hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar

Scotland Under 21s tonight

Drew 2-2 with Hungary at Tannadice after being 2 up, I see. Stanton and Handling making appearances 2nd half. However, from Facebook the major talking point is the problems the very decent crowd of around 4,500 had in getting in, with some missing the 1st half hour. I'm not one for a knee jerk reaction, but this is poor, especially for a friendly.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

U19s won 4-2. Cummings started game but didn't score.

Stewards were utterly useless. Was folk everywhere cos they only had 1 stand open, bit of a safety hazard. They eventually opened 'the shed' and people went in there. The game had to be stopped cos a small army of youngsters jumped pitchside and ran across to that stand.

Decent entertainment but so many groups of nippy 14 year olds thinking they own the place.

Stanton and Handling did well when they came on, some good touches. Stuart Armstrong is a good player, went off at half time though. Ryan Fraser and number 10 (dunno who) were excellent too.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinfaePorty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Drew 2-2 with Hungary at Tannadice after being 2 up, I see. Stanton and Handling making appearances 2nd half. However, from Facebook the major talking point is the problems the very decent crowd of around 4,500 had in getting in, with some missing the 1st half hour. I'm not one for a knee jerk reaction, but this is poor, especially for a friendly.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Utd have previous back in the day when we played them up there in the old BP Youth Cup final. Expected a Hibs support of a couple of hundred and about 2500 turned up. More Hibs fans than Utd fans in Tannadice that night.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Testimonial Due Capt Mainwaring's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    Stewards were utterly useless. Was folk everywhere cos they only had 1 stand open, bit of a safety hazard. They eventually opened 'the shed' and people went in there. The game had to be stopped cos a small army of youngsters jumped pitchside and ran across to that stand.

Decent entertainment but so many groups of nippy 14 year olds thinking they own the place.

Stanton and Handling did well when they came on, some good touches. Stuart Armstrong is a good player, went off at half time though. Ryan Fraser and number 10 (dunno who) were excellent too.
    Should have played the game at Easter Road. Better stadium suited for a bigger crowd.

mentioned it in the other thread, i ended up walking away from the turnstiles 15 mins after kick off. certainly wasnt the only one to do so, presumably losing the sfa out on a fair sum of cash. the steward i spoke to (1 of 3 outside the stadium) said there was only 6 gates open, 3 cash and 3 ticket, and it was dundee utds decision as to how many staff were hired and how many gates were open. absolute shambles whether it be the sfa or dundee utd who was responsible

Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post

Callum McGregor.

Plays for Notts County on loan from Celtic.

He scored the first Scotland goal.