hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Players contracts that are up at the end of the season

Sorry if this has been posted before but who's contracts are up at the end of the season?

Thanks in advance

2. Log in to remove the advert

all of them hopefully

all of them hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by weonlywon6-2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    all of them hopefully
    Double post will not help. But a lot i hope, but cba looking it all up

When do contracts of Butcher and assistants end ? I`d guess summer 2016 but doubt it really matters since if we repeat what we did in first full seasons with Yogi and Fenlon and get to top of the league in winter we may have to look for someone new anyway . If we continue next season like in early 2014 , we may have to look at compensation etc yet again and start again .

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    When do contracts of Butcher and assistants end ? I`d guess summer 2016 but doubt it really matters since if we repeat what we did in first full seasons with Yogi and Fenlon and get to top of the league in winter we may have to look for someone new anyway . If we continue next season like in early 2014 , we may have to look at compensation etc yet again and start again .
    When's the AGM?

Danny Handling
    Ben Williams
    James McPake
    Paul Cairney
    Tom Taiwo
    Ross Caldwell
    Alan Maybury
    Kevin Thomson
    Sean Murdoch
    Dean Horribine
    Paul Grant
    Abdellah Zoubir (end of loan)
    Daniel Boateng (end of loan)
    Duncan Watmore (end of loan)
    Danny Haynes (end of loan)

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Danny Handling
    Ben Williams
    James McPake
    Paul Cairney
    Tom Taiwo
    Ross Caldwell
    Alan Maybury
    Kevin Thomson
    Sean Murdoch
    Dean Horribine
    Paul Grant
    The worrying thing is only 3 of the players we actually have under contract to us played yesterday.

Danny Handling
    Ben Williams
    James McPake
    Paul Cairney
    Tom Taiwo
    Ross Caldwell
    Alan Maybury
    Kevin Thomson
    Sean Murdoch
    Dean Horribine
    Paul Grant
    I don't think I'd keep any of them. Maybe, give Handling another year and see what happens.

As much as I think Thomson can offer something in the right system, Butcher does not seem to fancy him one bit. As for Williams, I think he's been good for us but he'll almost certainly be leaving.

The only other question mark for me is Cairney. Part of me still thinks he could be a great player with a good pre-season.

Handling cairney and Taiwo I would keep. I'd like Thomson to get a new contract but I can't see that happening

From that list I'd only consider keeping Williams, Taiwo and Thomson. Even then, Williams is supposed to be leaving, and both Taiwo and Thomson have been told they can go.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    I'd give Handling another year.

Handling has never shown anything for me, and is one of the reasons we have had to bring in loan wide player signings over the last couple of seasons. You just need to look at young attacking players from the other spl teams to see how little impact he gives us when he plays. Starting to think Cummings is the same, but maybe he needs a break in front of goal for that to change.

It wont break the bank to give handling a new contract, the others I would let go. I'm hearing Cairney has signed a pre contract with another club from a semi reliable source so dont quote me lol. I also wouldn't mind watmore for another year, he looks like he can create things.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    It wont break the bank to give handling a new contract, the others I would let go. I'm hearing Cairney has signed a pre contract with another club from a semi reliable source so dont quote me lol. I also wouldn't mind watmore for another year, he looks like he can create things.
    I wouldn't be disappointed to see Cairney leave. He can sometimes create goals for fun and at other times looks totally useless. I thought a return to Partick would be likely if he didn't get a deal here.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I wouldn't be disappointed to see Cairney leave. He can sometimes create goals for fun and at other times looks totally useless. I thought a return to Partick would be likely if he didn't get a deal here.
    Must be either Partick, St Mirren or Killie, though I'm surprised any of these teams are offering pre contracts, as they don't know what division they will be in next season, unless its SEVCO

There is no one on that list IMO that we could not replace with someone better, all have had more than there fair share of chances and look at the state we are in.
    A clear out in the summer and hopefully some decent players with pace in for next season
    In TB & MM we trust

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Must be either Partick, St Mirren or Killie, though I'm surprised any of these teams are offering pre contracts, as they don't know what division they will be in next season, unless its SEVCO
    Why these clubs? Could be any number of lower level English clubs I would have thought....

Danny Handling
    Ben Williams
    James McPake
    Paul Cairney
    Tom Taiwo
    Ross Caldwell
    Alan Maybury
    Kevin Thomson
    Sean Murdoch
    Dean Horribine
    Paul Grant
    Thanks for the information

Danny Handling
    Ben Williams
    James McPake
    Paul Cairney
    Tom Taiwo
    Ross Caldwell
    Alan Maybury
    Kevin Thomson
    Sean Murdoch
    Dean Horribine
    Paul Grant
    So that would leave us with...

Hanlon
    Stevenson
    Forster
    Nelson
    McGivern
    Callum Booth?
    Tudur Jones
    Stanton
    Craig
    Robertson
    Harris
    Collins
    Heffernan
    Cummings

Left by mutual consent!
    Danny Handling
    Ben Williams
    James McPake
    Paul Cairney
    Tom Taiwo
    Ross Caldwell
    Alan Maybury
    Kevin Thomson
    Sean Murdoch
    Dean Horribine
    Paul Grant
    Would maybe keep Handling from that lot. No idea what Horrobine is like so wouldn't mind keeping him to see if he will break through. From what I have seen and heard, might be wrothing trying to retain Watmore on loan if possible but would prefer to wait until end of season before a decision is made.

Don't think Sean Murdoch does any harm as a back up goalie and don't mind Paul Grant staying as no 3. Williams doesn't seem happy so would say bye to him and sign a new no 1. The rest I would not offer new deals. We need as many new players as possible so the loser attitude is away from the squad.

I would also try and see if there is any way to move any of McGivern, Nelson, Tudor Jones, Heffernan and Collins on too.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    There are only a couple of this lot who are worth keeping, Hanlon and Robertson, the rest i'd keep are the younger ones like Forster Stanton Harris and the likes, the rest can get tae ****. They are all part of the loser mentality that's riddled right through the club.

This will obviously be much harder to do than just talk about it, but it needs doing.

Folk can talk about how we can't keep turning so many players over again and again and again, but it is needed again. This lot are bloody useless, and its been proved 100% in my opinion that no amount of trying to get a tune from them will work.

It appears that this season he's making sure everyone from the top to the bottom of the club are under no illusions who is in control of the football club, and i'm hoping this is all part of the master plan for the coming years.

If Butcher is as good as some folk say he is, then he and his management team will be able to assemble a much better team on the kind of money available to him at Hibs.

99% of us are behind him, and 100% of us want him to succeed.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    There are only a couple of this lot who are worth keeping, Hanlon and Robertson, the rest i'd keep are the younger ones like Forster Stanton Harris and the likes, the rest can get tae ****. They are all part of the loser mentality that's riddled right through the club.

This will obviously be much harder to do than just talk about it, but it needs doing.

Folk can talk about how we can't keep turning so many players over again and again and again, but it is needed again. This lot are bloody useless, and its been proved 100% in my opinion that no amount of trying to get a tune from them will work.

It appears that this season he's making sure everyone from the top to the bottom of the club are under no illusions who is in control of the football club, and i'm hoping this is all part of the master plan for the coming years.

If Butcher is as good as some folk say he is, then he and his management team will be able to assemble a much better team on the kind of money available to him at Hibs.

99% of us are behind him, and 100% of us want him to succeed.
    Good post especially the last bit. Makes a refreshing change from having to read posts from Hibs fans telling fellow Hibs fans how delighted they are when Hibs have lost and how gutted they are when Hibs have won. It will be hard to get rid of that number of players and replace them all and get the new ones to gel in one summer. Hard but not impossible.

We probably won't be able to get rid of all of the players we should due to contracts but players like Nelson and Heffernan may not be too difficult to deal with. Could maybe add McGivern to that list. No harm to any of them but they are just not good enough often enough. As have said before would keep basically none of the out of contract players aside from sub goalies and a couple of young boys.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Why these clubs? Could be any number of lower level English clubs I would have thought....
    Wouldn't be a huge surprise if Cairney is already teed up somewhere else. Patrick, St Mirren and Dundee United were all credited with an interest in him in January. Dundee United would surprise me a bit as I don't think he is good enough given the type of players they have and type of football they play but McNamara will know him from their time at Partick and may think he can fit in well, even as a squad player. Right now that would be a good move for PC as squad player at Dundee United is better than squad player at Hibs but I'm hoping Terry will, over the next year or so, get us in a position where coming to Hibs is a more attractive option than Dundee United.
    Last edited by The Sea-gull; 17-03-2014 at 10:22 AM.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Paul has just bought a new house and has not been offered a new contract at Hibs.
    I would imagine his agent is talking to other clubs with a view to tying up a deal.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    Paul has just bought a new house and has not been offered a new contract at Hibs.
    I would imagine his agent is talking to other clubs with a view to tying up a deal.
    Grant or Cairney?

First Team Breakthrough BVB Hibs's Avatar
    Not sure I'd keep all too many from that list of players. Handling is still young and Taiwo has shown one or two sparks of life since being told he can leave in January. Also not be entirely surprised to see us give McPake another chance, as much as I know that would annoy many of the fans. However, 1 year pay as you play deal to see what he can do properly fit and prepared might not be our worst ever move.

Beyond that list I'd probably try move on Nelson if at all possible. The others I'd keep if I'm honest. Yes, we can go on and on about a loser mentality at the club and wanting to change the entire playing squad, but what's that really going to bring us? If we replace all the players we'll end up with a squad of players with similar ability. Our side this year is considerably better than that last year, with the exception of Griffiths, which shows what one good player could do. Personally I'd free up the wages from the current crop of out of contract players and beyond that look for a few stars to solidfy the side.

Obviously if Williams leaves, another keeper of a good standard is a priority. Then we need a good CB to play beside Hanlon, a good holding player beside Robertson (who we've missed), a good winger and a 15+ goal a season striker. 5 good signings, with the wages freed up that should be entirely possible. Beyond that we've a team of solid professionals, nothing special but all of them SPL standard, and some good youngsters in the shape of Harris, Stanton and Forster. We'd probably be a bit short on squad positions, so I'd probably look at drafting up one or two younger lads to fill the back up rolls. As far as I'm concerned though, this team doesn't need an overhaul, it needs a spine of players. We're an SPL side, we don't have the resources to replace an entire playing squad and expect us to come out with a better side.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    I only wish that the list of out of contract players was longer! From that list I like KT as a player but can't see a future at ER for him and would be pleased if we could secure Watmore on loan again. As for the 'in contract' players I would be pleased if any or all from Hanlon/Stevenson/Nelson/McGivern/OTJ/Craig/Collns/Heffernon could be moved on (some more than others!) but I can't see there being much interest from other clubs unfortunately.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    Where has he bought the house?

Close to Dundee?

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    So that would leave us with...

Hanlon
    Stevenson
    Forster
    Nelson
    McGivern
    Callum Booth?
    Tudur Jones
    Stanton
    Craig
    Robertson
    Harris
    Collins
    Heffernan
    Cummings
    Pretty sure Heffernan and Nelson both out of contract at the end of the season. Anyone confirm?