't get me wrong, I didn't mind who won it and good luck to them. They are still 12m in the red, they have an ageing stadium and no training facility. Like I said, good luck to them :-p

Hibercelona's cause would be helped a great deal if people had Liam McLeod's voice in their head. Eg. "Sleeping giant".

Or were listening to Sportsound at the time.

They've been full of it for weeks and loads on here have been saying that.
    Last edited by Broken Gnome; 17-03-2014 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I don't think anyone really believes they'll be a "major force" in Scottish football...not even Aberdeen fans.

They've got a good team and a good manager. They've won a cup and they might just win another. But realistically, it won't amount to much more.
    If they were to win both cups in one year when was the last time a team out with the old firm achieved this .They would have to be considered as a force all be it diluted one given state of Scottish football just now imo .

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    If they were to win both cups in one year when was the last time a team out with the old firm achieved this
    Aberdeen season 89/90.

No misinterpretation here.

Or here

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    That can't be right, I read on Hibs.net that all the media hate Hibs?

Must have imagined Sportscene having a weekly circle jerk over us when Mowbray was manager, and the Scotsman's sports sections resembling a Hibs fanzine. When we started a season well under Yogi there definitely wasn't a big segment on Football Focus on a Saturday lunchtime about us potentially splitting the Old Firm or even winning the league.

Nope, none of that happened. The media hate Hibs, always have, and it's just because it's Aberdeen who are now the exciting team that everyone's sitting up and paying attention.