hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No home game for a month.

I am aware postponed game and rearranged game are involved but after the Motherwell game on Saturday 8th we don't have another home game till the 7th April. What happened to the good old days of home one week and away the following week. 4 away games on the trot that's a tough schedule isn't it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am aware postponed game and rearranged game are involved but after the Motherwell game on Saturday 8th we don't have another home game till the 7th April. What happened to the good old days of home one week and away the following week. 4 away games on the trot that's a tough schedule isn't it.
    I predict no points from the 4 away games, including a defeat over the road. This hibs team couldn't beat an egg.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Given how bad we've been at home I'm actually quite pleased at this. The season ended for me against Raith Rovers. I'm looking forward to putting it behind us.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I predict no points from the 4 away games, including a defeat over the road. This hibs team couldn't beat an egg.
    We will take maximum points from the 4 away games
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    That won't happen

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Given how bad we've been at home I'm actually quite pleased at this. The season ended for me against Raith Rovers. I'm looking forward to putting it behind us.
    Why anyone would prefer us to be playing at home right now is anyone's guess.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Agree with this. Not sure what the stats are but we look better away imo.

Mr Happy

Testimonial Due
    Oh god how are we going to survive? Without the cash injection of walk ups and the fact we're losing a million a year we really need the money.

Or maybe not...

Dude, start listening to the happy ghosts.

When I spoke to Garry O'Hagan the other week we discussed my theory about the reason for our poor home form. It's actually really straightforward but almost impossible to fix.

In a busy game players need to be able to easily spot their teammates. We play in green on a green pitch against a wall of green seats. It's been scientifically proven that plain green is the hardest colour to see on a pitch.

Don't shoot the messenger!

Quote Originally Posted by Gogs43 View Post
    When I spoke to Garry O'Hagan the other week we discussed my theory about the reason for our poor home form. It's actually really straightforward but almost impossible to fix.

In a busy game players need to be able to easily spot their teammates. We play in green on a green pitch against a wall of green seats. It's been scientifically proven that plain green is the hardest colour to see on a pitch.

It's hardly impossible. If it's a real issue then I'm sure seat colours could be changed in the first few rows.

This explains why Celtic have struggled recently.

...and why would green strips clash with the pitch?

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    It's hardly impossible. If it's a real issue then I'm sure seat colours could be changed in the first few rows.

Its true. Put a hibs top on and you become invisible. We actually sell out easter road every home game, just you can't see alot of fans cause they're wearing green tops.

Left by mutual consent! SouthamptonHibs's Avatar
    Happy days. We are brutal at home! We may actually win a game or two Hail Hail

Maybe thats a good reason to ditch the white sleeves and go all green. The opposition wont see us. We did wear all green last time we won the SC

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

Not a dig at you Gogs but that is an absolute crock of *****.

Not being able to see green doesn't account for the number of passes that go straight to the opposition.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Not a dig at you Gogs but that is an absolute crock of *****.

Not being able to see green doesn't account for the number of passes that go straight to the opposition.

The yolk will be on you when that prediction doesn't come to fruition .Yes we could do with a Poach er to score goals Your heid must be scrambled so I take what you say with a pinch of salt

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    We only have 4 games before the end of the season on total. 2 pre and 2 post split

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    We only have 4 games before the end of the season on total. 2 pre and 2 post split
    Unless form picks up significantly none of those games will have crowds into double figures unless we are in bottom six and hear7s at home .So less money generated and all more need for Season Ticket Sales to go well if T B is to be able to do the overhaul of squad that is badly needed

I hope they use the time to get the pitch in some kind of order.

It's in a poor state - mirroring the play on the park, as Alastair Dewar would have said.

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar

Now that is an absolute TOPPER if also absolute *****!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Unless form picks up significantly none of those games will have crowds into double figures unless we are in bottom six and hear7s at home .So less money generated and all more need for Season Ticket Sales to go well if T B is to be able to do the overhaul of squad that is badly needed
    Our form is marginally better away from home this season, so maybe not a bad thing for picking up points

P PTS
    Home 15 17 1.1 points per game
    Away. 12 15. 1.25 points per game

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Thats the spirit.

@hibs.net private member Gettin' Auld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    The yolk will be on you when that prediction doesn't come to fruition .Yes we could do with a Poach er to score goals Your heid must be scrambled so I take what you say with a pinch of salt
    You forgot the shell suit. Omelette you off with that though......

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    In fairness, we've only had one away game since the Aberdeen game at the end of January

I think the run of away games is actually a good thing for us. The fans get behind the team in away games I I think we will get points at Patrick,Inverness and hertz which leaves the. biggy at Perth. We have overall a good record there so should have nothing to fear. Win that game and it could clinch top six. We just need a win to banish negativity on here then have us all salivating at putting them down at the pbs.GGGTH.

Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    I think the run of away games is actually a good thing for us. The fans get behind the team in away games I I think we will get points at Patrick,Inverness and hertz which leaves the. biggy at Perth. We have overall a good record there so should have nothing to fear. Win that game and it could clinch top six. We just need a win to banish negativity on here then have us all salivating at putting them down at the pbs.GGGTH.
    Partick have out played us the last twice so are due something and have taken monkey off there back with home win.They will fancy there chances given our recent form and our record up at Inverness isn't great and yogi has steadied the ship But our display at Killie recently gives me some evidence we can take something but another home defeat on Saturday wouldn't be ideal preparation and just can't see us winning that one .So we still need Saints to keep getting beat to sneak 6th

Testimonial Due

This is an all time low in terms of random excuses for us being poor.so what you are saying is our strips clash with the grass and seats? Wow. That's all I can say.

I would suggest its simply the low quality players we recruit.

Interesting theory but what happened when we had great teams that also played in green and in arguably more of it?