hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Player Ratings

First Team Regular
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MC_Humo

Player Ratings

Just got back from another dire performance and its going to be tough to decide who played worse so 5 or greater is a pass

Williams -7- Good penalty save but didn't seem to command his box well or communicate with the back 4

McGivern -6- Played well and seems to be getting back to his old form however his attacking play isn't up to par
    Hanlon -7- I thought he played well. He dived in front of the ball and took a nasty knock and all the guy behind me said was "good I hope he's injured" ffs
    Nelson -3- All he knows how to do is hoof the ball a lot of people say "aye but hes a no nonsense defender" what's the point in just giving the opposition the ball again so they can just have another attack
    Forster -5- Good goal but thats about it. Gets no support from Harris though.

Stevenson -4- Works hard but wasn't good enough today. We had 4 shots in total and he didn't take one even when he was in a great position to do so.
    Stanton -7- Showed up the midfield. If a youngster playing about his 5th first team game is better than you, you need to move on.
    Craig -3- Should of been hooked sooner. Not a captain and recently not been a player. And for all you who say "why drop our top goalscorer." No one is irreplaceable, if they don't play well they shouldn't play.
    Taoi -5- Got stuck in and was stupidly subbed off and let the team down, but the ref did have it in for us. He knew it was a foul from his reaction and from the way he kicked the tunnel you knew he was annoyed with himself.

Haynes -6- Holds the ball up quite well, when he gets it. Better than Collins but thats not hard.

Subs

Handling -5- didn't really have much of an impact but played alright
    Boateng -5- Slow as treacle but is a no nonsense defender who can pass a ball to another player in a hibs jersey
    Collins -2- Should of just kept Haynes on or put cummings on instead.

Officials

Away end linesman.was alright didn't notice him do anything wrong
    Famous 5 linesman. That wasn't incompetence that was just plain byas
    Ref see Famous 5 linesman

2. Log in to remove the advert

2s all around apart from Williams who gets 6 and Craig who gets -10. Taiwo might have got 4 or 5 but for the stupid red.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Williams 6 - saved the penalty, had another good save but he seemed to hesitate a lot about coming off his line tonight

Forster 5 - too easily beaten
    Nelson 5 - all over the place
    Hanlon 4 - worst game he's played for us
    McGivern 6 - best out of the back 4 but he needs to stop leathering the ball whenever he gets it, it leads to nothing!

Harris 3 - wouldn't have noticed if he wasn't there
    Craig 2 - awful, god knows why he was back
    Taiwo 7 - best player for us, should never have been booked.
    Stanton 5 - quiet game from him
    Stevenson 5 - poor game from him, he looked a bit cautious tonight. Still burst his gut though, going for balls that none of his team mates bothered their backsides about.

Haynes 6 - looks quick and strong but he needs help, no point playing him up front on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Humo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just got back from another dire performance and its going to be tough to decide who played worse so 5 or greater is a pass

Williams -7- Good penalty save but didn't seem to command his box well or communicate with the back 4

McGivern -6- Played well and seems to be getting back to his old form however his attacking play isn't up to par
    Hanlon -7- I thought he played well. He dived in front of the ball and took a nasty knock and all the guy behind me said was "good I hope he's injured" ffs
    Nelson -3- All he knows how to do is hoof the ball a lot of people say "aye but hes a no nonsense defender" what's the point in just giving the opposition the ball again so they can just have another attack

Stevenson -4- Works hard but wasn't good enough today. We had 4 shots in total and he didn't take one even when he was in a great position to do so.
    Stanton -7- Showed up the midfield. If a youngster playing about his 5th first team game is better than you, you need to move on.
    Craig -3- Should of been hooked sooner. Not a captain and recently not been a player. And for all you who say "why drop our top goalscorer." No one is irreplaceable, if they don't play well they shouldn't play.
    Taoi -5- Got stuck in and was stupidly subbed off and let the team down, but the ref did have it in for us. He knew it was a foul from his reaction and from the way he kicked the tunnel you knew he was annoyed with himself.

Haynes -6- Holds the ball up quite well, when he gets it. Better than Collins but thats not hard.

Subs

Boateng -5- Slow as treacle but is a no nonsense defender who can pass a ball to another player in a hibs jersey

Officials

Not even wort marking it was rank rotten performance .clueless ,uninspiring and gutless at times .We were carved apart

Left by mutual consent!
    Everyone 0 apart from Williams

Subs

Officials

Your Paul Hanlon rating and comment is the most ridiculous thing I think I've ever read on here (and that is saying something) !

My goodness, I'm flabbergasted!

Williams - 4. Easy pen save and hoofs the ball every time to nobody in particular. Part of the problem.

McGivern - 5 Best defender we had, played alright versus Mackay Steven. Poor pass which led to their first goal.
    Hanlon - 4 Average all night, bullied by Ciftci on numerous occasions.
    Nelson - 2 How he even still plays is beyond me, can't do the basics of football. Major part of why we are 7th
    Forster - 4 Scored, that's about it.

Harris - 3 Needs a run in the 20s to get his confidence back. Trying to hard to protect himself.
    Craig - 1 Get him out of the club. Definitely not good enough if we want to challenge Aberdeen.
    Taiwo - 4 Would have been higher but for the red. Broke up a lot of play and worked to cover all of the centre midfield.
    Stevenson - 3 Gave the ball away far too easily on numerous occasions.

Stanton - 4 Didn't get the ball as much as normal so couldn't influence the game.

Haynes - 4 Feel for him having the ball punted at him for 90 mins and having to feed off scraps. Worked hard enough.

Butcher - 1 Awful "tactics" if you can call them tactics. Won't have many renewals watching that week in week out.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Williams 7 - great save in 1st half
    Forster 5 - no help from Harris but still should do better
    Nelson 2 - should never be playing at this level
    Hanlon 4 - injured but worst game for ages
    McGivern 4 - a few interceptions but mostly poor
    Harris 1 - oh dear
    Taiwo 5 - played ok till daft 2nd yellow
    Stanton 4 - hardly seen, good free kick
    Craig 1 - unbelievably bad
    Stevenson 5 - put in usual shift but nowt else
    Haynes 5 - no support
    Handling - at least ran with the ball but took wrong option

Where do we go from here?

Subs

Officials

Hanlon 7..... he was absolute mince mate, what game were you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice Of Reason View Post

Your Paul Hanlon rating and comment is the most ridiculous thing I think I've ever read on here (and that is saying something) !

My goodness, I'm flabbergasted!
    My reaction as well. Hanlon had literally his worst game for the team ever tonight.

I really cannot think of anyone that got pass marks to be honest. And that's a first.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Hanlon a 7? Can I have what your drinking

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar

Subs

Officials

McGivern at Fault For the first goal as was Hanlon. Hanlon has been good this season, but def didnt play well tonight.

Don't think Boateng looked slow either

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    None of them deserve a mark over 3, as for Williams in goal i'd sack that clown now. The kids like Forster and Stanton i'd keep but the rest i'd make play in the east of scotland league until someone was stupid enough to want them, or their contracts ran out.

Not one of these so called players are worth keeping, i remember folk saying Calderwood and Fenlon had a terrible job because Hughes had left them with dross.

Well this shower are as bad as anything i witnessed under Hughes, and Europe is a lllooooonnng way off at this moment in time, and another huge rebuilding job is needed.

Make sure you buy a season ticket though, it is getting better soon.

Promising Youngster Long Time Hibee's Avatar
    Don't think anybody got pass marks tonight. What worries me most is that we don't pass the ball more than 2/3 times. When it goes back it gets pumped up field which is meat & drink for most defenders. Haynes struggled because everything that went to him was in the air!!!!!!! Forster is a centre half playing right back (get him in the middle) Nelson is past it, Hanlon was weak, Harris looks frightened, Craig did nothing, Lewis huffs & puffs but was poor, Taiwo looked decent but silly 2nd booking. Not good. Need to bite the bullet and get Thomson back in, play 2 up front and play the ball to feet!

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    McGivern at Fault For the first goal as was Hanlon. Hanlon has been good this season, but def didnt play well tonight.

Don't think Boateng looked slow either
    I did. At one point he looked like he was running backwards

Not sure about all the praise for Ben. Second goal was a ball into the six yard box which he should have claimed but stayed on his line instead
    This is how it feels

Testimonial Due

Subs

Officials

no wonder we got beat. Only played 10 men....

Harris would have been a 3. Nothing like the old direct quick lad he was. Under 20s till end of season and start again next season imho.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post

Not sure about all the praise for Ben. Second goal was a ball into the six yard box which he should have claimed but stayed on his line instead

Another howler to add to the total, he's a poor keeper in a poor team.

Subs

Officials

See you didnt mention Harris wonder why!!!!! Good penalty save where when

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    None of them deserve a mark over 3, as for Williams in goal i'd sack that clown now. The kids like Forster and Stanton i'd keep but the rest i'd make play in the east of scotland league until someone was stupid enough to want them, or their contracts ran out.

Not one of these so called players are worth keeping, i remember folk saying Calderwood and Fenlon had a terrible job because Hughes had left them with dross.

Well this shower are as bad as anything i witnessed under Hughes, and Europe is a lllooooonnng way off at this moment in time, and another huge rebuilding job is needed.

Make sure you buy a season ticket though, it is getting better soon.
    Apart from your Williams comment, I agree.

Bunch of overpaid goons..............losers.

Will need to have a proper look at him, but i've been known to be wrong before, the last time was in 1987

First Team Regular
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MC_Humo
    Forgot about Harris well because i didnt notice he was playing thats how good he was.

Probably way too generous with Hanlon by the sounds of things

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    Will need to have a proper look at him, but i've been known to be wrong before, the last time was in 1987
    Twenty years after the year I was last found to be wrong
    This is how it feels

Twenty years after the year I was last found to be wrong

One of us will have to be wrong this time though

@hibs.net private member
    Williams 7 - Saved pen and great save in first half

McGivern -5- Best of the back 4. Great tackle in first half but didn't link well with Lewis tonight and gave the ball away far too often
    Hanlon -3- Very poor. Bullied and lost his man on a good few occasions one of which led to a goal.
    Nelson -4- Awful distribution again and he and Forster look all at sea when we get attacked down our right
    Forster -5- Poor. Gave ball away a lot but not helped by Harris.Extra mark for goal

Stevenson -4- Looked like he cared but was poor tonight. Gave ball away too much and lost his man a few times in dangerous situations
    Stanton -5- Looked OK on the rare occasions when the ball wasn't flying 30 foot over him
    Craig -1- No idea why he is playing and it looks like he has no idea what he is doing. If TB insists on playing him swap him and Lewis as Craig looked better on the left.
    Taiwo -6- Started really well and was our best player all night. Comfortable in tight situations and has the ability to kick the ball along the ground. Silly sending off but ref was as much to blame
    Harris - 1 Should never be playing as he looks like he is short of a yard and worried about getting injured again. I feel for the lad and don't blame him

Haynes -4- Never really at the races and Utd doubled up on him as he was so isolated

Subs

Handling - No idea why he was dropped for Craig and did reasonably well in the time he was on.
    Boateng -Decent from the big guy. Looked pretty strong
    Collins - Not much time

Ref - eye test required and possibly the most pedantic performance I have seen. As if the fitba isn't bad enough we have to endure 90 mins of him booking anything that moves and worrying about the ball being a yard out of position at a free kick. I get the feeling he goes out to ruin every game he officiates

TB -1 - Poor team selection and the energy we had when he joined has gone. I thought we were as bad tonight as almost any game under Fenlon. Craig and Harris shouldn't be starting and he needs to have a think about Cairney as we were playing reasonably well when he was starting. We were second to every ball tonight and looked a man short before Taiwo got sent off. After he hairdryers the team he has to look in the mirror as I think he made some poor choices tonight.

I watched the Hibs warm up tonight and the shooting from practically every player was pathetic. They really needed the net behind the goals or a few bairns would have been scattered. No pressure situation and technical ability completely absent. We look like a team that is completely devoid of basic footballing ability. Confidence has a part to play but Butcher and Malpas needs to get these players working on trapping a ball and playing a 10 yard pass as most of them don't look capable.

Crowd - I am beginning to think we need to get on the players backs more. They were pathetic tonight and got a really easy time of it in my opinion. The crowd in the FF lower has lost the power to care. I think we are almost at the point of total indifference and that is being transferred onto the park. I am starting to get to the point where I really couldn't care less if we win because we don't deserve anything with the style of play we have adopted. I like thousands more will renew but they really don't deserve us!

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    I think that's as good a pen save as Williams has made yet. Picking a side and saving a pen at a nice height is a lot easier than reacting and catching a pen(no matter how **** it was) like he did tonight.

Williams - 5 Did nothing particularly right or wrong all night, hence the average mark.

Forster - 4 Not a right back but scored so he gets brownie points for that.
    Hanlon - 3 Very poor.
    Nelson - 4 Out muscled several times.
    McGivern - 3 He offers next to nothing going forward and his distribution is awful.

Taiwo - 6 Looked to be our best player tonight. Silly second booking but his first booking was a disgrace.
    Craig - 3 Awful. Should be dropped for a few weeks.
    Stevenson - 4 Poor tonight.
    Stanton - 5 Looked decent in the first half, faded a little after the break but wasn't helped by his team mates.
    Harris - 3 Anonymous.

Haynes - 5 Totally isolated up front for the majority of the game but looks like he has something about him.

Collins - 2 Not much time.
    Handling - 3 Not really involved.
    Boateng - 2 See Handling.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Willliams 7 - Penalty save plus several other good stops.

Forster ****
    Nelson ****
    Hanlon ****
    Mcgivern ****

Harris ****
    Craig **** **** ****
    Taiwo **** and another **** for getting sent off
    Stanton dissapointing
    Stevenson ****

Haynes had no service

Handling looked like he wanted to try and take folk on which was refreshing in a game full of shirked tackles and pussying out.
    Collins had no time

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Williams 7 - Saved pen and great save in first half

McGivern -5- Best of the back 4. Great tackle in first half but didn't link well with Lewis tonight and gave the ball away far too often
    Hanlon -3- Very poor. Bullied and lost his man on a good few occasions one of which led to a goal.
    Nelson -4- Awful distribution again and he and Forster look all at sea when we get attacked down our right
    Forster -5- Poor. Gave ball away a lot but not helped by Harris.Extra mark for goal

Stevenson -4- Looked like he cared but was poor tonight. Gave ball away too much and lost his man a few times in dangerous situations
    Stanton -5- Looked OK on the rare occasions when the ball wasn't flying 30 foot over him
    Craig -1- No idea why he is playing and it looks like he has no idea what he is doing. If TB insists on playing him swap him and Lewis as Craig looked better on the left.
    Taiwo -6- Started really well and was our best player all night. Comfortable in tight situations and has the ability to kick the ball along the ground. Silly sending off but ref was as much to blame
    Harris - 1 Should never be playing as he looks like he is short of a yard and worried about getting injured again. I feel for the lad and don't blame him

Haynes -4- Never really at the races and Utd doubled up on him as he was so isolated

Subs

Handling - No idea why he was dropped for Craig and did reasonably well in the time he was on.
    Boateng -Decent from the big guy. Looked pretty strong
    Collins - Not much time

Ref - eye test required and possibly the most pedantic performance I have seen. As if the fitba isn't bad enough we have to endure 90 mins of him booking anything that moves and worrying about the ball being a yard out of position at a free kick. I get the feeling he goes out to ruin every game he officiates

TB -1 - Poor team selection and the energy we had when he joined has gone. I thought we were as bad tonight as almost any game under Fenlon. Craig and Harris shouldn't be starting and he needs to have a think about Cairney as we were playing reasonably well when he was starting. We were second to every ball tonight and looked a man short before Taiwo got sent off. After he hairdryers the team he has to look in the mirror as I think he made some poor choices tonight.

I watched the Hibs warm up tonight and the shooting from practically every player was pathetic. They really needed the net behind the goals or a few bairns would have been scattered. No pressure situation and technical ability completely absent. We look like a team that is completely devoid of basic footballing ability. Confidence has a part to play but Butcher and Malpas needs to get these players working on trapping a ball and playing a 10 yard pass as most of them don't look capable.

Crowd - I am beginning to think we need to get on the players backs more. They were pathetic tonight and got a really easy time of it in my opinion. The crowd in the FF lower has lost the power to care. I think we are almost at the point of total indifference and that is being transferred onto the park. I am starting to get to the point where I really couldn't care less if we win because we don't deserve anything with the style of play we have adopted. I like thousands more will renew but they really don't deserve us!

Couldn't agree more with 99% of what you've typed.

Only thing I would say is that the crowd around me was moaning their tits off from the start at the players, and I don't think it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by R'Albin View Post
    I think that's as good a pen save as Williams has made yet. Picking a side and saving a pen at a nice height is a lot easier than reacting and catching a pen(no matter how **** it was) like he did tonight.

He had time to collect his towel from the net and throw it over the ball
    This is how it feels