hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! AL-Qaholik's Avatar

Season ticket boycott!

Having just left the worst performance I can ever remember seeing, I urge every Hibs fan to refrain from purchasing a season ticket.

Make no mistake, I've seen almost every game (home and away) since Butcher too over and we are undoubtedly going backwards! We were outplayed from the first whistle to the last tonight & yet every change is like for like?!?

He sat the whole game shrugging his shoulders & shaking his head yet was utterly incapable of influencing the game.

Enough is enough!

It's time we made the "custodians" of this once proud club sit up and take notice & the only way to do that is by voting with our feet. En masse!

It's high time this "football" club PROVED that they deserve our hard earned cash!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by AL-Qaholik View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Having just left the worst performance I can ever remember seeing, I urge every Hibs fan to refrain from purchasing a season ticket.
    It's high time this "football" club PROVED that they deserve our hard earned cash!
    I made that decision a good few seasons ago, sadly

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar

Make no mistake, I've seen almost every game (home and away) since Butcher too over and we are undoubtedly going backwards! We were outplayed from the first whistle to the last tonight & yet every change is like for like?!?

He sat the whole game shrugging his shoulders & shaking his head yet was utterly incapable of influencing the game.

Enough is enough!

It's time we made the "custodians" of this once proud club sit up and take notice & the only way to do that is by voting with our feet. En masse!

That's the solution we've all been missing that will solve all our problems.

Left by mutual consent!
    I see where the op is coming from but a boycott of season tickets is not the answer. The club needs to do more than cringy marketing based on army puns to get folk to buy season tickets. 5 or 6 first team ready and recognised players signed by the end of June is what the club should now be looking to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    That's the solution we've all been missing that will solve all our problems.
    Aye, coz blindly pumping our money into the club has been working so well right enough...

Left by mutual consent!

Enough is enough!

Aye, good idea. Let's make sure the club has nae money tae replace the dross on show the now, leaving us with the option of keeping what we got or getting worse. Rome wisnae built in a day, so I for one WILL be purchasing for me and the laddie. You can dae what ye like.

Testimonial Due

Enough is enough!

If you are really 31 you must have seen lots worse performances than tonight's. However it was bad but to boycott STs nah not the answer for me

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    Aye, good idea. Let's make sure the club has nae money tae replace the dross on show the now, leaving us with the option of keeping what we got or getting worse. Rome wisnae built in a day, so I for one WILL be purchasing for me and the laddie. You can dae what ye like.
    I'm guessing a fair percentage of Rome could've been built in 7 years...

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Aye, coz blindly pumping our money into the club has been working so well right enough...
    What would your alternative be?

Surely the answer is to buy a season ticket thereby giving the manager as much money as possible to improve the team. Cutting the cash available is going to make things even worse.

Left by mutual consent!
    Butcher's been in charge 7 years has he. The board have made mistakes, which the tache has more or less admitted, but this time I think he has got it right. Given time, Butcher will get it right.Now is no the time tae be throwin yer toys out of the pram.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Surely the answer is to buy a season ticket thereby giving the manager as much money as possible to improve the team. Cutting the cash available is going to make things even worse.
    Finally, someone with sense!

Quote Originally Posted by The Sea-gull View Post
    I see where the op is coming from but a boycott of season tickets is not the answer. The club needs to do more than cringy marketing based on army puns to get folk to buy season tickets. 5 or 6 first team ready and recognised players signed by the end of June is what the club should now be looking to do.
    Agree with you about cringy army marketing stuff . A real own goal even if we were running away with the league and even worse when playing like tonight and in almost every game in last few months . Forget about this type of marketing and see if we can win a few games and look organised . Still 5 months till next season so plenty of time to make changes in playing and managerial staff if necessary before next season .

Cool, lets stop financially supporting the club and go shopping with the missus on a Saturday then, cos when we do that there will be no Hibs, actually......you might be onto something here!!!!!

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Painful to see us outclassed but boycott would only make things worse. Butcher needs the summer to bring in half a dozen of his players then we can judge him. Plenty effort but Utd are a far better side quality wise.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Aye but they didnae have trams back then
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I'd give him the same amount of money he had at ICT, that seems to be the way forward these days, we only squander more than that.

Seriously, you have to wonder just what these clubs who have no support and little money do different, as the way we spend our cash is definitely not working.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    Painful to see us outclassed but boycott would only make things worse. Butcher needs the summer to bring in half a dozen of his players then we can judge him. Plenty effort but Utd are a far better side quality wise.
    This time last year we looked better than them in draw at Tannadice and in draw at ER in August we were even . What`s happened since then ?

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    As I've stated on here before I didn't want Butcher as manager but he's here so he needs a chance to bring in his own players to his style of football.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Butcher out already then aye? I give up. What a joke.

Aye, brilliant! The money we've pumped into the club recently has been utterly wasted - so let's give them even more!! You are the very definition of a "patsy"...

Aye, brilliant! The money we've pumped into the club recently has been utterly wasted - so let's give them even more!! You are the very definition of a "patsy"...
    Thanks

What would be your alternative strategy?

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    You've been ignored once already. Take the hint eh

First Team Breakthrough
    Mrs big gogs and myself will be renewing our tickets very soon ,boycott,count us out.]

With very limited season ticket sales, we would still be on a financial par with the likes of ICT who have grossly out-performed us in recent seasons.

Let's see Hibs prove that they can do things the right way & put out a genuinely competitive team who are worthy of our, seemingly, unquestioning investment!

You've been ignored once already. Take the hint eh
    Beat it, Patsy, the big boys are talking business here.

Go to the Cinema?

With very limited season ticket sales, we would still be on a financial par with the likes of ICT who have grossly out-performed us in recent seasons.

Let's see Hibs prove that they can do things the right way & put out a genuinely competitive team who are worthy of our, seemingly, unquestioning investment!
    So you want to limit the competitiveness of the, relatively new, manager in his ability to attract the new players that we all crave.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 28-02-2014 at 09:33 PM.

Enough is enough!

Your on the wrong site

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk