Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Davie Moyes 8/11 to get his jotters...

On his way it seems?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On his way it seems?
    Probably out of the Champions League. Little chance on form off making the top 4. Can they afford to keep him on??

On his way it seems?
    Last night was so inept you wonder if he can't get them up for that type go game and some of the home results they have had then it will be hard for sir Alex to convince people that he will come good He said I didn't see that performance coming .No one is asking him to be a psychic , but players are now saying I go to run into space where I think I should be but another player is there .So clearly tactically he isn't getting through to players or some of them don't think he is right man for job and aren't playing to instruction .But whatever it is he is taking them in wrong direction and only putting a string of victories together immediately to get them back to fourth can save him .Any big spending in summer needs board to be clear he is right man to handle big money buys and find a system that brings confident attacking football while closing down teams that a few years ago wouldn't of troubled them and so far he is struggling to convince anyone including himself .Curtains right enough I think

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    I've said it before. But Man Utd will go on a downward spiral of managerial changes, with each manager getting less and less time as the fans become more and more restless.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    It would be madness to sack moyes, he inherited an ageing team and needs time to rebuild.

@hibs.net private member andy1875's Avatar
    I read the following last night on a United forum.

"He's taken over a team of champions, comfortable champions at that, spent £70 million and has made that same side look awful in just over 6 months"

Very simply put but it's bang on the money.

I get it would take time to make his mark but things are clearly not right. I wanted him to succeed but think he's out his depth at a club the size of MUFC.

I still think he'll get till at least the summer, even Christmas to turn it around.
    Last edited by andy1875; 26-02-2014 at 08:55 PM.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Can't see it. At the very least he'll get the summer transfer window to build his own team.

I was actually going to say I'll give you evens but it's 6/4 on Corals so fill your boots.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    On his way it seems?
    2/1 to qualify for next round. ;)
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member
    Man Utd gave him a 6 year contract so I doubt they will get rid off him. But this is worst Man Utd team in a generation.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YehButNoBut View Post
    I said "Flick ze Gestapo"!
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Left by mutual consent!
    He ain't going.

Quote Originally Posted by andy1875 View Post
    I read the following last night on a United forum.

"He's taken over a team of champions, comfortable champions at that, spent £70 million and has made that same side look awful in just over 6 months"

Very simply put but it's bang on the money.

I get it would take time to make his mark but things are clearly not right. I wanted him to succeed but think he's out his depth at a club the size of MUFC.

I still think he'll get till at least the summer, even Christmas to turn it around.
    He inherited a weak and ageing squad which was why Ferguson quit. Moyes can only be blamed for not starting the overhaul last summer.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    There are a few players at Man United that think they are more important than the Manager. That is not a million miles away from the situation that Ferguson inherited.

I get good info from down south more than I do Scottish sides. Fergie is still pulling more strings than the media let on. They are very worried about losing out by not making top four. Moyes knows this and don't be surprised to find Fergie in the hot seat till the end of the season to sort out the mess.

The simple fact is, Man U in my book weren't "comfortable champions". Maybe in the eyes of a Man U fan yeah. But Fergie knew he could have the time to build another team like he has done over the years and saw Man U were ageing quickly. Sorry but guys like Young, Cleverly, Welbeck Smalling aren't good enough to win this league. Rio is to old now so Man U need to clear out the dead wood and rebuild.

Thing is Moyes doesn't have the time like Feegie did, it's all about money now and tv coverage. Man U not making the CL would be a massive disaster! For me it's a tough one I think he'll see out the season with a surprise manager taking over.... Watch this space!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    There are a few players at Man United that think they are more important than the Manager. That is not a million miles away from the situation that Ferguson inherited.
    This is also true, one or two words have been said in the dressing room and there is at least 5 players who want out. The agent I chat too has had 3 of them asking for a move this summer. Rooney believe it or not is the one trying to pull them all together and hasn't been happy with a few of his team mates. If RVP stays beyond this summer I'll be surprised.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Whoever succeeded Fergie was on a hiding to nothing, it's Matt Busby all over again. United will react and probably change the way they do things just like Liverpool did post Heysel and see how long it took them to recover, if they have recovered yet, from dominant to just dangerous.

Don't think he'll get the bullet yet but I thought it was a strange appointment in the first place. A manager who's never won anything at all replacing the guy who's won everything.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Don't think he'll get the bullet yet but I thought it was a strange appointment in the first place. A manager who's never won anything at all replacing the guy who's won everything.
    Personally I got the feeling he was/is a patsie early doors. Get him in and he fails then the next manager doesnt live under SAF shadow - he'll just have to be better than Moyes.

Agent Moyes is doing a great job. Would love to know if he was involved in pissing away £300k a week on the carpet-heided granny ****ger. If he was, that's genius!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    I get good info from down south more than I do Scottish sides. Fergie is still pulling more strings than the media let on. They are very worried about losing out by not making top four. Moyes knows this and don't be surprised to find Fergie in the hot seat till the end of the season to sort out the mess.

The simple fact is, Man U in my book weren't "comfortable champions". Maybe in the eyes of a Man U fan yeah. But Fergie knew he could have the time to build another team like he has done over the years and saw Man U were ageing quickly. Sorry but guys like Young, Cleverly, Welbeck Smalling aren't good enough to win this league. Rio is to old now so Man U need to clear out the dead wood and rebuild.

Thing is Moyes doesn't have the time like Feegie did, it's all about money now and tv coverage. Man U not making the CL would be a massive disaster! For me it's a tough one I think he'll see out the season with a surprise manager taking over.... Watch this space!!!
    According to Paddy Power, Feguson is favourite to be the next Man U manager (ahead of Klopp etc) and the odds on him managing a game this season have plummeted. Whether that is a reaction to the amount of money punted after Wednesday or whether there is something in what you have said, time may tell...

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I love how some of the Manure fans are "hurting" my own brother in law being one of them, it couldn't go on forever, to hear him bleating is comical.

PS Don't even ask how I allowed my sister to marry a Manc.

I can't help but think Ferguson played a blinder in leaving when he did..

Ageing team and all that

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    According to the i this morning Moyes might be a patsy, installed to give the real next manager a fair chance of succeeding Ferguson. If the real next manager had succeeded Ferguson immediately, he would have suffered by comparison with Fergie. Now he will be compared favourably with Moyes, and will therefore get a fair chance to be a long-term successful manager.

First Team Breakthrough goosefat's Avatar
    Would it not have been a better idea for the Man Utd board to employ a manager who know what the **** he was doing and doesn't always look like he's just sucked on a lemon?

Just a thought....

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    According to the i this morning Moyes might be a patsy, installed to give the real next manager a fair chance of succeeding Ferguson. If the real next manager had succeeded Ferguson immediately, he would have suffered by comparison with Fergie. Now he will be compared favourably with Moyes, and will therefore get a fair chance to be a long-term successful manager.

If that were true why would they give Moyes a six year contract?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I'd sooner risk my cash on Shalke qualifying for the next round of the CL.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Purehibee_MYB View Post
    If that were true why would they give Moyes a six year contract?
    A couple reasons maybe. 1) stability - lots of backing early on and 2) if he succeded then happy days!

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    A couple reasons maybe. 1) stability - lots of backing early on and 2) if he succeded then happy days!
    That's fair enough but if the theory is that Moyes was always intended to be a fall guy (to an extent) then why give him a six year deal if he was almost expected to flop?