hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Hibs 1 v 3 Dundee Utd (Forster)

Can't imagine there being too many changes.

My team would be:

Williams

Forster
    Nelson
    Hanlon
    McGivern

Taiwo

Haynes
    Stanton
    Craig
    Stevenson

Heffernan

Subs: Grant, Boateng, Thomson, Cairney, Harris, Collins, Handling (or Watmore if fit)

2. Log in to remove the advert

Watmore, if fit, in for Harris is the only change I would make.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    Williams

Forster
    Nelson
    Hanlon
    McGivern

Watmore(if fit)
    Stanton
    Taiwo
    Stevenson

Craig

Haynes
    Last edited by BOB MARLEYS DUG; 27-02-2014 at 02:57 PM.

Think it will be the same team as last Saturday as we played well, can't see him dropping handling as he would of picked up alot of confidence from the Scotland cap

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: yekim evol
    Williams
    Forster Nelson Hanlon McGivern
    Stevenson Craig Taiwo Handling
    Stanton
    Haynes

@hibs.net private member
    I wish we attacked more as a "unit" like ICT did under TB rather than playing it up to a loan striker who always seems to need support.

I know it won't be popular but how about dropping Stevenson from the wide left position, putting Harris there and Watmore into the wide right. Apart from adding pace to the attack that could provide support for Hayes and Handling and maybe help our lack of goals. I just always feel, much as I like him, Lewis doesn't get into the box often enough to support a loan striker. At home that is costing us. My big concern would be who would cover for McGivern when he goes forward as Lewis always steps back.

An argument for Lewis in Centre left/holding midfield could be made as he doesn't misplace many passes. Sort of like John Rankine at Dundee Utd.

Think we may see Craig in for Handling with Stanton playing a bit further forward. I thought Handling was really poor last week.

From what Butcher says I don't think Watmore will be fit enough to start so I'd imagine he'll go with Harris again. He's been back the best part of two months now so I think we need to see a bit more from him.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wish we attacked more as a "unit" like ICT did under TB rather than playing it up to a loan striker who always seems to need support.

I know it won't be popular but how about dropping Stevenson from the wide left position, putting Harris there and Watmore into the wide right. Apart from adding pace to the attack that could provide support for Hayes and Handling and maybe help our lack of goals. I just always feel, much as I like him, Lewis doesn't get into the box often enough to support a loan striker. At home that is costing us. My big concern would be who would cover for McGivern when he goes forward as Lewis always steps back.

An argument for Lewis in Centre left/holding midfield could be made as he doesn't misplace many passes. Sort of like John Rankine at Dundee Utd.

Harris has no left foot. He repeatedly runs with the ball on his right and has to check back inside to put a cross in. This makes is easy for defenders to tackle him, as the ball is on the side that makes it more accessible. It also makes strikers have to check their runs, because he can't deliver a cross. Butcher would be doing him a big favour by playing him on the right side (or in fact by resting him). I think you're point regarding covering for McGivern is one of the reasons why Lewis in needed wide left. The two seem to compliment each others style of play.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post

Did we not play with something similar against Raith Rovers? I wouldn't be against trying it again though, particularly now that Haynes appears to be offering us something different up top.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Harris has no left foot. He repeatedly runs with the ball on his right and has to check back inside to put a cross in. This makes is easy for defenders to tackle him, as the ball is on the side that makes it more accessible. It also makes strikers have to check their runs, because he can't deliver a cross. Butcher would be doing him a big favour by playing him on the right side (or in fact by resting him). I think you're point regarding covering for McGivern is one of the reasons why Lewis in needed wide left. The two seem to compliment each others style of play.
    Harris played some of his best football on the left when he first came in to the team.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Is Stevenson fit? Went off injured last Saturday

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Williams

Forster
    Nelson
    Hanlon
    McGivern

Watmore if fit
    Taiwo
    Stanton
    Stevenson

Handling

Haynes

Left by mutual consent!
    Heff up top with Haynes or, Craig just being Haynes will do me.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Harris played some of his best football on the left when he first came in to the team.
    That was then and this is now

The guy has lost form and looks poor. He needs to play to his strengths and at the moment it's not wide left. I've cringed at some of his play and noticed defenders are trying to make him take the ball on his left. He just can't do it. Perhaps the initial impact was a case of flattering to deceive? I really Harris comes on but at the moment he's adding nothing to the team.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Craig for Harris maybe? If we are going lone striker then Haynes up top. Ideally Thomson and Taiwo as a middle 2, then a 3 of Craig on the left, Stanton through the middle and Harris on the right.

Williams

Forster
    Hanlon
    Nelson
    Mcgivern

Watmore
    Stanton
    Craig
    Harris

Collins
    Haynes

I think Harris would be more effective cutting in from the left, and i would bring Collins in for Handling. Never really feel like Handling puts a stamp on a game.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Harris was great until he got blootered by that Mother******* thug Hutchinson. His recent dip in form is probably due to me ordering a black away top with Harris 7 on the back. I'll cycle down the coast and wear it sailing a few times just in case a yam postie handled the package and put the stink on it.

@hibs.net private member
    Same as last week

tab said earlier in week that Watmore likely to be on bench if fit

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Is Stevenson fit? Went off injured last Saturday
    Yes he is expected to be fit unless injury flares up again as he trains today

So same team with Craig, Watmore, Bouteng,Heff, Thomson and Collins on bench. Pretty strong bench!!

Williams

Forster
    Nelson
    Hanlon
    McGirven

Watmore
    Taiwo
    Stanton
    Craig

Haynes
    Handling

Testimonial Due
    Not convinced with Forster at rb; would try Boetang there instead.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    Harris was great until he got blootered by that Mother******* thug Hutchinson. His recent dip in form is probably due to me ordering a black away top with Harris 7 on the back. I'll cycle down the coast and wear it sailing a few times just in case a yam postie handled the package and put the stink on it.
    I personally thought Harris was poor against Malmo at ER and looked woefully low in confidence in the 1st half against Motherwell before said blootering. I have high hopes for him and have no doubts about his ability but I think there is a bit of work to do to get him psychologically ready for top level football.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MrHibs
    Quote Originally Posted by nosliwnayrHFC View Post
    The team will be 4-2-3-1

Williams
    Forster
    Nelson
    Hanlon
    McGivern
    Taiwo
    Craig
    Harris
    Stanton
    Stevenson
    Haynes
    I'd rather we stuck with the 4-4-1-1 formation we played against Killie as our form wasn't great using that 4-2-3-1.

I don't think Craig can play a holding midfield role and would rather see him as a straight swap for Handling if anything but I wouldn't change the team from last week.

I'd actually change my team as I feel different today

Lewis has been superb at left mid. But I'd go for it 4-3-3 with Haynes, Heffernan and Harris as the front 3. Midfield trio of Taiwo, Stanton, Craig.

Handling and Stevenson on the bench.

I have a good feeling about today. 2-1 or 3-1. :tbgwa:

Left by mutual consent!
    Williams

Forster
    Nelson
    Hanlon
    McGivern

Taiwo
    Stanton
    Craig

Haynes
    Heffernan
    Harris

Definitely 2 up front to stop utd's full backs bombing on. One up and one behind would play right into there hands in my opinion. Would like to see Haynes and Heff up there but will trust terry as he knows his players, and utd's better than me!!!!:tbgwa:

Quote Originally Posted by ehf View Post
    Not convinced with Forster at rb; would try Boetang there instead.
    TB wants a wee bit more time working with Boateng before considering a first team start
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by jasmith1875 View Post
    Williams

Forster
    Hanlon
    Nelson
    Mcgivern

Watmore
    Stanton
    Craig
    Harris

Collins
    Haynes

I think Harris would be more effective cutting in from the left, and i would bring Collins in for Handling. Never really feel like Handling puts a stamp on a game.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2
    Why drop Taiwo when he has played well recently? Especially in the 2nd half last week.

I would drop Harris and bring in Craig or Watmore if fit.

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibdan12 PSN ID: n/a Wii Code: n/a
    whats the news on watmore and thompson?