hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

Butcher apologises to supporters

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    The camouflage is appropriate livery for Hibs at the moment because all the players are hiding on the pitch

@hibs.net private member Green Reaper's Avatar
    Hibernian: Terry Butcher apology after defeat by Dundee United

Hibernian's manager has apologised to fans for their defeat on the day the club launched on an appeal to join "Terry Butcher's Green and White Army".
    Dundee United missed two penalties but still recorded a 3-1 win in Edinburgh.
    "Of course I'm not happy and I apologise to the Hibs fans because it's not acceptable again," said Butcher.
    "We've had a few of these this year, not too many wins and a lot of games like this where we've been nowhere near the standards that we expect and want."
    Hibs' website is bedecked with green camouflage, describing itself as "online headquarters" and that it is "recruiting here".
    "I've never known a campaign like it," said Butcher ahead of the match at Easter Road.
    "We've gone on the army theme. We are trying to recruit people to come along. My son's in the Army, so it touches my heart."
    However, he admitted after the game - United's fourth defeat in five home games - that Hibs are a long way from making Easter Road a fortress and that a few players will be demobbed in the summer.
    "We know the size of the task - it hasn't changed," said the Englishman. "It just re-enforces our opinions about some of the people.

Anything that could go wrong did go wrong. The only good thing is that they missed two penalties

Terry Butcher
    Hibernian manager
    "But we've got to work with these guys. These guys are genuinely honest guys, they're hurting, but we have to be much better than that.
    "The summer is a long way off. Players can determine whether they can stay here or not and the performances tell the whole story.
    "It is a 90-minute audition every game that they play. They know that already."
    United had gone ahead through Nadir Ciftci before a mistake by goalkeeper Radoslaw Cierzniak handed Jordon Forster an equaliser just before half-time.
    However, goals from Gavin Gunning and Farid El Alagui, with a red card for Hibs midfielder Tom Taiwo sandwiched between, ensured a win for United.
    "The boys put plenty of effort in, I thought Dundee United put more effort in, which is unacceptable and they were by far the better side," said Butcher.
    "I don't have any complaints about the result.
    "We got the lifeline just before half-time and unusually we concede a goal from a corner again.
    "It's another kick in the stomach and we haven't come back from that.
    "And, of course, the sending off does not help our cause and I think Tom on the night was our best midfield player.
    "Anything that could go wrong did go wrong. The only good thing is that they missed two penalties.
    "It's hard enough with 11 against Dundee United because they move the ball so well, they looked comfortable in possession, they looked confident.
    "We looked the opposite and that's not how we've been playing or how we want to play."

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    honest by butcher

Yawn.

I honestly don't care about words anymore.

I want action.

A massive clearout in the summer and another transitional season coming up then.

Completely bored with this pish year upon year.

We make good players crap and average players even worse. There's just something about us.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    A massive clearout in the summer and another transitional season coming up then.

We make good players crap and average players even worse. There's just something about us.

@hibs.net private member
    If things don't improve rapidly the fans will turn on him. Talks a good game but I want evidence of a good game. He is at fault with his team selection and tactics. I'm desperate for him to succeed FFS I've even renewed my ST today but that was a rancid performance.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post

I want action.
    This.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    "Anything that could go wrong did go wrong" -Terry Butcher.

Let's start with your tactics .....
    Harris is so off form he should not have started - or he should have been subbed at half time - or he should have come off instead of Craig.
    We ended up playing with nine men (who were not all that hot either).

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    If things don't improve rapidly the fans will turn on him.
    Already happening; he was getting dogs abuse from the West Lower tonight.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ehf View Post
    Already happening; he was getting dogs abuse from the West Lower tonight.
    I dont even know if I want to know but **** it, what was said?

Left by mutual consent! SouthamptonHibs's Avatar
    First two players to leave must be Hanlon and Stevenson! Reason is they have been part of our crap teams since out "glory days" ended in 2009 Not there fault but they are part of the problem. They are bottom six players at best! If we resign these guys again I'll no be happy. There are better players out there than them on smaller wages!
    Loads need to go but they two gave seen off about 5 managers and are part if the problem
    Last edited by SouthamptonHibs; 01-03-2014 at 12:25 AM.

Butcher decided the time was right for him to take on the challenge of managing a big club. Well, the heats on now and the pressure is only going to increase from here on in. I hope, for our sake as well as his, he made the right decision. We`ve heard all the apologies before....get it sorted.
    Last edited by SurferRosa; 01-03-2014 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthamptonHibs View Post
    First two players to leave must be Hanlon and Stevenson! Reason is they have been part of our crap teams since 2006/07. Not there fault but they are part of the problem. They are bottom six players at best! If we resign these guys again I'll no be happy. There are better players out there than them on smaller wages!
    Loads need to go but they two gave seen off about 5 managers and are part if the problem
    There would be a few before them i would be punting but i think we should get rid of the lot and start again might take a few years to build but at least its something to look forward to.

Left by mutual consent! SouthamptonHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    There would be a few before them i would be punting but i think we should get rid of the lot and start again might take a few years to build but at least its something to look forward to.
    They are defo not the worst but there part of the re occurring problem. Stevenson is a work horse at best! Poor passer of the ball not a great lb not a winger not really a centre mid, doesn't create chances or score goals etc. but he's not brutal he just doesn't really add much value to the team.

I'd punt most of them. Get everyone out then sign loads of guys on three year deals (proven track records). I'd seek a bank loan off 2-3mil. It would increase our debt to say £9mil but should pay for itself with better results and more revenue generated. What's on show is brutal. No carrots to offer next year as no cup final rangers or hearts

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    ''Butcher sort it out'' probably.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

First two players to leave must be Hanlon and Stevenson! Reason is they have been part of our crap teams since out "glory days" ended in 2009 Not there fault but they are part of the problem. They are bottom six players at best! If we resign these guys again I'll no be happy. There are better players out there than them on smaller wages!
    Yes, lets boot the two players that have been the most consistent this season, deary dear.

They are defo not the worst but there part of the re occurring problem. Stevenson is a work horse at best! Poor passer of the ball not a great lb not a winger not really a centre mid, doesn't create chances or score goals etc. but he's not brutal he just doesn't really add much value to the team.

I'd punt most of them. Get everyone out then sign loads of guys on three year deals (proven track records). I'd seek a bank loan off 2-3mil. It would increase our debt to say £9mil but should pay for itself with better results and more revenue generated. What's on show is brutal. No carrots to offer next year as no cup final rangers or hearts
    The trouble is we all want improvemnet, but nobody wants to pay for it, if the best idea you have is to borrow money then I have to say, that path has been well worn and it does nat end in glory.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spike220 View Post
    The trouble is we all want improvemnet, but nobody wants to pay for it, if the best idea you have is to borrow money then I have to say, that path has been well worn and it does nat end in glory.
    I know this isn't a popular opinion on here, but we'd be as well selling East Mains and investing in the team, or the club in general. Unless anyone can tell me how it's helping to improve performances like tonight's..not to mention the vast majority of the performances for the last few years since it was built?
    Last edited by The Green Goblin; 01-03-2014 at 01:04 AM.

Everyone surely understands that we have a very average squad and they are basically shot of confidence most likely getting emptied in the summer, just have to grit our teeth and hold out to the summer again

are you fenlon in disguise ??

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post

Yes but why is this?

TB seems confused himself - says the players are 'honest' and 'work hard' yet not as hard as Dundee Utd. They hide, especially at home games. Are the Hibs fans that scary?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    I know this isn't a popular opinion on here, but we'd be as well selling East Mains and investing in the team, or the club in general. Unless anyone can tell me how it's helping to improve performances like tonight's..not to mention the vast majority of the performances for the last few years since it was built?
    The entire football world as far as I know places emphasis on good training facilities.

What makes Hibs the only club where this isn't the case? Are we really suppose to go back to public parks, Arthur's Seat and Gullane sands?

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    What wages are they on?

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    East Mains is here to stay but its lack of impacts a mystery to me. Players come to us who have done well at clubs where they could only dream of an EM style facility and their form plummets. Young lads coming through the ranks go backwards. Players leave the club , go to clubs with much poorer facilities and their form improves. Its happened under a series of managers so it cant be blamed on one manager not using the facilities properly.

We created an EPL standard facility but are shopping in a Scottish and bottom of the English leagues market Maybe the facilities are only as good as the players using them ? TB succeeded at ICT without East Mains style facilities. If he turns things around here it wont be down to EMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post

I want action.
    Send the Storm Troopers in

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    "Anything that could go wrong did go wrong" -Terry Butcher.

Let's start with your tactics .....
    Harris is so off form he should not have started - or he should have been subbed at half time - or he should have come off instead of Craig.
    We ended up playing with nine men (who were not all that hot either).
    Yep tactics are questionable. Why are we not playing 442 any more??? Best run of results when we played this formation.

As for Harris he's as good as a man short.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    I saw one guy laying off to Butcher near the end. He was pointing towards the pitch and It looked like he turned round and agreed with the guy.
    Butcher and Malpas looked as cheesed off as we were with the performance. Whether they can turn it round in one summer transfer window is another question. I have seen little so far to suggest they can.