hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Collins MOM

First Team Breakthrough cabbage_88's Avatar

Collins MOM

How did Collins get MOM?!?! Didnt think he done anything to note apart from lose the ball a few times. That attempt in the last seconds was awful!! He actually done well to beat the man but what he attempted after that, only he knows what that was.

Cairney was my MOM today. Thought he played very well in second half especially. Assists for all 3 goals and looked dangerous every time he was on the ball although when he had that chip effort on the edge of the box he should have put his laces through it! A good shift and hope he keeps it up.
    Last edited by cabbage_88; 08-03-2014 at 04:57 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Stanton should have got it today IMO

Left by mutual consent!
    Collins was never MOTM he was pish.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Cairney for me. Collins should've had a double but bottled it twice.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Collins done well today. He was unlucky with quite a few efforts. Cairney should have got motm though IMO

Quote Originally Posted by cabbage_88 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How did Collins get MOM?!?! Didnt think he done anything to note apart from lose the ball a few times. That attempt in the last seconds was awful!! He actually done well to beat the man but what he attempted after that, only he knows what that was.

Cairney was my MOM today. Thought he played very well in second half especially. Assists for 2 of the goals and looked dangerous every time he was on the ball although when he had that chip effort on the edge of the box he should have put his laces through it! A good shift and hope he keeps it up.
    Did Cairney not set up all 3 goals? He also laid one on a plate for Haynes which was blazed over the bar.

Collins was abysmal, as was Haynes. I think the latter just had an off day, Collins however.......getting rid in the summer must be a consideration. I'd rather see Heffernan or Cummings play.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Stanton for me, put in a great shift today.

I think Collins was just unlucky with his shots today, on other days they'd have gone in. He's certainly not pish.

First Team Breakthrough cabbage_88's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Did Cairney not set up all 3 goals? He also laid one on a plate for Haynes which was blazed over the bar.

Collins was abysmal, as was Haynes. I think the latter just had an off day, Collins however.......getting rid in the summer must be a consideration. I'd rather see Heffernan or Cummings play.
    You're right, he did! My mistake, forgot about the corner for Nelson's goal.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    I think Collins was just unlucky with his shots today, on other days they'd have gone in. He's certainly not pish.
    Not having that. Edge of the six yard box for his first chance and he lets the keeper get the opportunity of a save. Second chance he was unlucky it hit the post but the rebound should've been away, instead he scuffs the shot completely. Haynes wasn't any better right enough.

@hibs.net private member

I like Collins a lot, thought he played well today but should probably have had a goal. Haynes was absolutely anonymous - its the first time I've seen him play so not going to write him off yet but his first touch looked poor, as did his link up play.

Cairney with a hatrick of assists surely deserved MotM, Stanton also played well.

Stanton should have got it today IMO
    Stanton was EASILY the best Hibs player today. Our top striker, Collins, missed two sitters and gave the ball away all the time. Would love to know who picks the MOTM as they're either not at the game (STF ?) or no nothing about football (Petrie ?).

Well played young Sam Stanton !

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074

Collins MOM

Yep that should have been a doddle for Haynes to tuck away, he can GTF as far as I'm concerned, total gash

Cairney MoM for me

Up until recently I shared your view but as time goes on Im moving toward the "Collins is pish" camp.

His effort just after we scored our first was very poor. Unlucky with the flick early 2nd half but not with the rebound, awful technique. And his general play was terrible IMO. Although to be fair, neither he or Haynes seemed clear on their positioning, what runs to make etc. I can't think of one example of them linking up. Not a partnership to persist with for me.

We laughed uproariously.

Collins was never MOM. However compared to Haynes performance he looked like Suarez!!

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Not having that. Edge of the six yard box for his first chance and he lets the keeper get the opportunity of a save. Second chance he was unlucky it hit the post but the rebound should've been away, instead he scuffs the shot completely. Haynes wasn't any better right enough.
    Haynes was much worse, he was too greedy, 3 times he had the opportunity to play in a team mate but decided to go himself resulting in us losing the ball

Thought Collins looked decent everywhere but in front of goal, which becomes rather problematic if one is a striker. He put in a good shift, but the MOM award...no. Very harsh on Cairney. JPC can be exasperating and a passenger on occasion, but when he comes back from a break he always seems to hit a rich seam before becoming bored again.

@hibs.net private member hibeesjoe's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: catcabbage
    Collins is rotten. Hope butcher shows him the door in the summer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

@hibs.net private member
    I thought Collins played one of his better games today. He was still poor and his finishing was pretty grim. Oh, his hold up play was terrible and his game sense late on was abysmal. Lost the ball when he should have been taking it for a walk to the corner and near post shot when he had to shoot across the goal. Looks like he has has a lobotomy to remove the footballing part of his brain to me. Mind you he was better than Haynes. Heffernan must wonder what he has done to be as low down the pecking order.

Stanton was excellent in the first half and Cairney was the best player in the second for me. I would give Cairney as his efforts resulted in us scoring. It is no surprise to me that Cairney starting resulted in a more positive display and result. A very clever player who actually likes having the football near his feet.

Collins wasn't man of the match today but he played well, anyone that refers to him as "pish" clearly doesn't know much about football. He had one very good chance that he should have scored (other was a brilliant save) and it didn't go in, however at least he gets in the positions to get the chances, more than you can say about Handling, Haynes etc

Collins was a decent shout for MOM, given that the defence shipped three and it's the most powder puff midfield i have ever seen at Easter Road.
    All the talk of getting rid of Collins in complete rubbish given we have the poorest midfield in the league. Lets concentrate on the real problem areas on the park.

@hibs.net private member
    I thought he worked hard, but was no better than Cairney, Stanton or Hanlon

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Claros View Post
    Collins wasn't man of the match today but he played well, anyone that refers to him as "pish" clearly doesn't know much about football. He had one very good chance that he should have scored (other was a brilliant save) and it didn't go in, however at least he gets in the positions to get the chances, more than you can say about Handling, Haynes etc
    Given some of the utter dross I've seen in a Hibs jersey over the years I think I can judge if a player is pish and it is a fair description of James Collins. I keep reading he just needs the right service and he will score goals. What exactly is this service he needs ? He had close to an open goal after his first shot was saved and still couldn't score. The sad thing is we wasted money on him, otherwise I'm sure he'd be offloaded in the summer.

Collins is suffering a bit from a section of our support who expect him to be Leigh Griffiths.

He clearly needs to spend less time on the training ground and more time in Tesco's.

@hibs.net private member
    Collins was decent today. His problems is he has a load of folk on his back who want to barrack him and slag him off at every opportunity. Guy behind me blamed him for a woeful Haynes layoff today FFS.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Collins deserves a second season imo. Was still busting a gut chasing down in the 90th minute and on another day might have had a hat trick. Don't think we should be too hasty in getting rid.

Some people write nonsense on here.

While he maybe wasn't the MOM - often picked by sponsors and there have been some strange choices this season - he certainly did fine.

Ran all day - linked up with the midfield.

What he didn't do too well was link with Haynes his striker partner and not get enough shots on target. He would have scored if his 1st touch was better in the 1st half just before half time - yes decent save but should have been a goal.

2nd half he shot when he should have passed near the end.

Whether he is worth the supposed 200k fee -that's still questionable - he's doing the same as what Doyle did and Doyle didn't have the price tag.

I can't see us getting rid in summer (unless we get a fee / free up wages) - he does need to work on his finishing though on the ground as aerially he seems to be fine.

From a big critic of James I wouldn't have given him MOTM but I didn't think he was pish either,worked well with Haynes got in a few good crosses and had a few decent attempts at goal,so I'll say well done to him for today

I reckon I contributed more than Collins. Astounded when the stadium announcer said that he was MOM. Good job that ball landed at The Heff's feet and not James Collins otherwise we would have come away with no points. Collins had a chance near the end to win the three points but as predictable as the Yams going down he blew it.

We need to offload him somewhere and forget about the two hundred thousand that was wasted on bringing him to Easter Road.