hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Official Site: Help Me Build Our Future

Choose to make the difference

More...

2. Log in to remove the advert

1. Time - building a strong, solid structure is a patient process.
    This is the most important point imo. Also like the sounds of this:

· Playing a fast, dynamic style of football that entertains, but also wins games.
    · Bringing through talented and skilful youngsters from our superb Academy and Training Centre.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I know we've had countless kicks in the teeth, false dawns, and had to endure some awful football at times, but I really hope that we get a good uptake of season tickets to help Butcher rebuild the team. I still firmly believe that he is capable of winning something at Hibs and that we'll see a positive shift in performances and results.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

First Team Breakthrough
    Get the feeling he actually knows what being associated with Hibernian FC is all about! Would enjoy seeing the flair days again before I pop my clogs...So to speak..

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know we've had countless kicks in the teeth, false dawns, and had to endure some awful football at times, but I really hope that we get a good uptake of season tickets to help Butcher rebuild the team. I still firmly believe that he is capable of winning something at Hibs and that we'll see a positive shift in performances and results.
    I completely agree with what you say. Unless we go on an absolutely outstanding run of results between now and the end of the season I can see a fairly big drop in season ticket sales though.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    It may have TB's picture and his signature but it reads as if it was written by Petrie. The usual plea to buy a season ticket for next season and forget about all the pish you've watched this season.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    It may have TB's picture and his signature but it reads as if it was written by Petrie. The usual plea to buy a season ticket for next season and forget about all the pish you've watched this season.
    See ya next season j ;)

Quote Originally Posted by jodjam View Post
    See ya next season j ;)
    You sure will mate ! Just as well the banter is good.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

they should have said "hang on to all the pish things that we can't influence because they happened in the past so that we can give ourselves leads chance of improving the the things in the future that we can influence. Stay angry and keep your money, because we've been a bit pish for a while now. "

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    they should have said "hang on to all the pish things that we can't influence because they happened in the past so that we can give ourselves leads chance of improving the the things in the future that we can influence. Stay angry and keep your money, because we've been a bit pish for a while now. "
    More accurate but maybe taking it a bit too far Matty

Seriously though I don't know what the answer is, but each season we are expected to renew in the hope that the next season will be better than the last - it usually isn't. I will be renewing, but without the lure of cup final tickets I can't see anything other than a big drop for next season.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

More accurate but maybe taking it a bit too far Matty

Seriously though I don't know what the answer is, but each season we are expected to renew in the hope that the next season will be better than the last - it usually isn't. I will be renewing, but without the lure of cup final tickets I can't see anything other than a big drop for next season.
    Can't really argue with that at all. What Butcher needs to do is finish the season very positively, get plenty wins on the board and start to show some of that potential and give the fans that optimism and enthusiasm for the new season.

I'll renew regardless, just hope that the incentive is there for others to buy a season ticket too.

a good statement from Butcher and speaks more positively in that than calderclown did in his entire time here.
    however, it is a bit like the hibs begging bowl again,new season, new request for money

I disagree. Talking about positive energy, unstoppable forces and harnessing power and energy is right up Butchers street.

I know it's been pish let's face it, we didn't have the right guy in charge and we gave him too long. Before that I don't think we gave the right guys enough time (calderwood excluded of course). Mistakes have been made but it's true that everything is now in place for it to work. We have the best facilities, the best management team and it's clear that's he's going to be given time.

I can sense big changes and positive things happening starting next season.

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    I disagree. Talking about positive energy, unstoppable forces and harnessing power and energy is right up Butchers street.

I know it's been pish let's face it, we didn't have the right guy in charge and we gave him too long. Before that I don't think we gave the right guys enough time (calderwood excluded of course). Mistakes have been made but it's true that everything is now in place for it to work. We have the best facilities, the best management team and it's clear that's he's going to be given time.

I can sense big changes and positive things happening starting next season.

yep,next season we should hopefully start to get moving

@hibs.net private member
    I don't get why Hibs supporters with the time and cash don't get or renew a ST. We complain about the team, lack of investment by STF but there seems to be a lot of Hibs fans that look for reason not to invest in the club by buying a ST. It's our club our team the owners are just custodians of it.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Thats it, I'm in! Roll on the summer singing and the new season. So long as the club realises that it too needs to invest if they are asking the fans to. I have a feeling this is it. Glory Glory

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    I don't get why Hibs supporters with the time and cash don't get or renew a ST. We complain about the team, lack of investment by STF but there seems to be a lot of Hibs fans that look for reason not to invest in the club by buying a ST. It's our club our team the owners are just custodians of it.
    Even when our fanbase hits it's lowest point, we're still better off than the majority of clubs in the league.

So when these clubs continue to get the better of us every season, you can understand why many fans may be hesitant to go back again.

I don't see anybody complaining about a lack of investment. It's how the investment is spent that seems to be the problem these days.

Left by mutual consent!
    Maybe because they just don't want to?!

Season after season of abhorrent plsh has driven away literally thousands of fans & some are just not willing to come back 'cos of a few sentences on the website

Left by mutual consent!
    They don't look for reasons not to buy a ST; there just aren't enough compelling reasons for many people to do so.

Left by mutual consent!
    Two articles on the official site on the same day, one talking about folk buying season tickets and the one straight efter it moving fixtures, some with as little as two weeks notice costing some fans a lot of money, and making others miss yet another game. It's little wonder some folk dinnae want tae buy them and others that do are questioning their worth. It's time the fans started getting far mair consideration instead of being at the bottom of the pile and the last considered in everything.

Official Site: Help Me Build Our Future

Moving fixtures is one of the reasons buying a season ticket makes less and less sense and is a drain on funds for the Club. For some it would be cheaper walking up which would probably mean they would walk up less meaning lost
    revenues again.

Ever decreasing circles

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    We're really going to have a lot of seats available next season. Only one category A game, although hopefully the Dons increase will partly offset the Hearts decrease.
    I really hope they do offer fantastic Kids prices all over the ground

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    Two articles on the official site on the same day, one talking about folk buying season tickets and the one straight efter it moving fixtures, some with as little as two weeks notice costing some fans a lot of money, and making others miss yet another game. It's little wonder some folk dinnae want tae buy them and others that do are questioning their worth. It's time the fans started getting far mair consideration instead of being at the bottom of the pile and the last considered in everything.
    It just goes to show what the club are up against. Feedback on this matter via LWT and the recent-ish green survey has been IMO heard loud and clear by management - if the club are given short notice what are they to do? Timing is crap I agree.

With the circumstances described I think there will be a point (we are approaching the cusp of it in now-3 years IMO) where the ST model evolves into something else. If the club can pull off another interest free deal over 10-11 months they may just eek things out a little longer.

I dont think management are resting on their laurels on the current model and have been looking ahead.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    It just goes to show what the club are up against. Feedback on this matter via LWT and the recent-ish green survey has been IMO heard loud and clear by management - if the club are given short notice what are they to do? Timing is crap I agree.

With the circumstances described I think there will be a point (we are approaching the cusp of it in now-3 years IMO) where the ST model evolves into something else. If the club can pull off another interest free deal over 10-11 months they may just eek things out a little longer.

I dont think management are resting on their laurels on the current model and have been looking ahead.
    And the Motherwell game, was it moved for TV at short notice?

While I'm all in favour of 3pm Saturday ko times (and that move suits me if I'm honest) I think it's a disgrace that that game has been moved at such short notice for nae other reason than both teams happen tae be free that weekend. They're no blaming the TV for that are they? Surely that was the clubs decision tae **** folk about?

Me, I'm missing the Friday game because some ersehole suddenly decided we could have Friday night fitba in Edinburgh and that now makes my ST dearer than what it would have cost me tae walk up.

We need to start battering teams at home again, a good home record equals a good strong Hibernian.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    Even when our fanbase hits it's lowest point, we're still better off than the majority of clubs in the league.

So when these clubs continue to get the better of us every season, you can understand why many fans may be hesitant to go back again.

I don't see anybody complaining about a lack of investment. It's how the investment is spent that seems to be the problem these days.

you have a very good point here.Hopefully we now have the right management team in place but it will take time

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I think Hibs have to be very creative in their season ticket proposition this season and in the future. I would offer a non-tv season ticket option that includes every game bar those on tv (they'd likely have to make a calculated assumption of how many games that would be) with the option to purchase these games on a game by game basis at the equivalent cost of a season ticket game.
    Or, buy a season ticket this season at full price and get a discount on the next again season's season ticket based on how many tv games the season ticket want used for in the preceding season. They must have that info because our season tickets are scanned so that information must go somewhere.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    I think the reasons for and against are both valid but the context here is Stuart McCall saying to the press this week that the Mothers won't be able to compete on wages in the summer with English non-league sides.

That's why STs need to get bought.

Testimonial Due
    Will have been written by some marketing agency and approved by Petrie. Butcher probably hasn't even seen it.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Its a nice idea matty but it wont happen. It'll just be more of the same imo.

Imo there should be a considerable discount for buying a season ticket, when youre likely to be worseoff financially by missing one or two games it really makes no sense to get one. Imo there should be no difference in prices for cat a games, if tyat was the case and all prices were the same for each match it would be easier to show how much of a saving you could make by getting a season ticket